Didn't think it'd be so soon
for Korbin
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
But what does it take to break you, to awake you?
To make you bow and spit it out?
From the looks of it, Morgan did not take him seriously. Was it because if his age, or because of his actions leading up to this point? Or was his worries really just paranoia brought on by too many losses? Suddenly Korbin wasn't so sure anymore. When had he started to overthink to this extent?

"I didn't use to," he said quietly, quite sure it was a rhetorical question but answering anyway. "But after burning four family members I can't help but wonder where the fault lies. Am I not strong enough to keep them alive? Is it the way we live, this place? Who do I blame, what do I do to make sure it doesn't happen again? Can it even be prevented? I'm so tired of losing the people I love..."  

He shook his head, and glowered at the Warden under jaggedly cut hair when she likened him to a child. He could claim it was only natural given his actual age, but that would mean he had to accept being treated like one. Which was what he tried to avoid - and clearly failing spectacularly.

"I'm under no obligation to accept help from anyone if I don't want to. I was told about Chulane's idea and offered my honest opinion on it because he seemed to want my thoughts on the matter. Are you suggesting I should have lied? Or not responded? I admit I wasn't very polite about my objections, but considering the circumstances of the last interaction I had with him, I wasn't very happy to talk at all."

He resented the implication that he should stay out of the 'grown up affairs'. It was a condescending attitude that set his teeth on edge, doing little to inspire that change in attitude Morgan seemed to require.

"So... I'm to shut up, smile and go with the program? Sounds very much like you're telling me to be a good dog and wag my tail at anything your council does. Is that really the kind of Halo you want?" The curl of his lip spoke volumes about how much Korbin resented that image.
Doesn't matter if I hate you or embrace you
Nothing makes you turn around

Messages In This Thread
Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Morgan - 06-23-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Korbin - 06-23-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Morgan - 06-24-2020, 05:15 PM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Korbin - 06-24-2020, 06:24 PM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Morgan - 06-24-2020, 10:59 PM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Korbin - 06-25-2020, 12:18 AM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Morgan - 06-25-2020, 08:41 PM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Korbin - 06-25-2020, 09:36 PM
RE: Didn't think it'd be so soon - by Morgan - 06-26-2020, 11:01 PM