You could have it all; my empire of dirt [OPEN]
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
remi

It had been a few days now.

Perhaps that wasn't a terribly long time, but it wasn't short either. Not here anyways.

The alchemist had seen almost nothing of Loren in the proceeding days, but given who the Launceleyn was that perhaps wasn't so surprising. Why shouldn't Loren be involved in more of the expeditions and set-ups than Remi? Didn't it make sense that while Remi searched for food and did other more menial tasks, Loren found books? The alchemist didn't know that's what the librarian had in fact been up to, but in his mind he imagined his...person (as he was still completely unsure how to characterize Loren after the way they'd left things) was doing something important. Selfishly he longed to see him, feeling as though Remi was riding out the denouement alone; a terribly ineffective endeavor as it was. But of course so many things mattered more, and Remi had always been good about setting himself aside for the needs of the many. It was just such a shame that it was necessary so quickly on the heels of having done just the opposite of that for once.

Despite all of that, or perhaps because of it, the absence of Ianto seemed all the more apparent. The fox hadn't been with the initial group, but there was nothing to suggest that that was out of the ordinary. Why think they'd all be together? Without any mechanism to explain what or why they were here, nothing at all seemed odd about any of it; not on a micro level anyways.

But when the fox didn't surface after a few days, the alchemist grew more and more worried. He'd asked around, but no one had seen his copper-haired friend. Warren wasn't with the assembled group either; was it possible that Ianto had...stayed behind? The words seemed ill-suited for the situation, but Remi was at a loss as to how to explain it, or think of it, any differently.

And so, gliding on wings that hardly made a noise in the afternoon sun, Remi scanned the fields below. His heart was heavy with memories of having hunted just like this with Ianto only a few weeks prior.

Surely he was here somewhere, dozing in the sun?

Surely?

Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

this won't hurt a bit

Forraging wasn't something Isla had been expecting to have to do... like... ever, but considering that the infirmary was rudimentary at best and that people would need to eat before they needed their wounds healed up, she had decided she would do what she could. Besides, it wasn't something she wanted to admit necessarily, but she'd only just stepped into Northaven when this whole chaotic mess had been dumped on them, and she didn't really know anyone. Edrei, sure, but the woman was a whirlwind and had been a guard, too, so her time would naturally be better spent elsewhere.

It would be a safe assumption to say that Isla was lonely. But the air out here was sweet and the afternoon sun warmed her shoulders and her back, and as the breeze whispered across the long grasses she could almost imagine she was back in Northwind. Out here there were trees and bushes and arable land, and she made a mental note to bring that information back to the Sanctuary in case anyone was able to grow crops. For now, though, Isla had spotted an apple tree and she smiled at the sight of the crimson globes that nestled among its branches. That would do nicely.

Spotting the shadow of a hawk on the wing overhead, Isla pressed forward to the tree, intent on gathering as much as she could.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
remi

Movement below immediately caught the hawk's attention. The flash of hair that looked nearly white in the sunlight however immediately told the hawk all he needed to know about the being below: it wasn't Ianto.

But was it someone he recognized? Remi didn't think so, but nor did he think the woman below occupied the same sort of role that Rory had. Though she appeared quite effortless in this environment (which might suggest she was indeed from here), her clothing suggested she'd come from Northaven; she wore none of the rags that Rory had been.

Gliding lower, the hawk circled slowly. He had no golden cuff now with which to identify himself. For all intents and purposes to an onlooker he was nothing more than an avian flying strangely low. Something about being able to watch but not being truly seen had always made Remi feel a bit uncomfortable. So despite the fact that he wanted to keep searching for his friend, the bird did swoop low for a landing. Human feet touched the group first as the rest of his body quickly expanded and reconfigured itself.

Running a hand through his curls as if to dust away the last remnants of feathers, the alchemist looked towards the apple-picker with a warm smile.

"Northaven?" He asked with a tentative laugh.

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

this won't hurt a bit

Isla felt glad to have brought a satchel given her luck, and was busy filling it with apples when she heard something land behind her. Instantly on edge, she dropped the fruit she'd been holding to send it bouncing away across the grasses, turning sharply to face the stranger. With all that had been happening around the Spire and the other strange occurrences she'd encountered here so far, it wasn't so surprising that she was feeling skittish. Even if the young man she faced did not look particularly intimidating, with his mop of curls and his laughter. She felt herself relax a touch, carefully setting the satchel down.

"That's right," she said with a cautious smile. "You too? I don't think I ever got a chance to meet you back in Northaven. I arrived with the most recent mini-wave just before..." She glanced around. "Well. Before this. I'm Isla - I used to work as a surgeon in the Center. I guess I'm a field medic again now."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi

As the apples spilled onto the ground, Remi's mouth formed an O of surprise as he immediately knelt to gather those closest to him. As Isla set down her satchel, the alchemist turned his pale stare upwards and offered her a reassuring smile, placing the fallen fruit into the bag.

