Cracks Among The Homes of Stone and Wood
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
Preferring not to fight about the kid’s intentions (it wasn’t important, wouldn’t get either of them anywhere other than pointing out it’s not quite a normal thing to do), Wessex nods and refrains from saying anything else. She can feel him pull his magic back and is tempted to - no, that’s pushing things.

Turning back to the issue at hand, the Queen once again attempts to dispel misplaced guilt. “Don’t feel bad,” she says with a shake of her head. “We can heal ourselves the same way people can. And the Voice has a generous track record for our more major injuries. Your concern is very kind, Belril, and I’m really touched that you’re so worried about the Ascended. That, means more to me than you know.”

As for whether or not being unable to be healed is a flaw or not, she has to think about it for a moment. “Well. It could be. I can only speak for the Voice in some matter, and this isn’t one of them. See, when we Ascend, we lose the parts that make us mortal - blood, heart, lungs, stuff like that - and it gets replaced. And I don’t know much about healing, but if you’re working with skin and flesh, well, yes, we have that, but the rest of us isn’t the same. It makes sense, but I don’t know if it’s a flaw. Maybe we just need our own Ascended Healer.” Pushing herself up to standing, the Wraith shrugs with a light smile.

“She says we’re an evolving species. New things become possible all the time. You could always try and ask her.” But there was something he was on his way to to do, wasn’t there? She looks towards the market place and then back at the kid. “Shall we keep going? I reckon you can get a few more questions in before we hit the marketplace.” It’s an open offer, said with a little chuckle and a glint of something warm in her eyes. This kid is somethin’ else, but she can see the potential in him.

{Fin}
No, I’ll be the stone
I’ll be the hunter, a tower that casts the shade
I lie awake and watch it all

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cracks Among The Homes of Stone and Wood - by Wessex - 12-19-2020, 04:07 PM