Training [SE] Every step you take, I'll be watching you
Zavien Alexander

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 520
Smiles are contagious.
The thought of having his own dragon companion one day has Zavien's eyes sparkling in excitement. "Do you really think I could be so blessed?" His mind barely registers the cons associated with it, instead, idolizing the possibility that such a beautiful creature would choose to bond with him.

Zavien straightens rigidly when Koa mentions joining the Dragoons. "Not really," he responds about trying. It's terrible to say, but he had never thought they would accept him. He had such a high opinion of them that he never felt good enough. So instead, he trained and became stronger on his own. But he doesn't want to admit that to Koa, so he just shrugs his shoulders with an uncomfortable laugh and says, "I just never had the time."

Coming out to King's End, he hadn't expected to meet a legacy Dragoon with connections at the guild. Zavien tries to contain his enthusiasm, failing terribly by the slight fidget in his stance. "Wow! That's incredible! Could you really help me get a contact there? Do you think they would accept me?" More than a small kernel of hope is building in his chest at the prospect.
Zavien
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 30 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2830
A joy hard-learned in winter was the warming of the bed
You'd shake for minutes there and move your legs
"Sure, why not?" Don't worry Zavien, dragons aren't as discerning about who they bond with as you seem to think - I mean, just look at Koa. If a beautiful idiot like our himbo can be chosen, the bar might as well be in hell.

Though, Pip is far from the shiniest card in the dragon deck. So maybe she should not be trusted as an arbiter of dragonkind.

Unable to remember the last time anyone was so excited to be meeting him (never mind that Zavien doesn't seem to realize he's the guildmaster in question), Koa lets the older man's enthusiasm and admiration go right to his head. Look, the kid's had a huge ego boost- he needs this.

Crossing his arms over his chest, Koa affects a serious expression, looking Zavien speculatively up and down. "Hmm... well, how 'bout you practice on me? I know about your snowball skills - a critical part of Dragoon'ing -" the boy adds, eyes bright with mirth "- but what about your dreams? Why do you want to be a Dragoon? What can you bring to the order?"
Koa Carpenter
Wrap the blanket over you and keep your head within
Let your breath heat the air until you'd feel it getting thin
Zavien Alexander

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Smiles are contagious.
Zavien is oblivious to Koa's ego boost, instead being completely infatuated with images of what his own dragon might look like on day. Would it be vicious? Kind? Blue? Black? Strong? Fast? Dream-like pictures pass through his mind in a rose-tinted haze. If they were anything close to Pipsqueak, he would be overjoyed!

At the comment on his 'snowball skills,' he laughs loudly. "I can see why those would be important!" He suddenly becomes nervous to speak about his intentions, running his hand through his hair and stumbling over his words as if he was giving a presentation in front of thousands instead of talking with a new friend. "The Dragoons h-have always b-been a g-g-goal of mine. I - I - I guess i-it's b-be-because I want to help p-people?" It comes out as more of a question, but he wrings his hands to steady them and tries to start again, slowly. After a deep breath, he says, "Before my mom passed, she encouraged me to follow my dreams of being a Dragoon. Even though they were the juvenile infatuations of a child, she supported me. She said that we needed more kind people in the world to protect those who can't protect themselves. My mom believed I could be one of those people. I hope to make her proud by making a difference one day."

Realizing that he'd only answered half the questions, Zavien takes a moment to consider what he can offer the Dragoons. He isn't especially strong or skilled. He doesn't have any special talents or abilities. He's just an average guy from Stormbreak who wants to help people. Smiling shyly, he finally shrugs. "I don't have a lot to offer the Dragoons except unwavering loyalty to Stormbreak and a working moral compass." It's not the best endorsement, but he hopes that Koa agrees on its importance for the guild.

He gives Koa a giant grin, brushing the lingering snow off his clothing with an accompanying shiver. "Do you think that'll be a good enough explanation?"
Zavien
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 30 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2830
A joy hard-learned in winter was the warming of the bed
You'd shake for minutes there and move your legs
Zavien, pray your dragon looks more draconian than the fluffy pool noodle with too many teeth and too few braincells that Koa has found himself saddled with.

Unless you're into that kind of absurdity. In which case, I'm sure Pip has siblings somewhere.

Koa nods encouragingly at Zavien's halting start, biting his cheek to hold in a smile. Maybe it's their mutual dedication to the protection of others, maybe it's the fact that they've both lost their moms, but the younger man feels a sense of kinship with this stranger who represents the home he's fled.

It takes a great deal of willpower to maintain his serious composure, and as Zavien finishes with a brilliant grin Koa cracks in response, his eyes crinkling with smile lines, lips twitching in kind. "Hmm," he begins, playfully serious, head bobbing in thought, "I think it was pretty good, but I'll have to consult with the guild master, and she can be hard to please. Oi, Pip!"

A flurry of wings and snow finds the little dragon landing on Koa's shoulder and casting Zavien a speculative look that doubtless has more to do with his potential as a snack source than as a Dragoon. Turning to the beast, Koa begins to whisper some absolute nonsense that looks like a debate. A few seconds later he nods to Pip, turning back to look at Zavien with a shit-eating grin. "Good news- the guildmaster has reviewed your petition, and decided that you're in Welcome to the Dragoons!"

He extends a hand for Zavien, then pulls him in for a hug. And, just in case, Koa clarifies: "It's me. I'm the guildmaster. 'Sup."
Koa Carpenter
Wrap the blanket over you and keep your head within
Let your breath heat the air until you'd feel it getting thin
Zavien Alexander

Change author:
Smiles are contagious.
He holds his breath, waiting for Koa's opinion, far more concerned than he probably ought to be. And when he finally calls the guildmaster Pipsqueak over, Zavien nearly falls flat on his face again. To think that he fell in front of her down a flight of stairs. He is so embarrassed that the tips of his ears begin to burn and he almost wonders how the snow around him hasn't melted completely.

As they convene regarding his fate, Zavien tries not to sink into the ground out of pure mortification. The only solace is that she had accepted the jerky. Perhaps that would lean things in his favor? His mind is racing with the possible ways he may have offended her or her leadership skills when they finally break apart and look to him. With bated breath, he listens intently to the Dragoon's words and can't quite process what he hears. Did Koa say he is a Dragoon? Legitimately?!

By the time his mind is starting to officially accept the reality of the words, Koa pulls him into a hug and drops another bomb on him. KOA is the guildmaster?! Zavien is so stunned that he hangs limp in the man's arms for a moment, his gaze slack in shock. But his body reacts the instant his brain understands, letting out a loud, hearty laugh and squeezing Koa tightly. "Truly?! Am I actually a Dragoon?! I passed?!" Until he says the words, Zavien isn't sure he believes them. Although he isn't sure what's more shocking: the fact that he's now a Dragoon or that Koa is the guildmaster! Not that he doesn't find the man capable or worthy, but how did he not notice?! At this point, Zavien is more embarrassed by his own ignorance than his previous actions, flushing with humiliation and excitement all the same.

Trying to salvage some semblance of decorum, he says, "I will do my best to make you and the Dragoons proud!"
Zavien