[SEASONAL EVENT] A Palmer for Long Night
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Emmett

Plow the land with the horn of a lamb.
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Then sow some seeds from north of the dam.
Then she'll be a true love of mine

Phoebe sat up, and so Emmett did too, getting off the bed and going to gather some clothes. While he was up he found Phoebe's and tossed them to her as well. Despite what they had just done he turned around to change to give her some privacy, just old habits. With a stretch, he yawned and looked back to her.

"I'll just go say hi. It'll prolly be dinner soon, anyhow." He turned and opened the door. As soon as he did his two youngest siblings spilled in, Christopher and Milly. They were both crying their eyes out, clearly upset; but he struggled to get any kind of clear answer from them about what was going on. Emmett sighed and looked back to the bed. "Okay. Stay here with nice Miss. Phoebe, and I'll go see the monsters, shall I?"

He assumed it was just children playing up a shadow, nothing serious. It never had been on Longnight, after all. He kept assuming that right up until he saw a splatter of blood over the wall on the top of the stairs. That was when Emmett began to run.

Later on, this memory would just be a collection of snapshots, frozen moments of horror. The sight of the kitchen table, usually where they sat to dinner, flipped and the bowls all over, the blood on the floor, the trail out of the door...his family. Emmett sank to his knees in the snow outside and screamed the loudest he ever had, not giving a single thought to the monsters outside for a moment.

But he couldn't break. Not now, not yet. His mind fitting on a practical plan like a new jacket he forced himself up and to the bedroom where Phoebe was with the children, unawares of the blood on his clothes and face and tears on his cheeks.

"We gotta go. Now."

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SEASONAL EVENT] A Palmer for Long Night - by Emmett - 02-20-2019, 06:08 PM