Personal Quest First Seek to Understand
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
In the days following the god-given epiphany about life and its basic structures, Phoebe found herself utterly fascinated and horrified by how terribly little she knew. As a midwife, bringing and rearing life was part of her duty; where she was from, she had a greater knowledge about the human body than most. Only people like Isla knew more than her, and that was mostly because she wasn’t as specialized. But now it was clear that it wasn’t enough. How much more was there to learn? How much more was there to know? And if they knew more, certainly more lives could be saved.

She had to do something. She had to make herself proud, like Frey had told her – and sitting around on this knowledge wouldn’t accomplish any of that.

So Phoebe had scouted out a building adjacent to the Infirmary. It was mostly intact, due to being so close the temple, but needed some work. It was dirty and the roof needed repair. Furniture needed to be brought in, building classroom and lab space , a lecture hall, and hopefully a small library that could be filled with whatever texts they could get their hands on regarding medical work – she had already begun the process of rewriting her knowledge in order to donate to it. Then she would need to find teachers and students, recognizing that at first it would mostly be peers doing research to better understand the human body that would eventually grow into the facility training healers and doctors and midwives so they could all benefit.

With anxiousness, Phoebe waited in the main hall, hoping people would arrive.

This PQ is to establish the Hallowed Grounds Medical College! There are FIVE spots; but the PQ will commence in 48 hours so long as there are three participants.

1. Emmett
2. Nate
3. Remi
4. Killian
In These Past Few Days When I See Myself
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The days had once again been rough.

The death of his unborn child felt oddly separate from the deaths of his family, the grief an all-together different kind of sensation. It was grief he wasn't even sure if he was meant to be feeling, grief that he had to put aside to help Phoebe through it, for it was just as much her pain as his; it was a sensation utterly different than the torment of the last weeks and for that reason he practically latched onto it, revelled in it.

But his own nights crying and punching the newly-painted walls of the nursery were kept private to himself for Phoebe's benefit. When he saw the notice on the board Emmett immediately knew he had to help her, had to be a part of the new chapter of her life she was trying to build. It was something he was glad to see after all and something he wanted to encourage. Phoebe was skilled, and he wanted her to use her abilities here, feel useful. Feel wanted.

So he turned up at the building. Compared to the barn he had rebuilt, it was actually not so bad. In fact, it was hardly a job at all in his eyes. Walking up to Phoebe, he put an arm around her waist and kissed her in greeting, a soft smile on his lips. "Proud of ya." He whispered. "I'll help with whatever y'need."
Emmett
The sun went down beyond yon hill, across the dreary moor
Weary and lame a boy there came up to the farmer's door
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
NATE
Who could ask to be unbroken
or be brave again?
Or honey hope even on this side
of the grave again?
Nate had grown restless. There was only so much time he could spend in a bar before he started feeling like his father, and that had always left a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach. If Adam had been around, he was sure he’d have been able to work off some of energy, but as luck, or whatever the opposite of luck, would have it, Adam had been missing for days now.

By chance, he happened to leave the Rathskeller through the temple door, and caught sight of the noticeboard, and more specifically the notice regarding a medical college. His knowledge was old, but he had been focused during that part of his life, and mostly remembered modern knowledge had to be at least as good as whatever knowledge there already was here, right?

He had already been close, so finding the little building that was going to host he college wasn’t an issue. There hadn’t been a time mentioned on the notice, so all Nate could do was knock, more to announce himself, and enter the building, accidentally intruding on what looked like a tender moment.

”Oh, shit, sorry. I thought uh... this is that doctors thing right? I wanna help.”
And who could ask it to be sound
or to feel saved again?
But stick around until you hear
that music play again
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
i'd bring you further roses
Remi wasn't there simply because of his affections for the midwife, but because he thought he could genuinely help. That and Isla, even in her current state, could be useful given what Phoebe was trying to do. The unicorn might not have hands anymore, but her mind was still as sharp as it had once been.

Mostly.

Entering, Remi spied Phoebe and Emmett together, the picture bringing a soft smile to his lips. He didn't think that Phoebe's miscarriage would damage the couple, but he was glad to see that Emmett was being supportive of her in all ventures.

