Gone Fishin'
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
The white fox had to wade farther out into the current to find a fish of his own, as golden as its name implied. He stood still as he watched it approach, the fat creature swimming lazily with the current. Save the scales for me, would you? he asked, eyes on his own prize as he waited until the fish started to swim around him before jabbing his pointed muzzle into the water, closing his teeth on the creature just behind the head and scrambling back as it thrashed in his jaws. There was this to be said about telepathy: at least he could use it while his mouth was full!

That doesn't sound like the kind of thing that would require a warning though, Jigano pointed out reasonably as he padded onto the sparkling rocks of the shore, his compelled assistant a few seconds behind him with her own fish, which her brother padded over to investigate as he licked his whiskers clean from his own meal. If she comes to collect a debt from me, what can I expect?
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
The scales? Sure. As if Ianto was going to eat them. Whilst the white fox caught his own meal, Ianto fell to his own. The perks of telepathy between Attuned meant he didn't even have to glance up or pause to respond to Jigano. The price was my freedom, he said simply. Arduinna is beautiful and dangerous, my friend. Do not treat her as anything less than a creature of the forest. She is not acting on your best interests, even when it seems as though they align.

Would Jigano listen? Maybe? Probably not. But if the rest of the world wanted to try their luck with Arduinna, Ianto couldn't stop them. He wasn't even supposed to warn them. Depends, he said on the subject of debt. Do you have what is owed to her ready?
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Thanks, he murmured, settling down to his own meal with dainty bites, unlike his compelled associates who chowed down with gusto. He listened closely to what Ianto had to say, and if he'd had a human face he might have frowned thoughtfully. That... is good to know, he said, considering the other fox's words. She serves her own interests, then. Well. At least she isn't against the barrierfolk the way Delah is. he sighed.

Licking his chops he looked up at Ianto, considering in his blue gaze. I have been working on it, yes. Do you think it would be wiser for me to seek her out and exchange the payment owed, or to wait for her to come to me? As the other foxes finished their meals they brought their fish carcasses to Jigano's side, so he could use his clever human hands to descale them later.
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Age: 30 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Ianto was done with his fish by the time Jigano came to join him, and he nosed the carcass with its glistening scales to join the others, brought by his foxy companions. Say, how do you do that? Get them to follow you, I mean? he asked, licking the blood from his muzzle and flopping to lay on his side, letting the Longheat sun dry his fur.

No, she certainly isn't a barrier. But I confess I don't know what her game is, either. And you are always wisest to seek her out, rather than waiting for her to come to you. Not only because Arduinna was fickle and impatient, but because it put the power in Jigano's hands, to set the scene before engaging with the Fae.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
First you must learn to call them, he explained patiently, his earlier ire at his fellow fox Attuned soothed first by Amalia's pleading for his case, and then by Ianto's willingness to share information. With plenty of fish successfully caught and their scales made available for Ludo's project, even the bard's initial frustration with the other man's overly-enthusiastic interruption had given way, no match for his curiosity being satisfied by a willing source of new knowledge. Once you have practiced that for a while their minds will become familiar enough for you to speak to more clearly, and nudge with your will. He far preferred persuasion and promise to force, but the minds of animals were not as clear and bright as those of his Companion, and sometimes an imposition of will was required.

I will seek her out soon, then, Jigano decided gravely, licking the juicy, pale meat from the rib bones with a delicate tongue. Thank you for your insight on that. Is there anything else you can tell me about her? Anything you can suggest to stay on her good side? Perhaps gain her favor, to counter Delah's disapproval? He hesitated, then narrowed his eyes, considering what he had already been told. Wait... what do you mean 'the price was your freedom?'
Ianto Dea Arduinna
Merchant

Change author:
Ianto's eyes had slipped shut so he might fully enjoy his basking in the sun, but his black tipped ears still flicked and swivelled at the sound of Jigano's voice, even though he could only hear it in his head. I see, he replied slowly. Similar to learning how to partially shift one's body. A skill he had possessed in Northaven and lost coming to Caido, only to regain it once more. He'd never been able to call animals before, though. Interesting.

Eyes blinking open again, Ianto rolled to his feet and shook himself off, seeming more and more uncomfortable as Jigano continued to dig for information about his mistress. No, he said simply. She is wild, through and through. Fickle and dangerous, and it doesn't matter how much you try to remain on her good side. She may turn on you nonetheless.

Already padding away from the river, Ianto glanced over his shoulder before lowering his head so Jigano might see the leather collar hidden in the ruff of his fur. I mean the price was my freedom. She owns me, and I do her bidding. For all you know, she may have even sent me here to you today.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Yes, much like that, the white fox agreed, pleased at the better analogy Ianto had come up with. He chewed the red fox's words much like he chewed his fishmeat, taking his time to sort through the flavors and picking his next questions - and next bite - with care. Ianto's patience with his questions only went so far, however, and Jigano paused when his companion got to his feet, giving a very forthright - and chilling - warning.

I... will keep that in mind, he murmured, a little stunned at the revelation of the collar and feeling his skin crawl just from seeing it. I am sorry... Sorry that Ianto had been caught in a trap far more dangerous and serious than even Jigano could have guessed without the warning just delivered. He watched his fellow fox trot away before rising himself, finding his appetite had gone sour in his belly. With a shake of his own to settle his fur he went to touch the noses of his compelled companions, offering them his gratitude before letting them go free. He had carcasses to descale and clean, and that was more easily done with human hands before he headed home to collect Isuma and prepare himself for meeting with a god.