(SE) a whisper in our ear, or a bottle for our fears
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you're trying not to tell him you love him, and you're trying to choke down the feeling
They crack and break together. They always do, don't they? Every time this happens, they fall apart. Nate tries to hold himself together. He slips his finger out of the ring, cutting himself off, the sudden silence jarring and horrible. I don't want you to talk about it. Realization comes out of nowhere, a flash of lightning in his chest. I don't want you to say anything about it at all.

Being senseless has its benefits, and one of them is the lack of cold seeping into him. Nate isn't sure if he'd be able to take it, the hollow pulse from within and the numbing drive of rain from without. Sunjata's shirt is pulled away from his face, Nate's eyes the last thing to be revealed. He doesn't look up at his husband. He does push himself up, not caring about the mud smearing under him.

As if sensing she's needed, Pemota makes her way outside, escaping through some unfortunately open window. The starwhal passes over Sunjata, settling around Nate's shoulders. Her glow shimmers through soaked hair, Nate's gaze slipping off his husband, and into the distance. We... We're broken, like this. I don't know what to do. He doesn't know if there's anything they can do. I think... I think I might need, there's a horrible, painful silence, Nate on the precipice of a cliff, figuratively, no matter what he might want, I might need space.
& you're trembling and he reaches over
and touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist
NATE

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) a whisper in our ear, or a bottle for our fears - by Nate - 03-25-2021, 04:30 AM