[SE] it has to be so lonely to be the only one who's holy
Open
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
For a few moments, the pain was so intense that Soh could hardly breathe. But now that she'd started crying, she didn't know how to stop. She wanted to stop - needed to stop. It wasn't fair to Jude. He had his own sadness; he didn't need to shoulder her burdens, too. But the floodgates had opened, spilling out all of the pent up grief and misery that she'd kept hidden away for so long. There was no way out but through.

When he tugged her closer, she followed the pull blindly, numbly, instinctively clinging to the tether that seemed to be holding her together. But when he wrapped his arms around her, she stiffened; it was quite possible that the last time she'd been hugged was... well, she couldn't remember. Auden had been affectionate in their way, but they weren't a hugger. But to her surprise, it felt... nice. Comforting. Safe. After a moment's hesitation, she relaxed into Jude's arms, burying her face against his shoulder as sobs wracked her petite frame.

Eventually, her tears began to slow to a trickle, but she stayed there in Jude's arms, breathing shuddery, gasping breaths. It was a strange sensation, to be so close to someone else, and one that she hadn't felt for a very long time. But there was something to be said for basic human contact, and she found herself unwilling to move. She turned her head, resting it on Jude's chest. She could hear his heartbeat, and she clung to the sound as though it were a lifeline.

When her breathing had slowed and her mind had calmed, she realized that she'd probably outstayed her welcome; Jude probably wanted her to move now, and he certainly thought she was mad. It was deeply saddening to think that her first interaction with someone her age had ended so catastrophically; he'd probably never want to see her again. The thought made her tear up against, but she swallowed the lump in her throat and moved to sit up. Unable to meet Jude's eyes, Soh swiped at the remnants of tears on her cheeks. "I-I'm sorry," she stammered, suddenly feeling even more shy and out of her element than she had from eating the blushberry. She grasped for something else to say. "I don't - I don't normally do this. I'm usually happy." As though being sad was somehow such a bad thing.
there's no life without you here

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] it has to be so lonely to be the only one who's holy - by Sohalia - 04-25-2023, 10:32 PM