you give me meaning, something I can breathe in
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 8062
No, they will not hide away from their emotions any longer. They will not abstain in vain hopes of feeling dying away at the root, starved and secluded. There is only the crackle of lightning across the sea, the crash of waves against the shore that batter and stretch beyond normal limitations. For all Deimos’ silence he is hearing her, rising in support of her with the mastery of his magic as it twines with her own. She finally understands the difference now between their abilities, their sworn elements. The peace of that realization is a buoy tossed about in the storm of her own expulsion of emotion. Unleashing onto the world the same tempest that has been bottled up inside her, cracking her porcelain vessel from the inside. Released at last, Hotaru is left a void in the aftermath, empty and stunned by it.

As they watch each other, the beach emptied by the howling ferocity of their power, Hotaru folds her hand around the small persistent faith in her heart and prays. Thanking every god both here and gone for bringing them together once more, because surely she wouldn’t have weathered this storm without him. So when he speaks, she listens. Let’s each word lay along the fractured pieces inside like bandages that will keep her glued together a little longer. Believing in him what she cannot accept as true from herself.

Which is why she knows with the purest, most profound clarity, that he is perfect for the idea that slowly unfurls in her mind.

The space between them dwindles as she crosses the beach, skin still humming with electricity that keeps her from reaching out to touch him. Her eyes seem to glow from within, discordant colors full of dark promise. “Maybe we should.” Just like the old days, when they’d had little more than each other to rely upon, to press their backs against when faced with the eternal onslaught of those beyond the gates. Lifting her hand, she reveals the bracelet on her wrist - the same one that adorns the wrists of Sunjata and Nate. “Care for a little revenge?” The storm rumbles overhead, taking on a life of its own after being summoned and strengthened by her power, and the foreshadowing does not escape her at all.
Feel the fear and swallow back the tears
Let weakness disappear, there's nobody but me here
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: you give me meaning, something I can breathe in - by Hotaru - 05-18-2021, 10:16 PM