{o} Where Theres Music and Theres People
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
But what does it take to break you, to awake you?
To make you bow and spit it out?
She said 'used to', apparently willing to accept that his music making was a thing of the past. It was a bittersweet thought, but quite a relief too. No pressure to perform. To revive something that should have died with his instruments.

"A bit of everything... mostly the lute," he replied, before turning away. Because he only owned that lute. It had been an indulgence, the only nice thing he ever gave himself. How many long hours he had labored and scraped by to afford it he couldn't even say, but Korbin still recalled the feeling of holding it for the first time. More precious than any newborn child.

The lute was gone now. Dead, burned, on a glorious pyre. It had burned brightly.

Humming something indistinct at the condolences, it took him a bit to recover, but by the time Hester offered up her name and took his hand, Korbin's face was carefully neutral again. Not a slight against her, but a self preservation attempt.

"Same," he offered back. "Well, as I said. You're welcome to play here whenever you feel like it. Place could use a pick-me-up." It might not work as intended on him, but the other patrons were not as difficult to get.
Doesn't matter if I hate you or embrace you
Nothing makes you turn around

Messages In This Thread
RE: {o} Where Theres Music and Theres People - by Korbin - 06-16-2020, 09:20 AM