Jigano Silversmith
Provost / Lorekeeper ☆ Loreseeker's Guild
Age: 28 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 6 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21
ISUMA - Mythical - Gryphon (venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP:
It had been a while since he’d found time to visit the old smith and his new apprentice at their forge. Not so long since he had seen said apprentice, thankfully, after the adventures in the woods. Caiside was hale and whole, and Jigano was still grateful that his friend and guildmate had come out of that misadventure without any real harm. They had many adventures still ahead of them, he hoped, and a great deal to do still!

But first they had earned a short break. A chance to do something lighthearted and for the simple joy of it, without the precious burden – and the stress, however willingly chosen - of others weighing on them. There was to be a party of some kind, Jigano had learned from the regulars in the Tavern, a party on midsummer night, and everyone was expected to procure a gift to bring.

He could have traded for something in the market, or wheedled an object from someone who owed him a favor. He could have offered a song or a story in someone’s honor as a gift, relying on his own commonly-known trade skills. But at the end of the day he had decided that he wanted to bring something more personal than that – but not too personal, as his midsummer’s gift for Rory was likely to be. Something he already had in mind, in fact, if he could borrow the materials from the artist’s guild… or perhaps… look up how to make them himself from a book in the Atheneum?

Ahhh, there was a challenge to get his heart beating faster with eagerness! But first, the gift for the public party, which he hadn’t much more than an inkling of. What he did have was a sack of ingots from his stash – one each of copper and silver – an appointment with his friend Caiside and a smile on his face as he knocked on the door to Old Smitty’s forge before poking his head inside curiously. ”Caiside? Are you here? I’ve brought some metal to work with,” he called, stepping all the way in and letting the door swing shut behind him.
Caiside Annatar
Blacksmith ☆ Loreseeker's Guild
Age: 35 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander
Level: 2 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 16
Played by: Johnny Offline
Change author:
MP:

Caiside had left the woods feeling renewed. It felt as if he had a focus back, stead of simply drifting along hoping to find answers. Now he had an idea of where to look, how to ask, and plans to make. But first, the more mundane things.

It was almost strange to be back at the forge, but it was work that he needed to do, and, if he was being honest, work that he had missed doing. There was even a treat waiting for him today, a meeting he was going to have with Jigano. Some... summer festival? He had missed the explanation of it, but knew enough about festivals to begin filling in the pieces on his own. Jigano had suggested they work on something forged together, and Caiside had agreed immediately, excited to spend time with his friend, and catch up in what he’d missed.

As it usually went when he worked though, Caiside found himself distracted when Jigano entered, not hearing the knock at the door, but recognizing the voice that echoed into the back of the shop where he’d been working. With a warm smile on his face, Caiside stride out from the back. His hair was up in an intricate knot, every piece pulled back tightly, and his normally ostentatious clothing was swapped out for a heavy apron and long, thick gloves.

”Jigano!” Caiside greeted the silver haired man warmly, stepping out from behind the counter to embrace him briefly. “It feels like so long since we’ve gotten to speak simply, doesn’t it?” All but pulling Jigano deeper into the shop, Caiside peered curiously at his sack, torn between catching up and wanting to see what the other man brought. Quickly, he decided on both, patting the counter to invite Jigano to show him the metal he’s brought, and leaning forward so he could chat. ”I didn’t think it would say this, but it’s nice to be back. At least, back in the company of people who will have a real conversation with me.”

Caiside
I have never been allowed to be Holy,
I have never been forgiven for Wanting;

Jigano Silversmith
Change author:
MP:
Caiside's hair was gorgeous in a way Jigano rarely found time to attempt with his own. Even in a style meant to be functional it was complex and stunning, and the bard took a moment to admire the shining red mass, making a mental note to ask his friend for some tips later. His own hair was pulled back in a simple tail, but that would hardly do for working around the forge, he realized ruefully. It was a sign of how out of practice he was that he hadn't thought of it earlier, but before he could reach up to rectify the situation his friend had stepped forward to claim in embrace.