With a polite glance towards Nate, Remi flashed the midwife a sunny smile and nodded towards the door where Isla was lurking. "Are unicorns allowed in?" He asked with a laugh.
but it does you no good

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Killian Soleil
Scout

Age: 27 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Zoa Offline
Change author:
KILLIAN
Killian would of course help Phoebe in whatever way he could, he owed it to her. The first face he'd seen upon being portaled in, and one of the kindest. It wasn't a super long walk from where he was staying either, his temporary shack being a room at the back of the infirmary. That was his next job for sure, finding a real place to live.

When he arrived a few were already there, Emmett and Phoebe sharing a moment together, and two others, one with a unicorn. Kiki's eyes followed the unicorn as he entered, fascinated by it, before he stopped to wait nearby and offer friendly greetings to those around.

whatever and ever, amen
oh well, maybe not, let’s try again
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
The first person to arrive surprised her. Emmett wasn’t what one would call…academic. Certainly not in regards to health or medicine. He was a hard worker, a skilled worker whose knowledge and talent was better utilized to equally needed pursuits. Those pursuit just generally involved ploughs, chickens, and manure. But that he did show up – the first to show up no less – meant the world to her. Phoebe smiled at him warmly, seeming to glow beneath his praise, kissing him back quickly in greeting. ”Thank you for coming. I can definitely use your help.”

Someone else arrived, apparently rather flustered by their closeness. Had they never seen two people kiss hello before? It wasn’t like thinks were particularly hot and heavy. Regardless she smiled and shook her head at them, stepping just a smidge away from Emmett for this new person’s personal comfort (which he received and apologetic smile for). ”Don’t be sorry, it’s fine. Yes this is the doctors thing.” she said warmly. ”I’m Phoebe, it’s nice to meet you.”

Then another familiar face arrived, along with a very welcome guest. ”Oh my goodness, yes of course she is welcome in! Isla, you can go wherever you want.” she said to Remi and unicorn Isla. She wondered briefly if perhaps there was a way Isla could teach…Remi would probably have to help but wouldn’t that just be fantastical – a unicorn professor!  

Then finally Killian arrived to help as well, and she smiled at him warmly. It was a bit of a surprise, since he seemed more inclined to avoid work and responsibility, but she was glad to see him trying something.

”Thank you everyone for coming! I really appreciate it.” Phoebe said brightly, greeting everyone. ”As you saw in the notice I am hoping to turn this place into a medical research college…but first we need to get the building usable. Most of the structure is good but it looks like the roof has been leaking, and everything needs a good clean. Then we need to find some furniture – chairs, tables, bookshelves for all of the rooms.” she said, showing everyone a little blueprint of the building she had drawn, and how each room was intended to be used either as a lecture hall, smaller study rooms, and the small library. ”If we can get most of this done then I can start finding teachers and other medically skilled individuals to really get our work underway.”

First tasks are the leaky roof, cleaning the building, and sourcing furniture/medical equipment!

No post order!

Remi, Emmett, Killian, Nate
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Emmett Palmer

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"'Course." He nuzzled his nose in close to her cheek, then stood back as Nate came in and caught them, looking off sheepishly as he laughed under his breath and rubbed the back of his neck. Emmett was not easily embarrassed, but he was still getting used to having a girlfriend. All things considered, they had only actually been together a couple of months. Just a...very, very long couple of months.

Phoebe laid out what needed to be done and he smiled, proud to see her taking charge. "I can handle the roof." He announced, walking off to evaluate the holes in the old building's beams. Nothing that couldn't be fixed, he worked out shortly enough, and he set about the work. A hammer, some planks of wood...it wouldn't take long.

He did think, as he hammered the patches over, that he wished he could help more with the future of the place, but he knew he couldn't. His place was working with his hands, not helping to write books or further knowledge. And he was fine with that, most of the time, but...

Emmett looked over at Phoebe. Would she grow bored of him as her knowledge, her intelligence grew? As she learnt more and desired intellectual conversation? He knew a lot, but none of it the kind of thing people put in the Atheneum.

