Smoke on the Wind [open] [se]
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

It felt odd to be placing a candle without the company of his family around him, but Emmett tried to assure himself he was doing it for them, tried to imagine their hands cupped around his own, ghostly and ethereal, supportive. Lighting the flame and approaching the Wheel, he looked up at it and wondered where he would be at this time next year.

He'd have a baby.

That thought made him whistle air out of his mouth, stress obvious in his wide eyes. There was gonna be a lot to work out. He'd found a moment to himself but couldn't think of anything but his upcoming child and the children he already had to care for. It was a lot for 19.

Gently he placed the candle. Emmett stayed there for a while, watching the flame flicker in the wind of the flowerbirth fields. Perhaps one day he'd be showing this to his child, he thought, keeping them away from the heat and laughing as they completed their first Fiat Lux.

What a weird idea. He sat lost in it, adrift among crowds of people.
Emmett
There's a saying where I come from
Playing 'round with fire gets you burned
Well, I'll wear my third degrees
And my heart upon my sleeve
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
all we are is skin & bone trained to get along
Well, well, well. If it wasn't the boy. Honestly he wasn't much younger than Remi by the looks of it, but being protective of Phoebe made Remi feel older somehow, when it came to her suitors. And so, as the younger man placed his candle on the wheel, Remi decided it was about time that he placed his as well.

"So." Remi said, his normally melodic accent sounding perhaps slightly more clipped than it might have under other circumstances. "Emmett, is it?"
forever going with the flow, but you're friction

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

There were few people Emmett would have been happy to find interrupting him, but the accented man who had imparted a warning directly into his brain earlier was at the very bottom of the list. He flinched and tried to play it off, casually turning to look at him with a fake smile.

"...Yeah. I'm Emmett. You...saw me earlier with Phoebe, huh." It wasn't really a question. "She said you were Remi." He looked back to the dancing flames, purposefully away from the eyes of his new friend.

"I am gonna look after her, you know. Her and the kid." He did not think much of saying this, assuming that Remi would already know if he was as close to Phoebe as she had said; Emmett thought the warning must have been a result of him learning of Phoebe's ill-timed pregnancy.
Emmett
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Remi said nothing, merely watched the way the boy stared into the candle, thinking he looked young, and acted younger. But then Emmett said something which would forever remove him from the realm of adolescence, something that made Remi's expression grow concerned and shocked.

Just as Emmett though, if Phoebe were pregnant, he certainly thought he would have heard about it. Not truly one to play at being intimidating, as physically fit as he was, Remi was simply too gentle for the act to go on for long, he reached out to touch Emmett's shoulder, to softly encourage the boy man to turn, if he would.

"The kid?" He asked bewildered, sea-glass stare wide and concerned.

Coding base by Sky!
Emmett Palmer

Change author:

The hand on his shoulder and the way Remi repeated him immediately made Emmett realise he'd made a mistake. Phoebe probably didn't want people knowing, and he'd blabbed it to the first person he'd seen. Alarmed he turned to look at Remi. "Hey, if you don't know, don' tell Bee you know." Was the first thing out of his mouth, quick and panicked.

"But...but yeah, she's...she's pregnant. I dunno...well, I do know how it happened, but I wasn' plannin' on it. Neither of us were. But...but she is now, and I'm gonna look after her and the baby no matter what. I ain' a bad guy, you know." He insisted, a hurt glare directed in Remi's direction. Couldn't anyone cut him some slack after the death of his entire family only barely a month ago?
Emmett
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The alchemist raised a brow. Not that Remi was one to judge, but given that his main concern was for Phoebe, his impression of the farmer was dropping with increasing speed the more the boy talked. This wasn't his information to share, and all he had to say for himself was don't tell? As if they were boys in a school yard hearing a piece of gossip, and not two men talking about the pregnancy of someone apparently quite close to both of them?

"You were not planning on it." Remi repeated with a voice far more flat than it usually was, idly crossing his arms. The alchemist might have been gay, but there was a time when he'd been with women more than a time or two simply to keep up appearances. For all his boyishness and ignorance even Remi knew how to avoid pregnancy, though as much as he might have wanted to, it wasn't as though Emmett was alone in the negligence.

"I never said you were." Remi said softly. He didn't know about Emmett's family but even if he had, it wouldn't have softened much. If anything it made the timing of all of this even worse, not more understandable. Running a hand through his curls Remi sighed. "Though given that only a few days ago she had all but said you broke her heart and were ignoring her, I do think you a bit of an idiot." He added with a small hint of a smile on his lips.

Coding base by Sky!
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:

”I think we are all guilty of being idiots from time to time.” Vervain’s voice was soft and quiet as she approached the Wheel, her candle in hand, Felix snug against her shoulder in her free arm. Placing the candle with the others and watching it burn and flicker brightly, she turned back to the two men and smiled. ”What matters is how we learn from it, no?” Stepping forward, she leaned in to press a motherly kiss to Remi’s cheek, giving his shoulder a gentle squeeze before glancing to Emmett. She remembered him from the woodland, collecting firewood with the little ones.

Normally she would have asked after them, but it seemed there were more pressing matters dominating the conversation. ”Would you like to hold him?” she asked Emmett, motioning to the newborn currently watching the world around him from her arms. She didn’t say outright that she’d overheard them, given Emmett’s nerves, but it wouldn’t be hard to put two and two together.

