{o} Where Theres Music and Theres People
Hester Mac Girr An Adhastair
Bard

Age: 27 | Height: 5’4” | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Hester
Tight hold on that hope
Hester took a sip of her cider while he answered her question, just to have something to do with her hands, so she didn't have to think about what to do with her face. "I only know how to play the fiddle." She offers, after the cup is back down on the bar firmly, after there's been a moment of quiet. Another one grows while she hums, letting her eyes slip away from him so she can feel a little less guilty about asking the next question. "Why'd you stop?"

It was, in her mind, an entirely fair question, though if her judgment wasn't quite so affected, she'd probably be able to hold her tongue a little better. It wouldn't have stopped the wonder, but it would have kept it quiet. Stepping away from her music now felt like an impossibility, felt like severing a piece of herself.

Eyes stayed away from Korbin for a while longer, the rest of the bar suddenly very interesting. It was only when she offered her hand that she looked back, coming face to face with a mask. She offered another cheerful smile regardless, not really knowing what else to do, how else to respond.

"I'll take you up on that. I've been looking for people to play for other than my parents." A laugh bubbles out of her, and she shifts in place, finishing off her cup again. "Are you gonna be hosting folks through Longnight?" Maybe, she can spend the week here, instead of in the family home, get some more practice in, spend some more time with the people, strangers and familiar faces alike.
Sometimes it could seem so cold
Do what you gotta do to cope

Messages In This Thread
RE: {o} Where Theres Music and Theres People - by Hester - 06-17-2020, 05:54 AM