Trying to not let it bother him, he turned back to his work and continued to fix the roof.
Emmett
Killian Soleil
Scout

Age: 27 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Zoa Offline
Change author:
KILLIAN
It wasn't long before they were getting started, Killian listened to the task list with his hands on his hips and his eyes scanning the building. It was pretty musty in here, and lots of the rubble could go for sure. He nodded along, having already chosen a job to do. Emmett called out his task, and got to it quickly. "I'll start clearing the..." leaning in to look over the blueprint once more, "This room," he said, pointing to one of the lecture halls closest to this room. Then with a quick and playful salute Kiki was off.

The floors were dusty and covered in stone and wood chunks, the walls luckily didn't need too much to be done. He figured he could make good time clearing this space out and making it look less rough, then start of the room adjacent. A shake of his body to warm up, he got to work, piling up trash that could go and taking what he could out to be discarded.

whatever and ever, amen
oh well, maybe not, let’s try again
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
or be brave again?
of the grave again?
Nate grinned as the couple separated, nodding at both of them. ”I was expecting something... real professional. I’m glad it’s not honestly.” He laughed, and made himself more comfortable in the room. ”I’m Nate. It’s good to meet you.” He kept up his grin as the others arrived, though his eyes bulged a little bit at the sight of a unicorn entering the building. Phoebe seemed to take it in stride though, do Nate did as well, keeping his glances to a minimum.

Coming in close when Phoebe pulled out a blueprint, Nate frowned. He’d been thinking this would be more actual use of his skills, and less cleaning, but he was here now, and he’s so what he had to. Before he chose a room to go and tidy, he leaned in, smiling at Phoebe. ”I don’t know where you’d get the supplies, but had to learn ho to improvise a lot of tools and stuff when I was being taught. I could maybe helps out with that, when you need it.”

With that, he left, choosing a different room than Killian had and got to work, dusting off shelves and seeeping the floor. It seemed a good shell to start in, the walls studier than other places Nate had been in since he’d arrived. It would be nice to get the chance to maybe do some good here, once things were set up.
or to feel saved again?
that music play again
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
With a grin, Remi glanced over his shoulder towards Isla, who was already making her way into the room. "She says she thinks this is a great idea Phoebe, and that she will help however she can." Remi interpreted with a grin.

The alchemist waited until everyone else had made their own choices before picking up what was left. Furniture appropriation, apparently. Biting the inside of his lip Remi hummed softly to himself as he looked about the empty rooms trying best to think what would best suit Phoebe's future needs.

Using his magic, Remi began to create the items that Phoebe had instructed; bookshelves, chairs, tables. With input from Isla, Remi also created spaces that could be used as lecture-type theatres, places to dissect and study things, and comfier rooms for studying in a cozier setting.
but it does you no good

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
...something more professional...

Those words stung, and it was clear on her face as soon as Nate said them that she was upset by them. Her eyes widened a little, her brows furrowed and lips curved slightly down at the corners. Her boyfriend who was here to help fix the place up - which he was very skilled at no less - and had given her a rather chaste kiss and now she wasn't professional? But she wouldn't lash out. She needed help and he had shown up.

That Isla was so approved did bring a big grin to her face. "Well then perhaps you might like to be a professor and Remi can be your teaching assistant?" she said, only half joking. Isla's knowledge was invaluable and needed to be preserved in some way.

She was glad Emmett took the roof project, knowing he would have no issue getting it patched up. But while he was up there he would find a rather irritatingly dangerous issue. FlintHoppers had taken up a nice cozy residence between the shingles and rafters. For now it wasn't a big deal, the roof being soaked from Flowerbirth showers. But as it dried out in the heat of the new season...well his girlfriend's project could very literally go up in flames.

Killian and Nate took on cleaning which was well needed. As they did so, they might also notice signs of the Flinthoppers, little scorch marks here and there on the floors. Behind the building they might also note lovely patch of greenspace that could eventually be a nice medicinal garden and signs of Burros around. Perhaps one might want to take some initiative and tackle that instead of cleaning.