"Yes." He agreed with a dip of his head, rising up and extending a hand towards her. She'd find his palms worn, but warm. Just like Remi himself. "Pleased to meet you Isla. I was an alchemist in Northaven...a weapons builder, really." How he hated thinking of himself that way. Shaking his head slightly, he shrugged and smiled. "I do not know what I will be here. Whatever I am needed for I suppose. " Remi's smile was boyish and uncertain, adding to his altogether unobtrusive affect.

"A medic hmm?" He said thoughtfully, tilting his head slightly. "What do you make of us coming here without so much as a scratch? Does that tell you anything?"

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

Isla hadn't expected the stranger to so readily and willingly help collect her fallen apples - but then again if they were both from Northaven they both knew how important it was to keep their little colony fed - and she leant down with him to help gather them all up into the satchel. They straightened up and she offered an equally as friendly smile back at him, reaching out to grasp his hand and shake it. "Likewise," she said. "And an alchemist, you say?" Curiosity all but burned in her eyes, especially as he continued.

"Whatever you will be here, I have no doubt it will be important," she said, honesty lacing her words. "With skills like that... why, I might have to petition you to make some new tools for me. I arrived without my medical bag." It was still something that left her feeling naked.

His question was a very good one, and Isla wished she had better answers for him. "I've no idea currently," she said. "People still have their scars and marks from Northaven and Northwind, so it isn't like we 'reset', as odd a phrase as that is to use. But recent injuries seem to have vanished. It doesn't add up, but I'm keen to look into it further."

isla i guess
i used the wrong table and i can't be bothered to change it <3

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
Surprised by her interest in his (former?) profession, Remi could only smile with a wry grin. ”I’m not so sure about important, but certainly I will do my best.”

At the mention of her needing tools, Remi instantly perked up. He was always more than happy to assist, but even more so when he knew he was actually capable of what was being asked of him. Immediately his mind began to race. “What sorts of tools would you need? Or–“ Pausing the alchemist smiled radiantly, “–for what sorts of things?” Remi knew very little about medical practice, but he was quite interested in biology. All that he knew was self taught (as was all of his knowledge), but only having the things he killed as a hawk to dissect and study left him wanting certainly.

Quirking a brow, the alchemist nodded slowly. The word ‘reset’ was unnerving, but he supposed it wasn’t that off? That was perhaps an even more unnerving thought.
”Do you think we’re....stuck here? I met a man called Rory who says he was born here..as far as he could tell, there is no way through the barrier...” Swallowing uncertainly, Remi waited to see how Isla might react to this news.

Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla flashed him a kind smile that hid just a touch of mirth about it. "I guess that's all any of us can do, our best," she agreed, though she stood by her thinking that Remi's skillset would be particularly useful in this place. He perked up and that only fed the doctor's enthusiasm and curiosity further, Isla shifting the satchel over her shoulder to more comfortably hold it now that it was full of apples. "Oh, there were a variety of tools, both large and small," she said, smiling weakly.

"Let's see... I had an assortment of scalpels, tweezers, needles, scissors, clamps and forceps. There was also a bone saw and chisel, retractors in varying sizes, a mallet..." Quite suddenly Isla realised just how detailed she was being, clearing her throat. "Along with the usual bandages, sutures and things. I could do field medicine and small operations on the battlefield. When I got to Northaven I thought I might finally get the time and space to further my studies."

Rory's name struck a chord with her, and Isla seemed more surprised by that than the fact they were very likely stuck here (something she did not dispute to Remi). "I believe I might have met the same man," she said. "There must be more than just him out here. Locals... perhaps they could tell us more?"
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
Rather than looked bored or bothered by the detail with which Isla was suddenly describing her tools, Remi looked absolutely fascinated. As she continued, his mind seemed to break into two streams: one was imagining the tools that she was speaking of and how he might make them, and the other was trying to discern what they might in fact be like in practice. A bone saw for example was something that had a very practical and informative name. But in practice? There were different widths and density of bone, weren’t there? Not to mention the differences between species...

He almost lost himself in thought as she continued, saving himself with a beaming smile as she eventually trailed off. ”Well, I would love to be able to assist however I can..’
Sheepishly his smile wavered as his eyes lowered for a moment. He didn’t know Isla, but even if he had, Remi wasn’t normally in the practice of asking for things so freely. This though...it was almost too good to pass up. ”Perhaps if you would allow me to shadow you while you’re working, I could better develop for you the things that you need?” Grinning, Remi shrugged. ”I also have quite the interest in medicine, I’ve just never had the opportunity to really be able to apply myself to it.”

At the mention of Rory, Remi smiled with happy surprise. ”Ah! How interesting. Rory did mention there were others but was a bit vague on the details. I wonder if it is worth trying to communicate with them? I was with Elyna at the time, and she seemed fairly reserved about whether or not we should continue to be around him or his people but...” Trailing off, the alchemist offered an uncertain shrug.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Remi's enthusiasm towards helping her recreate the contents of her medical bag was undeniably charming to Isla. And not just because of his easy smiles and lilting accent - it was a rare thing, to meet someone as interested in her field as she was. (After all, most healers entered their profession because of a talent for the magical kind of aid). "That would be wonderful," she said. "Perhaps tomorrow morning I could show you a few sketches of the tools I remember?" She had a steady hand and, while no artist, could make a technical drawing with the best of them. Hopefully her memory didn't fail her.

