God Quest Princesses Don't Need Knights
Item Quest Completion
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
phoebe
Can anybody find me somebody to love
{I am submitting this to complete an item quest, and spending 300 MP to jazz it up a bit after discussion with Odd}

Phoebe arrived at the shrine, a basket of gifts for Frey in her hands. As always there were various fruits and pretty honeysuckle woven into the handle, but this time she also added a few cream filled eclairs she had gotten from the bakery. Why? Well…they were long, filled with white stuff that came out the ends…it just seemed like an innuendo that the god would appreciate that made her cheeks flush to think about. She hoped that the thought would count at least.

She set the basket down on the alter and took a step back, kneeling down to pray. ”Frey, I’ve done as you asked and sought council from those who have witnessed battle.” she started with, the first having been Ronin, who had seen every sort of danger life could offer, and Melita, who despite being far more ferocious than she, was at least more comparable to her than the captain. ”And I have sought out danger as well.” she continued, her mind drifting to the hungry pack of wolves that had tried to make a meal of her and Melita. Now that the shock of that had worn off, she was just the tiniest bit proud of herself for helping in that fight, even if just barely by comparison.  

”And after all that I think I know what I need now…which I am sure you knew would be nothing like what I had originally asked for. If you could spare me but a few moments?” she finished, a small smile curving her lips. Frey knew so much that was beyond her comprehension, surely they already knew what answer she would come to and what she would return to ask for.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Instead of appearing in the waters, Frey was in the bough of a tree. Their body reclined elegantly against one of the sturdy limbs, the wood and their flesh perfectly conforming to one another. "Mmmmm. Have you now." Frey purred from above. Many hands were suddenly upon the god, massaging their flesh. They stretched out languidly as if their body was mostly a liquid and allowed their flesh to be manipulated.

"Of course I can honeybunch." Frey replied, the crown in the basket disappearing and suddenly appearing in one of Frey's hands as they twirled it around one finger.
Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe looked up when she heard Frey, smiling to see them lounging in the tree. The hands that appeared to massage her made her blink in surprise (where were they coming from??), but it quickly passed. Frey was a god. She really shouldn't be surprised by any fantastical things. "Hello, Frey. Thank you for coming." she said, polite as always when greeting her...she almost thought friend. She wished she could call Frey her friend, but she doubted they would want her to speak of them so closely.

Or maybe they wouldn't mind. Frey did surprise her regularly. "I did. I spoke with Ronin and a girl named Melita...and she and I went into the labyrinth and were attacked by wolves." she said, almost getting a little excited. She really was proud of herself. She certainly hadn't been as brave as Melita, but she hadn't frozen. She acted. For her, that really had thrown her far outside her comfort zone.

"I asked them what I might need, and told them what I'd asked of you. But...well Ronin said no object had ever helped him so much as having comrades he could rely on...and Melita didn't really seem impressed by the objects either but facing the wolves with her made Ronin's point make more sense." She and Melita had literally fought off the wolves with sticks and rocks. But it was having someone she trusted by her side that gave her the courage to do what needed to be done, just like Ronin said.

"So...I don't need a shield or an invisibility cloak or a portal maker...I need a companion to help me defend myself and those with me. Ronin clearly recommended a dragon." she said, smiling up at Frey, rememberinf Ronin's not so subtle hints. "What do you think of that?" she asked, knowing Frey hadn't really thought much of her previous suggestions either. Did they think this was a better idea?

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Oh you'll know when I cum, pretty one." The god said with an easy peal of laughter.

"Wolves mm?" The god mused, and suddenly small wolf-like afterimages appeared in the boughs and leaves of the tree. Running and snapping, the leaves forming the walls of the labyrinth as if replaying the enter scene right above the god.

Rolling onto their stomach now, the hands kneading their butt and thighs with terrifying depth and force, the god placed their cheek on the branch and listened as Phoebe continued. "A companion hm." Frey mused, eyes narrowing with a knowing sort of expression. "Dragons are fickle creatures. Vain and proud. When they bond, they do so ferociously." Letting a hand drop from the bough, an egg suddenly appeared in their hand. It was a warm pink with darker spots of crimson and ochre faintly interspersed throughout. "A dragon won't hesitate to die for you. Sometimes even recklessly so. Are you sure you can handle that pressure? They aren't just a pal there to help you out of a tricky situation. They are in your mind and body and soul. A tether that when severed, is catastrophic."
Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe's cheeks turned bright red and she lifted her hands to them, squishing her face comically. "Someday I will get used to those jokes." she said, not in reprimand, but with a smile on her face. This simply was how Frey was, just as she was more modest. And yet, somehow, they managed to get along swimmingly - perhaps it was their shared connection with the work of fertility.

