Great Discoveries Require Great Equipment
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe had planned to meet up with Remi at the Artisan’s Guildhall to discuss her special commission for the Medical College. She was so excited she was near bursting from anticipation as she made her way through the streets…accompanied by her newest friend. Perched upon her shoulder was Pim, the baby pink dragon she had gotten from Frey. Despite being only a few days old, the feisty little thing growled as ferociously as he could at everyone they passed. He was a mighty dragon after all, and his momma was but a squishy, soft, human thing. He might only be able to inconvenience someone for now but someday

Phoebe laughed a little as the small reptilian companion on her shoulder fantasized about being big and strong and scary.

The young midwife stepped into the guildhall, having never actually visited it before. ”Remi?” she called, looking around for him. Pim opened his little jaw and gave a squeaky little roar, eager to help find whoever it was she was looking for.
I look up to the little bird
The flies across the sky
And I, I wish that I could be that bird
And fly away from here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
it's hard to see beyond what's in sight
Remi was seated at one of the various 'stations' within the hall. It had an assortment of tools littered across the desk; pens, textiles, cutting implements, measuring tools, etc. In front of the alchemist though was a sheet of parchment and in his fingers was a stub of charcoal. The writing was nearly illegible, the images drawn looking entirely impressionistic and nothing at all like Remi's normally neat-writing and life-like sketches.

Glancing up at the sound of his name (much good it did), Remi tilted his ear towards the sound, frowning slightly at the dragon's trills.

"Over here—" He called, voice echoing through the space.
but when you tilt the light I realize

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
The blonde followed the sound of his voice, looking around the hall in wonder. It was such a neat space, she thought. The perfect mix of order and chaos for makers like Remi. She barely noticed as Pim scurried down her side to the floor, skittering across the floor in a clatter of claws against stone, leading the way to Remi. Undoubtedly he would see the baby dragon first, eyeing him suspiciously. With uncanny speed the little dragon crawled up the table leg and onto the desk, sniffing around before growling a warning at the alchemist.

”Oh Pim, stop it, that’s Remi, we like Remi.” Phoebe said, even as the baby dragon stared at Remi with deep suspicion. ”I’m sorry about him, he is a bit suspicious of everyone and every thing.” Phoebe said with a sigh, scooping up the baby dragon which earned her a series of disgruntled grumbles. ”Pim, Remi. Remi, Pim. Now, Pim, are you going to play nice?” She said, smiling at the little pink beast. Pim’s tail twitched, still eyeing the alchemist with suspicion before looking up at Phoebe expectantly. ”Pim, not everyone is obligated to feed you.” she told the dragon dryly, clearly in response to some nonverbal communication.
The flies across the sky
And fly away from here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
The sound of skittering made Remi tense slightly, his ear lowered and his expression strained. Now that he was blind noises seemed so jumbled when they weren't accompanied by vision. Things that made sense before now seemed to occur in a vacuum. If it were not for the fact that Remi had been living with a dragon for several months now, he might have jerkily leaped up from his chair at the sound of Pim's scrambling onto the desk and growling slightly at him.

Hearing Phoebe's voice closer and confirming that it was indeed her, he turned to try and look at her (or at least, directly his milky-gaze in her direction), but succeeded in mostly looking over her shoulder.

"Pim is...dragon?" He guessed warily, head still cocked in that way blind-people have as they tried to listen rather than see.

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe finally looked at Remi directly and gasped, nearly dropping Pim, who growled in protest as he clung to her arm before managing to scramble up to her shoulders. "Oh my goodness, Remi! What happened?!" she said aghast. The baby dragon squirmed, discomforted by her sudden concern. Carefully he made his way off her shoulder and onto Remi's curling up around his neck.

With a cursory sniff, the little dragon licked his beared cheek.

"Yes, Pim is a dragon. Just a baby though he only hatched a few days ago." she said, her concern still in her voice. "He is a bit grouchy but I promise he can be really sweet too."
The flies across the sky
And fly away from here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Ahh, it was—" Halting as the familiar feeling of claws and scales transferred from Phoebe onto his shoulder and around his neck, Remi smiled distantly at the small creature, leaning his cheek towards it as the dragon licked his cheek. "You are clearly not an ice dragon." He mused, sensing none of the lingering frost on his face that Sugar often left behind.

Reaching a hand up and missing Pim at first, Remi eventually found his head and offered the dragonling affectionate scritches behind where his ear-hole would be.

"I...suppose I did something rather unwise and was blinded for it." Remi said with a gently shrug.

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She smiled a little, glad to see that Remi didn’t seem to harbor any resentment for the small creature despite his rather rude behavior. Indeed, unlike Sugar, there would be no lingering cold on his cheek, but a tingling warmth as if he had just walked across a wooly carpet in socks. ”No, he isn’t an ice dragon…I am not sure what sort he is yet. But he is a really pale pink color.” she said. Remi couldn’t see him, but he at least had memory of colors and sights.

Pim almost purred, pressing his head against Remi’s hand. Oh yes, this fellow was good he supposed. Phoebe liked him and cared about him lots, and he knew just where to give scritches. He could overlook not getting treats he guessed.

”Like what? Who hurt you?” Phoebe said, gently brushing Remi’s hair out of his face. ”Why didn’t you send for me? I could have come and taken care of you.”
The flies across the sky
And fly away from here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Smiling faintly, all Remi could do was impose a pale-pink colour onto his memories of Sugar. Indeed though this younger dragon did not feel as frosty as Sugar did, their bodies felt more or less the same from what he rememebered.

