my skin should crack and peel
for Nate and Sunjata and Ru if she wants
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
It’s easier to curl into Wessex’s unfaltering embrace than it is to face the world outside. Time has no meaning when, in the dark of her closed eyes, Kiada’s death plays on repeat. Hotaru knows she is safe in the Wraith’s arms, and though somewhere in the back of her mind she may regret the burden she has become on the woman, there is an ache of appreciation and connection. She can’t bear to be alone right now.

Loki’s soft trolls are the first to bring her from her nearly catatonic state. Just enough for heterochromic eyes to slit open, for her heart to ache and call out for Atlas, before she turns into Wessex to hide from the world once more. Only when she’s being - gently, so gently for a woman who holds such power and force - laid upon a soft surface does she stir. Home. She must be home, if Wessex is calling for Nate and Sunjata. Tears burn behind her eyes anew, taking over the numbness that had encased her. A burned hand rises to clutch at Wessex, eyes half-lidded but clearly begging for the Wraith to remain at her side. I can’t lose anyone else.

Then there is Sunjata, his touch gentle on her hair, and she turns to find his eyes. Needing to know she hasn’t lost either of them in the time she was gone. Nate follows immediately after, and though her body screams at her - she had never healed after that last shockwave of magma and fire - the Valkyrie turns towards both men and reaches for them both with her free hand. Still refusing to let go of Wessex. ”Jata. Nate.” The first words she’s said since Kiada’s name had torn her heart out through her throat. It’s fitting, that theirs are the names that follow in that wake. She doesn’t know where Atlas is, likely anywhere wandering around the beach, but she knows Nate’s gentle hands are just as capable of healing her. She’s home and safe, Wessex has carried her here to this place of warmth and healing, and for now that has to be enough.
Feel the fear and swallow back the tears
Let weakness disappear, there's nobody but me here
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
my skin should crack and peel - by Wessex - 08-17-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: my skin should crack and peel - by Sunjata - 08-18-2020, 01:32 AM
RE: my skin should crack and peel - by Nate - 08-18-2020, 07:36 AM
RE: my skin should crack and peel - by Hotaru - 08-18-2020, 08:12 PM
RE: my skin should crack and peel - by Wessex - 08-19-2020, 02:50 AM
RE: my skin should crack and peel - by Sunjata - 08-19-2020, 05:01 PM
RE: my skin should crack and peel - by Nate - 08-20-2020, 07:40 AM
RE: my skin should crack and peel - by Hotaru - 09-03-2020, 12:06 AM
RE: my skin should crack and peel - by Wessex - 09-05-2020, 01:18 AM
RE: my skin should crack and peel - by Sunjata - 09-06-2020, 04:11 AM