What, already? [OPEN]
Spire-Monster spectating thread!
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Edy
#nofilter

So they'd been here all of .0002 seconds and....already shit was going down.

Seeing the pipsqueak (Mimora) and some rando (Moses-Joel) running, Edy of course looked in the direction they had come. Trotting forward a few steps (she'd been entirely uninterested by the penis-tower until now), she saw...

well

that was a bit hard to describe.

She saw Koel, Ronin, Roana and Ashetta and something that, in another world, would have made the effects of chernobyl look like a makeover at the mall. Ashe was zapping shit, Ronin was? well, Edy couldn't really see from here, Koel had apparently brought his avian posse with him, and Roana was swinging her big sword.

coolcoolcoolcool.

Glancing around, Edy would try and prevent anyone from running into the fight themselves, but she was more than happy for some company. Tempted to yell some encouraging remarks from the sidelines, for once Edy kept her mouth shut. No fucking way she wanted to draw the thing's attention.

"Don't fucking die you idiots." She whispered under her breath.

No posting order. Just a thread to watch the shenanigans!

Edera Granger

Age: 25 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 8 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: GlassPuzzle Offline
Change author:
MP: 360
"What is going on!?" Edera piped up as she stood behind Edrei. It looked like something was going down, and Edera was wanting in on what it was.

Glancing up at the fight, her excited grin turned into a frown. People were fighting something ugly... "Is that...?" she whispered to herself. She had grown up with stories that there was something there, and that something terrible befell anyone who ventured near but never had seen anything herself. Until now.

"What are they doing? They need to get away!" Edera shouted in fear. It would be more than a miracle if they took that thing down.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edy
#nofilter

Spinning around, Edy's eyes widened in surprise suddenly to see Edera, someone she didn't recognize, suddenly appear right behind her. "Sorry, who the fuck are you?" She quipped, her tone sarcastic as always though her voice was lower than normal. Since you know, monster and all that. Of course Edy didn't know everyone in Northaven, but from what she could tell, she did recognize almost everyone she'd come over with. And this bitch didn't seem familiar.

Glancing over her shoulder where the foursome was still going strong (she hoped?), Edy narrowed her eyes and turned back. "Oh do they? And here I thought they were going to ask that thing to sit down for some fucking tea." Crossing her arms, she eyed the younger woman, which, coming from Northaven, was weird. In most instances Edy was always the youngest around (save for Astra). To see someone so youthful was just...weird. But there was plenty of weird to go around.

Edera Granger

Age: 25 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Edera eyed the woman. "I am Edera Granger," she said, not used to the language the newcomer used. "Who are you? You all just poofed into existence..."

Her eyes widened as a thought hit her. "Are you... Are you all the gods from legends?" She asked, kneeling down to show respect just in case. If they really were gods, she didn't want to be struck down.

"Will you all beat the Spire Wraith for us all? It has been a thorn in our side for countless years. For as long as the spire has stood, that evil has tormented us..."
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
#nofilter

The name meant nothing to her, but what the girl said next, that bit about poofing into existence?

fuck

This bitch wasn't–

–and then she was asking if Edy was a God, and kneeling down. With amused horror the teenager's eyes widened, and she looked towards the only responsible folks she knew of–namely Koel and Ronin who were obviously busy–for affirmation of what she should be doing.

"Uh.." What was she supposed to say? No? If someone kneels at your feet and asks if you're a God, obviously you don't say no.

So instead Edy avoided the question.

"I mean ... that's why those four are over there fighting, obviously." Not totally untrue, and good enough for this. "So you're uh...from here, huh? That's..." Actually, Edy didn't know. It seemed entirely surreal that this child lived in whatever fucking place this was, where people poofed in and monsters guarded giant phallic spires.

"Have others..uh.. poofed in?"

Edera Granger

Change author:
Hearing that they would help, even without confirmation they were gods, felt like a weight being lifted off her shoulders. She sat herself up with a smile.

"Yeah, I am from here. Born and raised. It's a boring place." she replied to the newcomer. And then she asked an odd question. Others?

"Others... Don't know. I usually just work with the cows and crops." she responded, tilting her head. Maybe one of you can help with that too... The cows and crops. They aren't doing too well this year." she said with a sigh, looking down at her lap. "Do you know if any of the others would be able to help with the farm?"
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
#nofilter
A boring place.

They were literally watching some random ass monster tear into their four strongest citizens and this bitch was saying it was boring? The fuck?

Cows and crops. huh. "Uhhh. I mean..." Preston was the only actual farmer that Edy knew of (there were others of course, the younger Launceleyn just hadn't met any of them), but surely they could help. If...they had to? "Yeah I'm sure we could. For now though, this thing sort of seems like a priority. And you know. Getting the fuck out of here. "

Edy didn't quite know what to make of the fact that there may or may not have been others than randomly appeared, but she tucked that piece of information away as she watched what appeared to be... Ronin calling a retreat?

What?
Edera Granger

Change author:
Edera watched as the group got injured, cringing at each attack. Blood was everywhere, both red and black. The spire thing... It was too dangerous, even for these newcomers. She had a feeling it would end up like this, so she wasn't surprised when a retreat was called.

"Should have done that a while ago..." The girl sighed. "For hundreds of years, nobody has been able to get as close as you guys have to kill it off. Maybe one day someone will."

Edera turned to where the group was fleeing to. "Should we go help them with the healing and such?"
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy
#nofilter
"Oh we fucking will." Edy growled under her breath.

She watched as Ashe's lightning cage remained as bright and zappy as ever even as Ronin called his retreat. Koel didn't seem to be listening to the captain however, and while this wasn't necessarily surprising, it did annoy her. Whether it was because of some misguided desire to see him leave the fight safely or because following Ronin's orders was simply something you were supposed to do (not that Edy ever had done that all that well), she couldn't say. Either way, the teenager crossed her arms and chewed her lip.

Yelling still seemed like a bad idea, but the younger girl at her side did have a point. "Can you heal, kid?" Edy asked without pulling her eyes off of the fight. She sure as fuck couldn't, but maybe this cow-caretaker could. That would be something.

"Oy Cap!" Edy yelled, her eyes fixed on Ronin, but then quickly skirting to the monster to see if her cries had drawn its attention.
Edera Granger

Change author:

"Heal...? Sorry, no. I am just a farmer's daughter, nothing special." Edera replied to the other woman. All her skills were linked to the farm, minus her uncanny ability to sniff out treasures when she went exploring. Not much of a useful unique skill, and certainly not helpful here. "I can fetch rags and water though. That's about all I can do for you all right now."

She was more than a little embarrassed that she was pretty useless when it came to these things. "I am sorry I am not much help. I've never had to deal with hurt people before."

Edera
There's more to life than the farm