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
and i'll let the earth breathe
Emmett Palmer

Change author:

"No. I wasn't." Emmett replied, looking Remi up and down. He knew how the birds and the bees worked, of course, but he'd been under Frey's influence and Phoebe had not said anything of it either...he knew neither of those were truly good excuses and so didn't say them, just tried to keep his gaze towards Remi even and steady.

Then he was called an idiot, a word which dug right to the heart of his insecurities. Emmett took a sharp breath to object, when suddenly Vervain's voice cut through them. Immediately he was distracted by the sight of the baby in her arms, a blunt reminder of his own future as well as a surprise in of itself. "Oh, hey Vervain...and...?" He asked, looking at the child, which he gladly took in his arms; the amount of siblings he'd had meant he was very used to taking care of babies and held him correctly, smiling until he had to look back up to Remi (whom Vervain kissed. Was this man popular with everyone except for him?)

"...I'm not an idiot. Maybe I don' have fancy schoolin' or..whatever you got. But I care, and I'm gonna make it right." He said in a low voice to the Alchemist.
Emmett
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
As Vai appeared Remi softened considerably, offering the witch a warm and almost grateful smile. Leaning easily into her embrace and feeling his cheeks plump as her lips pressed against him, he grinned down at Felix, opening his eyes comically-wide at the new born and smiling from ear to ear.

Seeing Emmett so easily take Felix from Vai's arms started to settle the alchemist's worried mind, but as soon as the boy opened his lips again, Remi's smile vanished and he fixed the farmer with a stern gaze. "Anyone who gets a woman unintentionally pregnant is an idiot." He replied with that same flat tone. "It is good that you plan on staying with her, but that does not mean you are any less foolish for getting yourselves into this situation. " Remi added, glancing towards Vai with an unhappy stare before looking back to Emmett.

Coding base by Sky!
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

”Felix,” Vai introduced her son, smiling softly as Emmett took him so easily. She fussed over the baby for a second before leaving him in the farmer’s apparently capable hands, giving her arms a rest and letting her speak properly with the two of them. It was the first time she had seen the alchemist so stern with anyone, and so quick to judge too, Vai arching an eyebrow and nudging him gently. ”Remi, a baby isn’t always a bad thing,” she told him, almost feeling like she had to remind him. ”Look at Aoife. It might not be planned but it doesn’t sound unwanted. What is the problem?”

Age, she guessed, which was something that brought a smirk to her lips. ”I was sixteen when I caught pregnant with Ashetta,” she murmured, shrugging her shoulders. ”Give the boy a chance to surprise you before you punish him, yeah?”

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Emmett Palmer

Change author:

It was a good thing he was holding a baby and Vervain interjected, because Remi was really building his way up to getting a flurry of words Emmett might later regret. "Exactly. There ain' no problem." Truthfully there really was, the panic in his gut sign enough of it. That and the fact that now two people knew of the situation within moments. If he'd had any kind of control over his life before, he was truly losing it now.

He rocked Felix a lil, smiled at the baby and then lifted him back up to Vervain, not wanting to take him for too long. "He's lovely. Y'should be proud...like I'm gonna be. Of whoever my...my kid ends up bein'." these words were clearly meant for Remi but were spoken to Vervain, Emmett's eyes between her and Felix.
Emmett
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
As Remi was nudged, he yielded the way any animal might when softly reprimanded. Still though, he raised a playfully disobedient brow towards the witch and tilted his head. "I never said that they were. But you can still be an idiot even if you accept the outcome and the consequences." He said gently, though still standing his ground. Accidental teenage-pregnancy was a far cry from two people who had decided to be together accidentally getting pregnant.

"Well, then I would say you were a bit of an idiot at 16 as well." He said nudging the huntress back with a loving smile on his face. But the kind affability in his expression dwindled as Emmett spoke, and the alchemist shook his head. No problem? The boy apparently couldn't even keep his mouth shut, but bringing an unexpected child into the world was no problem?

Coding base by Sky!
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

"And as I said when I arrived - we are all guilty of being idiots at one time or another." Vai was beaming down at her son even as she spoke, accepting him back from Emmett and snuggling him close. "Thank you," she murmured to him, kissing the baby's soft, dark hair. "I am very proud - and I'm sure you will be, too. Do right by your babe, and the woman who carries it. Nothing else to it," she reassured him, before glancing back to Remi.

Snorting at the alchemist as she was nudged, Vai watched the wheel of flickering fire for a moment before absently rocking Felix in her arms, turning away from the two men. "Well, there is some magna vermis with my name on it out there. You two play nice, okay?" Winking at Remi and offering a warm smile to Emmett, the witch meandered on her way.

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Emmett Palmer

Change author:

As Remi continued to band the word 'idiot' about, Emmett fixed him with a steady glare. He didn't want to say anything else, didn't want to get pulled into an argument when there was so much else going on in his life. Still though, his hands curled into fists on the grass and he had to make himself focus on the flame to stop from yelling at the Alchemist.

"I will." He promised Vervain, meaning it. Maybe he wouldn't be perfect, but he would do his best. With that said he looked to Remi as she left. "Unless y'got anythin' else to insult me with, I'm gonna go."
Emmett