Mini Event Magic 101
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Though many Outlanders had no problem accepting or using the magic that they had arrived on Caido with, many Naturals in the Hollowed Grounds continued to hold Abandoned in fear or disdain, hiding their powers or shunning their family and friends who developed them. It had seemed to be easing somewhat, at least in town and from what Jigano had seen, but the experiences of Quanil and Freina had rekindled his concerns on the matter.

The previous space used for the Flora and Fauna lecture had been shrunk after the smaller attendance and the shift of the upstairs bookshelves from the new dormitories to the space where once the hole in the wall had spilled rubble into the building. Now it was a cozier collection of tables and chairs, some large enough to share, others mere desks for one person to sit and take notes at.

Jigano waited for Loreseekers, Outlanders, Naturals, and others to make their way in, resting with a hip against a table at the front of the little gathering, nodding and smiling to those who came. When it seemed like most of those who would arrive were in place he stood and cleared his throat, falling into the role of teacher and public speaker with a comfortable ease.

”Thank you for coming today, to my second seasonal presentation as part of both the Loreseekers' Guild and as Outlander Advisor. For many Naturals this may be information you already know, but I thank you for showing interest and support. Today’s topic is one that has a complex and difficult history within the Hollowed Grounds: I speak of magic, of its different types and levels.” He paused to sweep a blue-eyed glance across those gathered, his mien somber. ”I know that for some it is a subject of resentment or disgust. For others it is simply who they are and how they were born – or brought here having. I do not wish this to become a theological debate, but to present the information that we’ve uncovered in the records here. Perhaps it might bring some comfort to some, or make what is mysterious and fearful easier to understand. Perhaps it will simply entrench the opinions you already hold. Whatever the result, please be mindful of others in attendance when you phrase your questions.”

He was rarely shy in sharing his own opinions, after all, but the lessons of what to expect from Caido – largely geared towards Outlanders who were unfamiliar as of yet with the workings of this new world – weren’t always the best place for them.

”Once everyone is ready, I’ll begin with the elemental magics,” he said after a moment to let any who wished to leave do so. ”We can do questions between each section, as we did in the previous presentation.”

This ME is for presenting information on the magic of Caido, which Jigano learned of by using his Broken Spectacles in Until Further Notice

Messages In This Thread
Magic 101 - by Jigano - 04-20-2020, 04:16 AM
RE: Magic 101 - by Freina - 04-20-2020, 06:02 AM
RE: Magic 101 - by Chulane - 04-23-2020, 05:55 AM
RE: Magic 101 - by Jigano - 04-28-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: Magic 101 - by Freina - 05-01-2020, 08:55 PM
RE: Magic 101 - by Chulane - 05-02-2020, 02:33 AM
RE: Magic 101 - by Jigano - 05-03-2020, 02:46 AM
RE: Magic 101 - by Freina - 05-05-2020, 08:50 PM
RE: Magic 101 - by Chulane - 05-06-2020, 12:08 AM
RE: Magic 101 - by Jigano - 05-06-2020, 09:23 PM
RE: Magic 101 - by Chulane - 05-10-2020, 04:55 AM