give me a life time of promises (open)
Maea Valair
Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 24 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1847
MAEA
Carry me through this world alive
I feel no more, this suffering
Picking out a pair of candles, Maea offered one to Loren and lit the other herself. Waiting for the wick to catch, she mused aloud; "I can't help but think that Frey is quite bright," she said. "Your heart was broken, in essence because you did not understand yourself and your wants, needs and urges. Nor those of your partner. So, they set you a task that would force you to look at yourself more deeply. To help you heal your own wounds, by accepting who you are. And accept others for who they are. To not be afraid of... sharing yourself."

As the flame grew brighter and the wax began to melt, Maea let a few drops fall onto the shrine and placed the butt of the candle into it, so it would hold itself up.

"You know... there are no set ways to worship here. Each god has their own preferences. For Ludo we make lanterns and remember our dead, offer toys and items of personal affect... because death is personal, and sometimes memory is all we have left to give. To Safrin we bring pretty baubles and flowers, ask about life and how to live it well... because it's beautiful and full of wonder, even when it hurts."

"And Frey..." She gazed into the flame, again with color seeping into her face, flushing the pale skin quite crimson. "Some offer seeds and fruits of harvest to them, but in the end, there's only one real way to honor them. By... you know. Coming together, with... others." It was awfully hard to get the words out, to explain what she knew but also knew nothing about, and still shied from even in her own thoughts.

"But also by knowing yourself and accepting who you are, by not shying away from what's in your nature. Things are the way they are, and good or bad have nothing to do with it.

"In the end... I think Frey might be the most difficult of them to deal with. Trying to hide anything or put complicated reasons over very simple things is just... pointless."
Bury me in this cold light
I feed the wolf, and shed my skin
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
give me a life time of promises (open) - by Loren - 01-28-2020, 07:16 PM
RE: give me a life time of promises (open) - by Maea - 02-03-2020, 06:27 PM