"Her name is Arduinna, of the fae." Remi replied, sighing gently. "It was right after we left the Sidhe village, so just a few days ago. Zariah and Amalia found me in the woods and got me back to the guildhall. Isla healed the actual wounds—" Gently touching his face where it had been more or less torn open, he let his fingers fall back to Pim, happily using the dragonling as a distraction. "As for my sight..." Sadly he shrugged. There didn't seem to be anything anyone could do.

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe listened with growing dread, which made Pim squirm with discomfort, whining at her. A fae had done this to him? She was absolutely horrified. "Why would she do this to you?" she asked quietly, looking over his face for any sign of things Isla may have missed. As always, her work was impeccable, even as a unicorn.

"Oh Remi..." she breathed when his tale concluded, her heart breaking for him. Again Pim whined and licked at Remi's beard, trying to fix whatever about him made Phoebe so sad. "I will speak with Frey and see if anything can be done." she said before pressing two fingers gently to his lips to stop a protest she was sure would follow. "You have gone to great lengths to help your friends before, and I promise I will not do anything reckless. Just let me try."
The flies across the sky
And fly away from here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"She...Ianto is indebted to her. As a sign of his bondage he wears a leather collar. It is magical and could not be removed by normal means. I had not meant to break his oath to her, merely to remove the collar." Selfishly, all Remi really wanted was to see Ianto properly naked, properly in a position to be his. "As soon as I removed it she appeared..." Trailing off, the alchemist could only shrug.

Flinching at the sudden feeling of her fingers upon his lips, Remi relaxed instantly and merely shrugged. "Just so long as you do not put yourself in any danger." Phoebe had said again and agian what a close relationship she had with the god, but Remi had only negative memories in his mind of Frey.

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe's frown deepened and Pim growled a little. In her mind's eye she saw the little dragon all grown up, shaking a lifeless body in his jaws. She smiled a little and shook her head. "Pim says when he is big he will tear her apart." she said, her tone conveying it more as a means of comfort than a real threat. "Do you...do you want to move in with me, or the other way around so I can help you?"

"I won't. They will understand why I ask." she promised. Frey might not be willing to help, nor might it be their place to, but she didn't think such a request would be met with ire.

Phoebe glanced at his messy work, still frowning. She moved her hand from his lips to his shoulder, keeping the tips of her fingers gently in contact with him the whole way. He couldn't see her, so he had to feel and hear where she was. "This must make your work more difficult."
The flies across the sky
And fly away from here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
The alchemist chuckled and grinned a little. "I am not sure how large dragons get to be, but I am sure he can manage it. She is a fae after all, and so not very tall."

The offer of moving in with Phoebe caught Remi slightly off gaurd, and he reached outwards to try and find some part of her to grab onto. A hand preferably. "You have enough on your plate." He said gently, thinking of her recent miscarriage and her budding relationship with Emmett. "Besides, I still live with Ronin. Isla can help me see when she is close, but at least I know the guildhall well enough, or I am beginning to."

Reaching a hand up to cover the one she placed on his shoulder, gently Remi leaned a curled-head against her arm and nodded. "I do not need Isla to tell me that my handwriting is now quite terrible." He said, gesturing to the mess of charcoal before him. "As for straight magic...I honestly have not tried yet."

Coding base by Sky!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe grinned, glad he took the comment well. ”I don’t think Pim will stay as small as Sugar has. He is already about her size and he is but a few days old.” she said. No, she had a feeling Pim was going to dwarf Sugar. Even now his feet were a bit too big for his body…which he took offense to and flicked his tail in irritation.

She saw him grabbing for her and gently placed a hand in his outstretched on. The midwife smiled at him warmly and shook her head even though he couldn’t see the gesture. ”There will always be room on my plate to help you. You’re my big brother now remember that?” she said cheekily, leaning forward to place a quick kiss on his forehead. ”Well, if there is anything at all that I can do, just say the word.” she said gently.

The blonde considered his scribbles quietly before looking around the room. ”Well…magic shouldn’t be bound by what you can draw but by what you can imagine right?” she said encouragingly. ”And maybe instead of drawing things, you can sculpt your ideas in clay? That way you can feel if things seem right?” As if on command, Pim scurried off Remi’s shoulder and began snuffling around the room, his little wings spread wide, trying to find the mushy dirt stuff Phoebe was imagining.
The flies across the sky
And fly away from here
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"I remember." He agreed, turning his face up towards her and sighing contentedly into her kiss. "I will. For now I am just trying to...figure things out, I suppose." Remi added with a gentle shrug. Could he make a magical item to fix this? Could Safrin help? Would Frey? It was hard to set his sights (metaphorically of course) on anything, since the possibilities seemed to very open.

"I have never worked with clay." Remi said. Instead of waiting for Pim to return with his findings, Remi merely held his hands open and suddenly clay appeared. The benefits of creation and earth magic, he supposed. If anything it simply felt good to be doing something with his hands.

Dexterously he began to model a dragon; it wouldn't look precisely like Pim as the alchemist hadn't seen the pink dragon, but would soon become quite the representation of Sugar. Using bits of magic the ashen-clay turned white and began to shine as he continued to mould the clay back and forth. Eyes closed and his tongue stuck out the side of his mouth, eventually, he stopped, head cocked. "How does it look?"

Coding base by Sky!