raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
Honey, these arms that once held you are ready to fight
His forbiddance rankles, and she must grit her teeth against the instinct inside her that rallies immediately at the prospect of anyone trying to command her into something she does not want to do. Reminding herself that Sunjata is stripped bare and emotional as it is, Hotaru bites her tongue for a moment to at least hear him out, reluctant to turn this into a fight so soon after he has forced himself to recall such trials. Not that she remains silent for long; "When are you going to realize that I care about your safety, regardless of whether you do? You can't ask me to sit by and do nothing when I have the opportunity to be proactive about keeping you safe!" She mimics him as he stands in a gust of motion, hands aching where they clench at her sides, emotions always so deeply tied to the lightning in her heart - as if she is more element than woman sometimes.

"He's a sick bastard, I know that. Which is why I want to end him all the sooner, because I know how he has hurt you. I can't give him another chance to do it again." Won't, even if it means finding clever or underhanded ways around Sunjata's keen eye should he try and forcefully keep her away from hunting her prey. Deimos' words from the first morning she'd been in Caido resonate in her head and spill freely from her lips. "The longer a soul resides here, the more powerful they become. And if he already knows of me as you fear, then I would rather face him while that disparity lends me the advantage." Hotaru is no wilting violet, and while she knows the reasoning behind his desire to keep her locked away and knows that he is not unaware of her power, his demand rankles at the warrior within her.

Striding to join him at the balcony, she searches for his gaze, heart pulsing angrily in her breast no matter how she tries to calm it down and force it into rationality. "I love you, Sunjata. How can you ask that I stand by, useless and biding my time, all while he hurts you more than he already has?" Thin fingers grip the railing until the knuckles bleed away to ivory. "You're not only telling me to remain out of the fray entirely, but to stay locked in here while you continue to rule an entire gods-damned territory? Like it or not, your life is not worth less than mine, and you continuing to put yourself in danger while asking me to stay out of his path is a boggling level of unfair." Not that either of them has a habit of fairness in situations like these, admittedly.
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: raised on the edge of the devil's backbone - by Hotaru - 02-21-2021, 07:15 AM