[SE] I blinked, and the world was gone
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
empires fall when we move the unmovable, so tell me all of my secrets, tell me all of my lies,
What a terribly good question.

Wessex is caught up on his mention of The Order, the energy around her sharpening, as if the hum of a brandished a blade were singing through the air.

The Ancient Enemy.

Well, one of them and hardly ancient, but for dramatics’ sake, let’s go with it. She so rarely gets to be dramatic. “Then it appears you’ve arrived just in time. The Order just… came out of hiding. To threaten us again.” Well, sort of. Their very existence is a threat, but it’s an easy summary of all the moving pieces. They’re playing games and the Wraith has no idea who’s winning; it’s hard to see the game as a whole when you’re a pawn Queen a piece in the thick of it.

“But the Cataclysm…” now, here she must remember her history lessons. And in the Grounds, they weren’t terribly thorough. “It almost broke Caido apart, or so they say. After that, or maybe that’s what happened when the Voice was imprisoned? I'm not sure of the sequence of events, the barrier around the Grounds went up. The portals were shut down. I’m afraid -” she inhales needlessly, raising her gaze to the horizon, taking in what she considers a paradise, compared to the Grounds.

“ - that the Grounds got the shit end of the stick. We were cut off from the world. Trapped. The history I know was written by the victors, except for what our Lady has told me.”

And even that feels like breadcrumbs.

“How much do you remember?” the Queen asks him with a quiet intensity, blue eyes flashing with curiosity and… something else. Not quite dark. Nor threatening. Maybe the other way - maybe need.
Translation: How much information can you give me?
WESSEX

Messages In This Thread
[SE] I blinked, and the world was gone - by Aamu - 01-10-2021, 07:34 PM
RE: [SE] I blinked, and the world was gone - by Wessex - 01-26-2021, 12:48 AM