For a bag of guineas or a piece of eight
Clem!
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 24 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Clemente
Hiked shoulders settle slightly as the woman takes a step away, unconscious in reaction but telling nonetheless. He may be much larger than her, but weight and mass have never been reliable indicators of dangerous individuals. Clem isn't going to start assuming now of all times.

Her shock is like a wash of bitter citrus on his tongue, sharp and burning, and he can't help the way his eyes narrow and his arms come up to cross in front of his chest - a defensive motion more than any kind of intimidation tactic. Clemente has been undoubtedly lucky to have escaped the scrutiny of biased, prejudiced souls. Clearly that luck has finally run out. "Came here this way. Where I came from we were all kinda like this, 'cept we could feel and grow. Prolly just the form that fit me best." Despite the measured tone of his voice (recalling Wessex's words, knowing how important it is for the Ascended to be liked just to keep living) there is a sharpness to his gaze that speaks of distrust.

It relaxes only minutely when she moves on from the topic, arms falling away from his chest as he regards her. A favor? Nodding his head in agreement, he fucks her name away for later, though she's very easy to remember considering her unnatural appearance. "Clemente. But call me Clem. From...wherever," he copies stiltedly, thrusting an awkward hand between them, every inch the uncertain teenager trying to imitate a more sophisticated individual.
Your mother started drinking like the whole world died
And You've been waiting for a miracle all your life

Messages In This Thread
RE: For a bag of guineas or a piece of eight - by Clemente - 03-17-2020, 09:16 PM