raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Honey, these arms that once held you are ready to fight
Hotaru curses softly under her breath at that particular revelation. Even more of an inconvenience, not that it will dissuade her from the hunt. If the man hopes to set up shop so to speak, he will have to commune with the people of Torchline, and Hotaru intends to be there to hear it; whether from his mouth or others.

So distracted by her own dedication to the plans forming in her mind, his denial doesn't register at first. When it does, her heterochromic eyes narrow, spine straightening as their gazes lock and clash. "You cannot just say no," she retorts, and though her voice does not hold the same gravitas, there is a hiss of warning that slides underneath each syllable, a warning of weak ice beneath his feet. "Feelings aside, I am the best shot of infiltration we have. If we want to get the upper hand on him, we need to make sure my affiliation with you is completely unknown. It's for your own safety." Each word is sharp and succinctly spoken, refusing to rise any higher into begging or pleading territory, because she does not intend to back down from this particular plan. "I'm not Lusea. You won't lose me." Even if promises like that are destined to be broken in worlds like theirs. Even if she's tempting fate itself by daring to speak it aloud. It's a dirty tactic, but one she employs because she wants to see him safe. She squeezes his hand tightly, trying to convey this.

"Clearly he intends to keep meddling in your life. We have to use that, he'll have to slip up sometime. Especially if we can prevent you from going most places alone." Hopefully this will only embolden her argument. If Shaju aims to snoop around, she can't be seen anywhere near Sunjata. It has only been a few days since her arrival, all spent inside the house in the oppressive darkness of LongNight. But when the sun returns, she will have to leave.
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: raised on the edge of the devil's backbone - by Hotaru - 02-20-2021, 07:10 AM