further from my home, the more i wish it
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 35 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
there's an ocean in my body
there's a river in my soul
Zeph, once again, expertly dodged Sam's blatant and awkward attempts at flirtation; honestly given how embarrassed he'd been when the last words had left his mouth, Sam supposed it might not be an entirely bad thing. He nodded as Zeph went to go get a drink, watched him walked off for a moment; his instinct was to stand awkwardly at the edge and not move when he was on his own, but he actually found himself not wanting to do that.

He didn't know if it was the atmosphere of Torchline or something that had changed in himself, but as the beats of the next song began to play, he began to dance again. While it was on his mind that he likely looked stupid, he tried to push past that. Putting to use what little he'd learnt from Zeph he tried to be sure to move fluidly, to move his hips, not just awkwardly stick his limbs out in a stiff movement.

Suddenly, there was a presence behind him, closer than the other dancers: Sam turned, expecting to see Zeph, but instead was greeted with the face of a man about his own age, tall and certainly handsome; he let out a shy laugh as they began to dance together, large hands coming to rest on his waist. The music built up and up into a crescendo of excited melodies and his partner in a climatic moment lifted him up and spun him, something so attention grabbing he would have hated it normally, but in the spell of the party and the dance, it was magical: laughing his first real, genuine laugh of happiness in a long time, Sam gently touched back down on the ground.

One hand still on the strangers shoulder, he looked around as the music faded and the moment left; with the remnants of the grin on his face he spotted Zeph on the edge of the crowd and gave him a small wave with his fingers, embarrassment and a small sense of pride coming over him at once.
if I see a sign in the sky tonight
No one's gonna tell me it's a trick of the light
SAMuEL

Messages In This Thread
RE: further from my home, the more i wish it - by Samuel - 06-22-2020, 10:15 PM