God Quest Explanation Needed
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Adam

Adam approached the shrine with the swaggering confidence one might approach a bar. He had forgotten, in his first two days of freedom from The Pit, to go to Ludo, but as soon as he had remembered his previous, seemingly pointless, quest, he had marched right over to the temple.

He held the horn in his hand casually, rested his weight on one hip and looked over the shrine. After a moment he took some colourful stones from his pocket that he had found on his walk back home, thinking they seemed the kind of thing a child might like (and therefore, Ludo). "Hey. Ludo. You here? I got your...horn, though I guess it's broken or something. It doesn't do anything."

men, they say a lot of foolish things
And in the end the only words
I can find to believe in are mine

Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
ludo

Braved the forests, braved the stone
Braved the icy winds and fire
Braved and beat them on my own

One might have expected Ludo to turn its nose up at colourful stones - but Adam had the right of it. The deity was quite simply there all of a sudden, no pomp, no parade, just a bundle of masked rags nudging the rocks around to make patterns. "Oh," it said, thoroughly amused. "You are alive. That is good, sweetling."

A wisp of fabric reached out for the horn without Ludo looking up even once, expecting Adam to pass it over. "How did you murder the minotaur? I know, of course. But I would hear it from your lips."

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Adam

"Yeah, of course I am." Adam shrugged, as if it were obvious the whole time he was going to escape from the Pit, because of simply who he was. He watched Ludo play with the stones with a small smile, pleased to see the God happy with his gift. If it was always this easy, he'd have plenty of Gods wanting to give him quests and rewards in no time.

Hopefully they might have better rewards, though.

He lifted up the horn for Ludo at the correct moment and grinned at the chance to tell a story of his heroism. "Well, I brought along my mate Peter, cos he needs to get out more, then we went down to the ruins. We found it down a basement, and I slid under it and it tried to get me, but I swerved--" Adam leaned back as an example, in a way much smoother than his actual drunk dodging had been. "--And fired two shots into it's fucking head."[/say

But as much as he loved to tell stories about himself, he was still curious. He leaned forward to look at the horn in Ludo's rags. "So...what does it do?"

Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ludo

Masks couldn't raise their eyebrows, so of course Ludo didn't. But it still did, or at least Adam would get the sense that it did, and it wrapped a tendril of fabric about the offered horn so it could lift it up and examine it. "How very impressive," it said, sounding nonplussed and not looking as Adam added gestures to his story. Still, it must have been pretty good, given that Ludo had figured the minotaur would murder him to death.

"Hm? Oh, well. It's a fine hat, for a start!" Jauntily, the deity placed the horn upon its raggedy head, looking like the most nightmarish unicorn to ever grace Caido. Giggling, Ludo offered it back to Adam. "You have a choice, sweetling. If you cut it so as to be able to blow into it, you will be able to call the last creature you were to slay to your aid. Or, you may fill it with a liquid of your choice, and that liquid will never run dry from the horn."

It had a feeling which one Adam would choose.

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam

Ludo's nonchalance about his feats was softened a little with the word 'impressive' which had Adam smile and puff out his chest like a particularly proud bird, drinking in the praise. It had been in awfully short supply lately.

"Er, yeah!" He replied with an awkward chuckle at Ludo's hat, hoping that wasn't all it was. Luckily, the raggedy spirit began to present him with two options, though really there was only one. Adam was not someone who regularly slayed many creatures, the minotaur being an exception, but he was someone who drank a lot and always liked a refill.

"I think the cup sounds pretty goddamn good to me." He grinned, holding up the horn and waiting for it to do something.

Spooky Rags

Change author:
ludo

There was something amusing in what had transpired, Ludo thought. Perhaps it was the fact that most warriors would have given a limb or two for the opportunity to use the horn to call the slain to fight on their behalf. Or perhaps it was because Adam was just the sort of person that should not have an unlimited supply of anything. Either way, here they were, and the ex-highwayman had made his choice.

"Very well, sweetling," Ludo announced, surging up with the decorative stones Adam had brought it swirling around it like a halo. One of the stones - a deep amber in colour - shot out to embed itself into the horn, suffusing the item with a warm light which faded only after a few long moments.

"Choose your beverage wisely," it warned. "For you will be drinking it from that horn forever."

With that, the deity disappeared in a whisper of fabric.

Adam has obtained the following magical item:

Horn of Plenty | Truly magnificent to behold, this minotaur's horn is decorated with a simple amber stone. When filled with liquid, the horn will never run dry - so be careful what you choose to pour in!

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
Adam

Adam watched the horn raise and be embedded with the stone with an awe-struck expression on his face, a little disbelieving grin appearing as he reached out to take it. "Oh, don't worry. I know what to put in it."

For a moment he entertained the notion of pissing in the horn and keeping it as a permanent piss-weapon, but the temptation of having never-ending booze was far too great. As Ludo vanished he grinned a thanks then headed down to the Rathskeller, eager to get the cup filled.