Phoebe was beyond pleased to see the necessary furniture begin to fill the place up. Remi was a truly talented magic user. "Are you able to make anything? Perhaps even medical tools?" Phoebe asked, curious what the limitations of his abilities were. She wasn't a magic user herself and didn't know how it all worked really.

Emmett - Oh no! FlintHoppers threaten to eventually cause a devastating fire in the building! Whatever shall you do?

Killian and Nate - This place really does need a good scrub, but there are some Burros out back who might be bribable to till the space for a medicinal garden.

Remi - You special boi you, it seems Phoebe might be gearing up to make a special item request. But she is your friend and doesn't want to be a bother, will you offer to help or will you politely decline and continue making chairs and shelves and such instead?

No post order!
I Seem Like Someone Else

Coding base by Sky/Odd!
Emmett Palmer

Change author:
Emmett was ready to put in the last beam of the roof, the remaining few nails held in his mouth as he lifted it up, fitting it to the hole....then he heard a distinct croaking noise, one he recognised all too well. Slowly he moved to put the board down and lift his head up through the hole, look about inside.

What he saw nearly made him want to tell Phoebe to give up this building and move elsewhere, but he just about resisted. Since childhood, he'd hated bugs. Sure, he'd had to deal with them plenty of times, life on a farm practically demanding one have a familarity with all animals, but he never enjoyed it. A whole nest of Flinthoppers sat staring at him as he stared at them.

Once he could be pushed back into movement, he headed back to the main room to find a bucket of water, one that was being used to clean, just to borrow; everyone knew the best way to deal with Flinthoppers was some water straight to their buggy little faces.

Climbing back up to the roof, he sloshed the bucket at the group of Flinthoppers. Immediately they scattered, some flying out of the roof and some down into the building then through the door. Trying to avoid them, Emmett crouched and put his hands over his head. When they had gone, he made sure he'd gotten all of them then went back to fixing up the roof.
Emmett
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
With a boyish grin, the alchemist nodded. "Yes. Early on I made a salve for Isla that would numb any part of the body for as long as you needed and would never run out. I suppose it is in the infirmary now, though it might be useful for you?" Pondering, he felt down the magical tether towards Isla, who only shrugged in response having no idea what happened to her belongings.

"If you describe what you need, I am more than happy to try." Remi replied with a bright grin.
but it does you no good

Coding base by Sky!
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
or be brave again?
of the grave again?
Cleaning was not, in any way, Nate’s forte. He did leave the spaces behind him tidier than when he’d started, but that was not ebecause it had been in such a state of disarray before. It would’ve been hard to not make a difference. Looking at what he’d accomplished, Nate decided it was time for a break. He’d caught sight of a nice little garden area, and made a beeline in the direction of the door out. He knew better than to smoke in what was going to be a place of medicine.

The sun blazed above, Nate squinting up at the sky as he fished a cigarette out of his jacket pocket, one he’d bummed off a local in the bar. Lighting it with a match he’d gotten the same way, he shrugged his jacket off and stepped out into the garden area, immediately stumbling over a hole. Looking down, he caught sight of a mole like creature that seemed to be looking up at him with as much surprise as he was looking at it. ”Hey.” The greeting came more from surprise than anything else, Nate kneeling down to take a closer look at the little creature. And, in the process, a closer look at the dirt. Nate was as much a farmer as he was a cleaner, but he’d dabbled in growing certain things. And if it was good for one things, it had to be good for more.

”This would be a good garden, huh?” He said down to the creature, who had left when he’d been distracted. Nate frowned, then stood again, watching the dirt move around as the creature burrowed. Maybe it could help him get the hard work done, and he could take credit for getting it set up. He even had an idea of ho to bribe the creature into helping him, one that he wasn’t sure was going to work. Before he’d left, he’d grabbed a handful of fruit from Sams kitchen, figuring something to eat to would be better than nothing. He grabbed a few small berries from his jacket pocket, and set them down in strategic locations, hoping it would work. While he waited for the animal to respond, Nate walked around the space, clearing away any brush and pulling out things he recognized as weeds.
or to feel saved again?
that music play again