the system only dreams in total darkness
CHUY <3
Ningo Farmer

Age: 31 | Height: 185cm | 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 14 - Int:
AUNI - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Whimzi Offline
Change author:
MP: 35
the moon is on my side - i have no reason to run
The first night had been… rough. His mind, still scarred and traumatised, hadn’t quite subconsciously accepted that she was back, and she wasn’t going away. He was used to the nightmares, the panic attacks that would wake him up, used to having Auni’s gentle bleats wake him before they got too bad. And that happened again too – only this time, he had woken clutching her, tears in his eyes, heart racing as he tried again and again to convince himself that she was back, she wasn’t going anywhere – at least, not without him.

Routine had indeed helped. A new routine of togetherness, of falling asleep with her near him and awaking the same, of spending their days together no matter what that entailed – largely tending to the farm, delivering foodstuffs and negotiating with residents on how much they could take from the storage unit. It was dull busy-work, something Chulane could do without really applying himself – something that had just occupied his mind enough in her absence.

But with her here again he found himself living again, laughing again, and most of all, loving openly again.

“Mmm,” the sound was an echo of the deep, resonant grumble his moose shift was capable of, as the clutches of sleep released him to the bliss that was waking up to her, so near to him – and stirring certain reactions from his sleepy body. Deepfrost had well and truly come, nights were long and days were short – he wasn’t surprised when he did blink away the sleep from his eyes to see that outside was still dark, though he had little idea of what time it actually was.

Then he was awake, and he stretched, idle leopard spots appearing across his skin as a certain feline aspect overtook him for a few moments. “Mornin’,” he mumbled around a yawn, not really caring whether it was actually time to get up or not – he wasn’t going to sleep any more tonight, not when he had her beside him. He ran a hand down the length of her back and up again, knowing she might not feel it but needing to do It anyway. As the hand came back up, he let it continue up and over her shoulder and nape, to moving her hair from her cheek, where he would hope to tilt her into a kiss.

“I’ve missed this,” he commented softly, a smirk on his lips, as he draped his arms around her in an embrace again, happily twining his legs with hers while he was at it beneath the sheets.
so will someone come and carry me home tonight?
CHULANE

Messages In This Thread
RE: the system only dreams in total darkness - by Chulane - 01-02-2021, 06:43 AM