Calm thee down, you heathen child
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The way that Oia smiled and apologised was the most human thing she'd done so far; Bastien found himself laughing a little, smiling in return. "It is not such a bad thing, to be curious. It is how many artists fuel their creativity." His art was unfortunately more moved by cynicism if anything nowadays, but he admired and missed the rush of genuine curiosity.

"Sometimes, people like to know they are being heard, if nothing else. Just letting someone know 'I see you are suffering'...it can be powerful." As to why that was, Bastien would begin to struggle to say. He'd never suffered with a deep personal loss, something he was intensely glad for when he saw the pain of the people in the Hollowed Grounds now. "We are trying to both alleviate grief and provide comfort. In any way we can. The two are linked, after all."

The way Oia almost complained about other people's reactions...Bastien tilted his head with an amused smile, unsure how to explain what seemed obvious to him. "Most people do not want to answer endless questions when they are upset or hurt. If you see someone solemn, upset, or think someone suffering might overhear, refrain. Maybe if you have questions about people's emotional states..." Bastien paused for a moment, wondering if he really wanted to commit to what he was about to - deciding it was a part of what he'd been aiming to do with his guild, he continued. "You could save them and come ask me later. I'd do my best to answer."
You can't change the system from within
The system changes you and makes you panic!
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
Calm thee down, you heathen child - by Bastien - 01-14-2020, 07:07 PM
RE: Calm thee down, you heathen child - by Bastien - 01-14-2020, 10:13 PM