(SE) a whisper in our ear, or a bottle for our fears
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you're trying not to tell him you love him, and you're trying to choke down the feeling
There is steel in Sunjata's words, a tether that the ascended clings to. That he reaches out to grab. I know sonskyn. I know you will. Another soft sigh leaves Nate, his jaw working. He wishes there was something he could, some magic task he could ask of his husband to wash this all away. But he's not Safrin, he's no true God; he has to deal with his emotions, has to nurse sore feelings until they're something he can bear to look at again. I don't know what to tell you. I just... I want things to be better again.

Honestly, Nate doesn't know if leaving will help that. It feels like it might, but staying wrapped up in Sunjata's arms until they can touch each other without the armour of blankets also feels like it might help.

Laying back, just a little bit, and pulling Sunjata with him, Nate chews at the inside of hsi cheek. He doesn't want to think about leaving, doesn't want to think about anything around it. Do you think... if we asked the Voice, she'd..? There is just a hint of humour in his words, though he knows he's brushing against dangerous territory now, the joke as likely to make things better as it is to send them spiralling into some darkness again.
& you're trembling and he reaches over
and touches you, like a prayer for which no words exist
NATE

Messages In This Thread
RE: (SE) a whisper in our ear, or a bottle for our fears - by Nate - 04-15-2021, 04:13 AM