It seemed as though today was going to get better, though. Blue eyes grew round as Remi actually asked if he could watch her at work, to learn and help and develop her tools... She nodded eagerly. "Yes," she said, her smile audible in her words. "Yes, please. In my opinion, this place is in desperate need of someone else who is medically trained. If you have an interest, an extra pair of hands would literally save lives." Because while Isla might have the knowledge and the demeanour, she was still only one person.

Shifting the satchel on her shoulder, Isla decided it was full enough and began to walk - stroll, rather - back towards the Sanctuary. "I think we should communicate with them. If we're stuck here it doesn't matter either way, right? And they might know so much about this place..."
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
"I would enjoy that." Remi agreed immediately. That he wouldn't have to just rely on Isla's memory was a wonderful relief. The medic seemed fully competent and communicative, but seeing drawings (even poor ones) would be much more beneficial than her words. Not always the best communicator himself, Remi was happy to know that he wouldn't have to rely on words alone to assist the healer.

"I am not sure how skilled I would be with your tools, but at least my hands are steady." To demonstrate, the alchemist held out his muscled and calloused hands palms-up. Indeed in Remi's line of work steady fingers and dextrousness were an absolute necessity; so it was for Isla as well.

Listening and following along as Isla moved them back in the direction of the Sanctuary, Remi hummed thoughtfully to himself. "Stuck here." He said quietly, rolling the words on his tongue before loosing them through his lips. "Is that what you think? That we are simply...here now?"? It was a question Remi had been wondering often. Indeed no one truly seemed to be putting much thought at all into getting back to Northaven. True they were trapped here, but surely that was just for now?
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

this won't hurt a bit

He would... enjoy it? Isla was starting to like Remi very much, the medic flashing him a grin as they walked, and she reached into her back to take out two of the apples, offering one across to him. "You're an alchemist though," she said, shrugging and seeming suitably impressed as he held up his hands, "so even if you aren't good with them at first, I have no doubt you'll be a quick study. And I can teach you." It would be her pleasure, in fact. The infirmary was guaranteed to feel very empty and very lonely within a short amount of time, if they were as light on the ground with healers as she suspected.

Isla's good mood dampened a bit as Remi changed the subject, and she let out a light sigh. "Everybody I've spoken to remembers nothing immediately before arriving. We all remember Northaven to some extent or another, but... no one can say how we got here for sure. A portal seems about right - but there's been no sign of the Master Chief. And without someone to open a portal back through the other way..." She took a thoughtful bite of her apple. "Besides," she said, "people need to eat, and be warm, and get access to medicine. We can look for a way home once we know we'll stay alive, right?"

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
Accepting the apple, Remi offered the healer a bright and appreciative smile before biting into the crisp red flesh. As a trickle of juice trailed down his jaw, Remi wiped away at it absently with his arm, shrugging his shoulders in response to her statement. While it was true that he was indeed a quick study, having been self taught his entire life he'd never ever assume to be as skilled or knowledgable as someone like Isla. Loren had tried to break him of that habit and had failed; his humble self deprecation when it came to his abilities ran like a current through his bones. "Either way, I would be more than happy for your guidance." He concluded cheerfully, taking another bite of apple.

As Isla mentioned the lack of Bellamy's presence and the fact that they all still needed the basics to survive, the alchemist nodded his head as a boyish and embarrassed smile softened his features. The healer's words made more than just a little sense, and Remi was once again reminded why he did not often place himself in a leadership position: there were simply too many things he would overlook. "You are absolutely right." The alchemist admitted with an easy smile in her direction.

"That is actually why I was out here .. Obviously not all of Northaven has come through where we did ... but ... I wonder where everyone else is? I was here looking for a friend. He often used to lounge away his afternoons in the Tamed Lands. I thought perhaps I might find him here."
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

this won't hurt a bit

"And I would be honoured to give it." Isla grinned after swallowing another bite of her apple, the medic actually seeming a little more at ease with the prospect of passing on her knowledge to Remi. They might have just met but there was nothing about him that suggested anything other than a genuine interest. And as an alchemist he was guaranteed to be of keen intellect and curiosity - perfect, in her opinion.

She smiled back at him and shrugged a little as he admitted she was right - being right didn't necessarily make the situation any easier to bear up. Especially for those with missing friends and family... like Remi, apparently. Isla hadn't come through with anyone and she had only arrived in Northaven shortly before this occurrence, so she honestly didn't know what Remi might be going through. That didn't mean, however, that she couldn't empathise or feel worried on his behalf.

"I wonder if everyone from Northaven even did come through," she said softly, pausing before taking another bite of her apple and offering a weak smile to Remi, as if realising how unhelpful that might sound. "What was his name? And what did he look like? I can keep an eye out for you?"