Though he was becoming more used to such spontaneous displays of affection from his friends and found-family, he was still hesitant and a little awkward as he just barely managed to get in a pat to Caiside's shoulder before the other man was pulling away speaking the thoughts that had been on the bard's mind and earning a wry grin and a nod of agreement. "Far too long!" he echoed fervently. He let himself be pulled along, stifling a chuckle at his friend's eagerness. He was happy to oblige the smith's curiosity by depositing his sack with a grunt of effort and letting it fall open to reveal the ingots within.

"Oh?" he urged, deceptively mild though he arched a brow at the interesting admission. "Your hosts in the woods weren't great conversationalists?" It was still too near a thing to be completely at ease with, but he used teasing to deliberately keep the mood light as he reached back to begin braiding his own hair tightly back, and then coiling the braid into a neat bun he could keep tucked up out of the way while they worked. "And have you had a chance to think about what to make for your gift for the party? I admit, aside from wanting to do something in silver and copper I haven't quite decided on what shape mine will take yet."
Caiside Annatar
Change author:
MP:

Caiside winced a little internally when he felt his stuff Jigano was in response to his embrace, but it was easy to breeze past, and more than likely more polite to not mention. No, it seemed best to focus on the heavy ingots the bard had just revealed, Caiaixes eyes going wide. ”You’ve been holding out on me!”He cried, a smile on his lips. ”And to think I’ve been working with scraps. Where did these come from?”Skill would take one far, but even skill couldn’t do much with poor materials.

”We spoke a great deal, but it felt as if I was missing a piece of the conversation the entire time.” Caiside cocked his head the memory of the sprites, his smile fighting and his eyes dipping down to look at himself as he remembered the golden dust, the rush of power, so close to what he lost. He was quiet for a moment longer, then looked up at Jigano, golden eyes slipping over the mans face to instead follow How hands, and the strands of silver hair. ”I do wish I’d asked different things of them. Perhaps I’d have come back with some useful information.” The words were followed with a laugh, Caiside stepping away from the dismal thoughts with a well practiced grace. This was hardly goif to be the thing to drag him down.

Honestly, Caiside barely understood what the festival was about, apart from having something to do with the sun. That one scrap was enough to give him an idea, a shallow one maybe, but if it was executed well then it would hardly matter. ”I had thought little charms could be nice? In the shape of the sun, of course, a polished so they reflect any light shone at them.” Caiside smiled, giving Jigano a moment to digest his idea, then continued. They would be like little sun scraps.”

Caiside

Jigano Silversmith
Change author:
MP:
It wasn't that Jigano minded Caiside's physical affection, so much as that he was still unused to accepting it from anyone other then Rory. He was learning, however, and each lesson made it a little easier the next time it happened. "The same place the last ones did, when you made the guild's pins," he grinned back, offering the red-head a sly wink. "I don't have many trade goods of my own, so these are my secret weapon!"

"What were they like?" he asked curiously. "These invisible kidnappers of yours?" Had they saved Caiside? Or merely delayed the inevitable? Given that Amalia and Kiada had not, in fact, been killed or harmed it now seemed as though Caiside's disappearance with them served less purpose than initially considered. True, he hadn't been thrown in the pit... but what would have happened to him if he had tried to leave the sprites? Would they have turned on him, fickle and capricious in their whims? "Did you ever try to get them to lead you back to the edge of the woods? Or try to leave them? I'm curious if they would have let you..." Or had he been as captive as the rest, just less obviously so?

His friend's idea was a good one, and Jigano nodded enthusiastically. "I've had charms made before," he agreed with a grin. "Smitty is very good with the more delicate work of them. I think we only need to bring one gift each, though, to give to one person. But... perhaps a necklace with several stylized suns on it?" He looked around to find a spare smock and set of work gloves, going to put them on while they debated their projects for the day.
Caiside Annatar
Change author:
MP:

Leaning on the counter and tapping his nails on the ingots Jigano had brought, Caiside considered how to answer his friend. In hindsight, much of his experience with the sprite would sound worrying, and worry was not an emotion he wanted to seed in this day. ”They were fast, and... did you have wisps on your world? Little forest spirits?” Caiside wasn’t sure how else to explain what he meant; if it wasn’t for the fact that fairies here seemed so different from what he knew, then he would have simply called them that and been done with it. ”They seemed like tricksters, but not malicious.”

