A Journey of 1k Miles Begins with a Single Step
Rillian Estel
Priest/Healer

Age: 33 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: - Strg: 8 - Dext: 9 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Lion Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
As the object in the sky drew closer, Rillian's eyes widened and she gasped. It was not a bird or any beast, she realized, but a man, falling seemingly from the top of the Spire or from some location beyond it, perhaps. Regardless of how he'd come to fall, the reality of his landing was a sickening thud that had Rillian on her feet and rushing to his side in heartbeats.

She crouched beside the man and hastily pulled off the bandages wrapped around her palms, revealing scars that had been carved into her hands when she was a little girl. Now they were twisted angry red marks like suns that glowed softly as she began to murmur an incantation in her native tongue.

The magic moved through her veins and burst from her hands, a vibrant light that could blind those who looked at it too long. It touched the man's skin and sealed only minor wounds--here in this world, where magic felt different from the magic Rillian grew up with her whole life, she was hardly an effective enough healer to make a difference. But she tried, and hopefully this would be enough to keep him alive until she could fetch a better healer.

Rillian looked around her, trying to see if anyone else was nearby. If not, she supposed she would have to find a way to carry the man. Though he was a little smaller than she was, Rillian wasn't sure she could carry him all the way back into town. But she would try. She couldn't just let him die.

She saw another man coming towards them. Rillian hesitated when he approached, but she could sense the power that ran through him and realized that he was also a healer. She prayed he would be a more effective one than she was.

His accusation was unexpected, but Rillian did not gasp or protest. She merely met the man's gaze and said, "I saw him falling. From the tower, maybe, or from a Portal. I could not say. I do not have the skill to mend bones, though. Will you be able to heal him?" she asked.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Journey of 1k Miles Begins with a Single Step - by Rillian - 02-11-2020, 04:12 AM