[SE] it has to be so lonely to be the only one who's holy
Open
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Jude
come on, come dance with me
Her laughter is like a summer breeze, misplaced in these woods and their current springtime era, but welcome all the same. Jude's smile becomes a little more sure, his own tiny, quiet chuckle hiding beneath hers like a shadow. If he had any input on such imaginings, they're lost beneath her sudden excitement - and immediate plunge into territory Jude can tell is painful and unanticipated, spoken without thought. But if Jude is ever capable of overcoming his anxiety, it is for the comfort of others, and he smiles to try and distract her. "My dad says it all the time, but he says a lot of things that aren't normal in Caido. Probably because he's an Outlander. Was your mentor?" A gentle probe, hoping to find a middle-ground topic that wouldn't feel so overwhelmingly filled with grief.

"I'm really sorry, that sounds...really, really hard," he murmurs, and wishes he were more of the hugging type with anyone outside of his family. "Have you um...talked to anyone about it? It can hurt more to just bottle it all up." Jude isn't arrogant enough to presume he is a good option, but he takes a deep, shaking breath and tries to offer a bit of companionship in her hurt to even the scales of vulnerability. "My maman has been gone for three seasons now. We know she's alive but she just...won't come home. It's hard not knowing if she's hurt, or if she just didn't want to be around us anymore. Talking about it is hard, I get it." It's not exactly eloquent, but as he tucks his curls behind his ear and shrugs helplessly, he hopes it helps in some small way.
the earth is spinning, we can't just stand

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] it has to be so lonely to be the only one who's holy - by Jude - 04-21-2023, 10:48 PM