[SE] I blinked, and the world was gone
Weaponsmith

Age: 362 | Height: Kinda short | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
Aamu

Well. She can laugh all she wants—she's the one spending every second with a dragon sharing her soul, after all. He's sure that removes some of the novelty and wonder of it. But to him, who only knows (how well is debatable) the wild and vicious dragons of the Cordillera, actually having a dragon indulge in his childish scritching and coming closer for more is .. magical. Amazing. "Don't listen to her," he stage-whispers to Loki, carefully bringing up his other hand to stroke her muscular body, looking for other spots where she enjoys a good rub and scratch.

I don't think you understand he wants to say, to interrupt, if interrupting was in the nature of Aamus. He knows this is Caido: technically, he arrived through the portal from Halo.

She goes on, and every thought of cutting her off leaves his mind, along with most other thoughts too.

He is too still, too quiet, withdrawn, only his hands mechanically moving to stroke the dragon's alien scales.

From another world

Such a casual question. It tangles up with the barrier in his mind, just the same way in which Mabel asked about it: he's supposed to know what it is, to understand, but he doesn't, how could he? From another world

What are they like? What's on them? Are there more Ascended, did some of them find a way across the stars? How—why—when? It makes him feel impossibly small. Insignificant. Less than the snow around his feet. He misses his heartbeat, that surefire way of knowing he's still alive.

"So what you're saying is," he begins, after many minutes of stunned, frantic silence, "there's other.. worlds.. out there? With portals, like the travel-gates, to Caido? And-" He doesn't know what he wants to say. He doesn't know what he wants to be told. Just wants to close his eyes and go back three hundred years in time. Finally he shakes his head, defeated, and looks down at Loki again. "Nevermind."
You are the night-time fear
You are the morning when it's clear

Messages In This Thread
[SE] I blinked, and the world was gone - by Aamu - 01-10-2021, 07:34 PM
RE: [SE] I blinked, and the world was gone - by Aamu - 01-20-2021, 11:29 AM