[SE] it has to be so lonely to be the only one who's holy
Open
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Jude
come on, come dance with me
It feels preposterous to think they are opening these wounds to one another after having known each other for less than a full day, but Jude has never found somebody as easy to talk to as Sohalia. Whether that's his rather friendless, sheltered life or a virtue of her personality doesn't matter much when compared to the comfort he takes in her presence. He's equally surprised to find that talking to her about Maeve is different. While he has never really held back much when talking about his maman with his father, it's somehow more liberating to share everything with Sohalia. A pressure that eases that he hadn't even known was living between his ribs.

It almost feels like he's going to fall apart. Every atom splitting, limbs falling - until she wraps him up in her arms and holds him close, and every cracking bit shudders and stills. Jude leans into her, breath coming shaky and raspy until he can get it back to a manageable pace. The tears on his face itch a little, but he's too reluctant to release his hold on her to wipe them away this time.

"Sorry, didn't mean to make it all 'bout me," he murmurs, tucking his face into the side of her neck. Her voice vibrates against his skin that way, and it's a comforting hum that is so different from his father's low, rumbling tones. "Thank you. I'm not really brave, but I try to be." Talking to people shouldn't require bravery in his mind, but every day he proves to himself that he must be the courageous type to overcome that queasiness each time. A good thing too considering it had led him to Sohalia. "Um...maybe if you just look out for her when you're traveling around? That's why I've been exploring. She has black hair and pale skin, and she's pretty short - and she has a dragon named Aidon."

Finally releasing one hand so he can rub at his face, he laughs weakly. "Sorry, this was kinda a weird meeting huh? But I'm glad we met." In fact today is going down in history as one of his favorite days of the year, hurt and all.
the earth is spinning, we can't just stand

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] it has to be so lonely to be the only one who's holy - by Jude - 04-28-2023, 11:37 PM