She glanced up towards the scene playing out above Frey, biting her lip a bit. As proud as she was of herself, it did make her anxious to think about. It had been frightening. But she faced it, with much more bravery than she mustered on the average day.

The bodyless hands continued to massage the god, and briefly again she wondered how it was possible. Did Frey's being simply have no end? The hands simply shouldn't have been able to dip that far into flesh! But her attention was immediately captured as Frey spoke, holding out and egg to her. The egg itself was beautiful, pink and crimson...so very much the essence of Frey she thought. Her lips pressed together in thought, considering Frey's words seriously. "A tether that when severed, is catastrophic."

After a moment, she nodded, a serious look on her face. She did not take Frey's warning lightly...but she felt she could handle it. Loss was no stranger to her, neither was pressure. "I understand...I can handle it." she said with a sure nod, smiling up at the god she wished to call her friend. She appreciated Frey checking first, but she was sure she could handle this responsibility.

Change author:
"Will you though?" Frey tittered with a grin, plucking a peach from a tree bough that certainly didn't bear fruit, and taking a long and moist bite.

As Phoebe replied in the affirmative, the god could merely shrug. Unlike her counterparts, Frey was not the meddling sort. At least, not when it came to choices like this.s If the midwife wanted to take the leap and bond her soul to an unknowing other that she couldn't possibly understand or comprehend, that she had absolutely no frame of reference for, nor any way of understanding what it would be like...well. That was absolutely her prerogative.

"Alright lady-bird, this is all for you then." Frey said, casually lobbing the egg into the air where it was caught by a number of tree-vines that slowly passed it down to Phoebe. "Keep it warm and it should hatch in a few days. You might also talk to it a bit so that it has a bit of an idea where exactly it is in the world when it does hatch."
Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Would she though? She smiled warmly at the god and shook her head. "Probably not. Certainly not soon." she said with a light laugh. But she would never ask Frey to refrain from them - if anything she encouraged them by bringing juicy fruits and cream filled eclairs as gifts. That was just Frey, just as her bashfulness was part of her being Phoebe.

Phoebe knew she didn't fully understand what she was getting into. She knew she didn't quite understand what she was asking for. But that was just part of her being human. She was never going to understand everything. She just had to take a leap of faith - that was part of life. Was she really living if she didn't take a chance every now and then? Or was she just existing.

The midwife watched the egg fall and be caught branches, talking it carefully from the moving limbs. Frey gave her instructions and she nodded, hugging the egg close to her chest. "I will, I promise." she said, determined to follow the gods instructions to the letter. She hesitated for a moment, looking back up at the deity that had done so much to help her. "And...Frey...may I call you my friend? It's alright if not, and I don't wish to offend..." It was at the core of how she felt, but she didn't think she could just call a god her friend. Not without their permission.

Change author:
Glancing lazily over one should, the god just looked casually at Phoebe and shrugged. "I'd not tell you what you can and can't do with that pretty mouth." Frey replied as peach juice dribbled down their chin. Really though, Frey thought that Phoebe wasn't so much wondering if she could call the god her friend, but if the god would call phoebe, theirs.

"But yes, you can." They added after a moment, finding no need to let the midwife teeter on the brink of uncertainty.
Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
phoebe
Phoebe brightened immediately, like a wilted flower after a rainstorm blooms anew. But yes, you can. It was like a song to her ears, Frey's words weapping her very sould in warmth and happiness. That perhaps the affection she felt for the god might be returned even in the slightest as indicated by their permission made her heart soar.

"Thank you, Frey, for everything. You are truly kind." she said, dipping her head to them in respect. "I won't take any more of your time, and I will care for this gift with all my soul." she said, hugging the dragon egg close to her chest. And unless there was more her friend wished to discuss, she would leave them in peace.