Didn't think it'd be so soon
for Korbin
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Morgan internally sighed when she saw Korbin lean in instead of give up: why was she listening to a grumpy 18 year old not even on her council again? Still, she had asked the question, so she stood ready to listen, arms crossed and face the picture of 'putting up with it'.

He certainly had a strong imagination, but she struggled to call it more than that. What Korbin had was a series of fears but no evidence, no alternatives. Only a call to remain stuck in the mud where they were and never move forward. "A grim vision of the future, but one that could be easily avoided with the correct planning. Tell me, do you govern everything in your life like this? Letting every 'what if' paralyse you? It is good to plan, but we cannot allow Halo to remain still while our new neighbours rise up around us. Your fears are not enough to assuage the need for change and with the right preparations, could be largely avoided." Things that were certainly worth talking about, but just shutting down everything? Hardly.

Morgan couldn't help but laugh at Korbin's assessment of why he was a problem. "No, you're acting like a petulant child in front of grown adults trying to make our situation better." As for her 'hypocrisy'... "The Ascended seem to be a specific threat in of themselves due to their blood drinking and upgrades: if I receive any indication that use of the portals benefits them, I will order a stop while we consider what to do. Slippery slope arguments often don't come to anything, Korbin. Anyway."

Standing up straight, she spoke with all her authority: "I did not come here to defend every inch of my decisions to you. I came here to tell you to leave my council members to do their work and sort out your attitude. Work on that, and you won't need to hear from me again."
There will come a time, you'll see
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3

Messages In This Thread
Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Morgan - 06-23-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Korbin - 06-23-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Morgan - 06-24-2020, 05:15 PM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Korbin - 06-24-2020, 06:24 PM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Morgan - 06-24-2020, 10:59 PM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Korbin - 06-25-2020, 12:18 AM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Morgan - 06-25-2020, 08:41 PM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Korbin - 06-25-2020, 09:36 PM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Morgan - 06-26-2020, 11:01 PM