[SE] I blinked, and the world was gone
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
empires fall when we move the unmovable, so tell me all of my secrets, tell me all of my lies,
For the most part, Wessex has the utmost faith in her companion and the dragon’s ability to make good decisions. Their bond is strong, built on a foundation of trust and love, tender dedication and caretaking. Loki is more than her shadow. The dragon is part of the demigod’s soul, the playful, curious, and carefree side. The part that soars on starlit nights and is not beholden to responsibility or politics.

If Loki isn’t worried by the man, then neither is Wessex. The queen doesn’t miss how he snaps to watch her land, taught as a bow string.

Nor the way he does not exhale, even when he speaks.
(Deepfrost is both friend and foe to Ascended, she thinks, an enabler and traitor depending on the world around them)

It’s not that the Wraith didn’t believe her companion when she said the stranger was safe, it’s that… well, Loki is still young. Grown, but young. She may have traveled with Wessex from the tops of the Fangs to the jungles of Apopo, but she has yet to truly engage with danger. She assumes that everyone who doesn’t have a human-smell is a friend, because all of them have been friends until now. She is almost too much like Wessex - overly confident in her abilities.

But that doesn’t negate the dragon’s friendliness - not in this moment. She extends her snout to butt up against the man’s fingers - no smell, remember? - and then trills softly when his fingers find her jaw. Much like a cat, her eyes begin to half-close in contentedness and expectation. This is always what happens, for Loki. And while her companion is being scritched, a corner of Wessex’s mouth quirks up in amusement. She shakes her head slowly and steps forward, mildly amused. “Careful, she’ll wrap you around her finger if you’re not diligent.”

Another step, and a curious, yet calculated tip of her head to the side. “You’re Ascended, aren’t you? New to Caido?”
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
[SE] I blinked, and the world was gone - by Aamu - 01-10-2021, 07:34 PM
RE: [SE] I blinked, and the world was gone - by Wessex - 01-18-2021, 12:44 AM