(SE) a whisper in our ear, or a bottle for our fears
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you're trying not to tell him you love him, and you're trying to choke down the feeling
They’re far beyond anything that looks even remotely like okay, but they’ve found a plateau for the moment. A place to rest, to catch their breath. It’s not the end, not better, not by a long shot, but it’s something. Nate helps to pull Sunjata to his feet, and they get back to work, like nothing happened, like they hadn’t just shattered.

He’s back to fitting together bords, and wishing that everything could be put together so easily. A one eyed gaze rises to glance over at the mark Sunjata’s made, then towards the window, before he nods, not letting his gaze move to the attuned. ”I think that should be fine.” Nate hums, hammering a nail into place just to distract himself, just to lose himself in the work. Distraction can only last so long though.

”Can I ask you a question?” He asks, as if Sunjata has a choice, as if the question doesn’t immediately spark in the bond, bright and unavoidable. What does she have that I don’t? Theres no doubt who she is in this case, but Nate shared a fragment of the cold anger on Safrin’s face when he’d gone to see her. She was terrible, and hateful, and nothing he could compete with.

He supposed the real question was how could he complete? Should he even bother? Could he ever win? But there was not a single one among those that he wanted the answer to.
& you're trembling and he reaches over
and touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist
NATE

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) a whisper in our ear, or a bottle for our fears - by Nate - 03-29-2021, 06:34 AM