Things Better Left Unsaid
for Loren
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Morgan

I will not be told where to stand
I will not be told what to say
As Loren entered Morgan's eyes glazed over him to the door, nodding to the guard that had let him in to shut it. She let silence fall between them for a moment, knowing how to let tension build when it had to, then she stood, turning to look out of the window as she formulated the words in her head. "Loren. I am going to be very direct to you, because I feel you deserve that much." Hopefully he wasn't easily offended.

Turning back to face him Morgan walked around her desk and sat on the front, facing her healer. "Your position in my council is tenuous after your conduct over the last few days. You will have a chance to defend yourself, but I wish to speak first." She held up a hand to pre-suppose any objections, hoping he'd let her speak before jumping in.

"When you receive something from a God, especially when there is such an emergency going on as this illness, I expect my council members to tell me things like this. If you had, we could have come to the conclusion it would cure people before we did and alleviated suffering." While her council members did not have to share their entire lives with her, Morgan expected to be kept informed of deity-related developments that might effect all of them. "That you hid this from me for so long worries me. You were well after drinking the water from the springs, yet did not mention it to me then. Do you not trust me, Loren?"

She wasn't really asking, and kept speaking. "Then when I came to confront you about this, I find you seriously discussing with Amalia the possibility of giving away this item to the Old Gods, effectively ensuring that the Ascended would not be cured - or at least, that it would be very unlikely. Halo and it's government does not discriminate against the Ascended; I made the mistake of judging first before understanding and I am trying my best to repair our relationship. This will not help, if it comes out you considered her way." Morgan had so far tried to avoid making it personal, but she couldn't help saying: "Your own brother may have been among those doomed to be without a cure."

That was the end of all her complaints, and her postured shifted to something a little more casual as she looked away for a moment, letting out the harshness of her voice with a sigh. "All of that said, I am not telling you that you are off the council. I can tell you are passionate about your work and you have saved me with your skills. You did finally go to the Voice and give the metal to her, something you did not have to do." Shifting her weight, Morgan looked up to Loren. "So. All of this to say: if you agree to be from this point on transparent with me, to discuss things with at least your other council members and to keep in mind that we wish to aid the Ascended...then I will welcome you back, willingly forgetting this entire incident. If not...then you are not banned from living in Halo, but you are no longer a member of her government."
Not by you
Not by anyone tonight

Messages In This Thread
Things Better Left Unsaid - by Morgan - 10-15-2020, 08:43 PM
RE: Things Better Left Unsaid - by Loren - 10-15-2020, 08:48 PM
RE: Things Better Left Unsaid - by Morgan - 10-16-2020, 06:35 PM
RE: Things Better Left Unsaid - by Loren - 10-16-2020, 06:45 PM
RE: Things Better Left Unsaid - by Morgan - 10-16-2020, 07:01 PM
RE: Things Better Left Unsaid - by Loren - 10-16-2020, 07:06 PM
RE: Things Better Left Unsaid - by Morgan - 10-16-2020, 07:19 PM
RE: Things Better Left Unsaid - by Loren - 10-16-2020, 07:39 PM
RE: Things Better Left Unsaid - by Morgan - 10-20-2020, 06:14 PM