The bards next question made Caiside avert his eyes sheepishly. ”I... have to be honest, the thought of asking them to bring me back never crossed my mind.” He could spew any number of excuses or reasons, that they were showing him things safely, that he was gathering intel, that he had been charmed, but well, the truth was... ”They knew what I am. What I was.” Hard as he tried, Caiside couldn’t keep his lips from turning up, a manically excited grin splitting his face. ”They said that I could return to that path, to my calling Jigano!” Caiside was certain the silver haired male would recognize the importance of that to him.

Pushing off the counter, Caiside pulled a set of gloves from behind the counter, handing them to Jigano and taking the pair the other man had grabbed back. The least he could do is as ensure the other man had a set of good gloves for the day’s work. ”I didn’t realize it wasn’t only one gift. I have rn actually heard much about the event.” Caiside admitted with a laugh. ”But if only one item is required... I think I’ll make a mirror.” He could see it in his minds eye now, a swirling handle, the points of the sun around the perimeter, and the face, polished to a near blinding shine. Perfect. ”What did you have in mind?”

Caiside

Jigano Silversmith
Change author:
MP:
"I did," Jigano confirmed, worry sobering his expression as he considered the comparison. "Will-o-wisps, little balls of light, spirits of energy that would lead people deep into woods and swamps. They were absolutely malicious, though they tended to disguise their tricks as mere mischief until they managed to lure their target into quicksand or a sinkhole or bog and then it was too late." He had once been able to call dancing lights as well, a product of his kitsune heritage, and will-o-wisps held no charm or power over him, but the same could not be said for others, and children in particular tended to be tricked by them.

Fatally so, in far too many cases.

The bard was already frowning at that information before Caiside spoke again, and he raised a brow at the sheepish admission. That was almost more worrying, that the once-demigod had made no attempt to test the limits of his free will while in their grasp. "It sounds as though they held you charmed or fascinated," he murmured thoughtfully, not realizing how his thoughts were echoing his friend's excuses. He trusted in the other man's good sense - perhaps prematurely, though he did not yet realize it. "It was an ability I once had as well, though I never made use of it. It was..." He shivered a little, unconsciously scrubbing at his hands. "A magic with too great a temptation to abuse." He shook his head, then focused on Caiside again, blue eyes piercing. "Did they truly know, though? Or did they pluck the memory from your head and goad you with it?" With all the give and take of memories that seemed near-commonplace on Caido, it wasn't impossible to think that forest spirits might have that talent. "After all, we know the trees of the Wildwood can somehow pull the memories of where you want to go from your mind and prevent you from getting there. And the tulmhainar in the heart of the Woods feeds on memories." He raised a hand to forestall immediate argument, lips quirking. "I know how important it is to you, just... be careful, friend. Don't be so blinded by desire that you let yourself be manipulated by it." The last thing he wanted was to lose Caiside to the woods again, especially when they knew so little about the creatures who had apparently stolen the smith right from under the noses of Attuned and Fae alike. Maybe he could ask Eliza about them when next they met...

The replacement gloves were met with a sheepish grin, his original picks gladly traded for the better ones Caiside offered. "I don't have many details myself," Jigano admitted as he went to shovel charcoal into the forge and stoke up the fire. His movements were a little uncertain, clearly out of practice, but the muscle memory lingered even now, more than a decade after the last time he had helped his father in the forge. "Sun-themed gifts seem to be the way to go, though. I... don't really have anything in mind yet," he admitted with a slight grimace. "First I need to see how badly my skills have degraded over the years. Though I might use the idea of the sun necklace if I can't come up with something better by the time we start working the metal." Now he wished he'd brought one of the gold ingots after all, though he had far fewer of them. Still, copper was likely to be good enough, and he could make a decent chain from silver once he drew off a piece and rolled it into a stem, then coiled it around a bar to make links from. "I'm open to suggestion, though, if you have any other ideas!"