Stinks like a new world (Edrei)
Kaladin Rickshire

Age: 29 | Height: 6'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship:
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Legion Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
A shadowed figure moved through the glade, footsteps practically silent against the moss and underbrush. Songbirds hushed as the man walked past and the various squirrels and chipmunks seemed to make extra effort to avoid crossing paths with him. It was as if the man exerted some type of aura that told the cheery nature of the glade to keep its distance from him.

Tricorn hat hid the color of his hair while a dark cloth obscured his mouth and most of his face. Only the man's eyes, one an emerald green, the other a pale blue like chipped ice remained visible. Despite the sunshine twinkling down onto the land the figure seemed heavily dressed. A leather vest over a white shirt, buckled in the front by three brass buckles, a heavy coat made of a dark grey material, reached down to slightly before his ankles. A black short cape was then draped again over his shoulders. His pants were dark black riding leathers then ended with weathered brown boots that came to his knees. The man only wore one glove, over his left hand, while where is right should have been now sat a metallic fascimile of a hand. It had been enchanted and thus acted like a regular hand would, though people typically seemed unnerved at the marriage of metal and flesh, claiming it unnatural. That served him well, he wanted people to feel unsettled in his presence, wanted them to squirm and be uncomfortable.  

He made his way over to the pool and knelt beside it, drawing back the covering from his mouth so that he could take a drink from the cool water. As he stood up he heard the rustling of branches and quickly covered his face, he detached GodEater from his belt and let the heavy spiked ball fall to the soft earth with a thud. He scanned the tree line and when he thought he new what direction the sounds had come from he flung the ball and chain towards it. GodEater thudded against the ground several meters away and the air around it became super heated as a small eruption burst forth from the metal, tossing earth and debris about. " I don't like being snuck up on, next time I aim for your head." the man said through his cloth. He twitched his wrist slightly and the ball portion of GodEater flew back towards its master.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
edy

”Well, if you listened a bit more carefully you woudn’t have been snuck up on.” Came the teenager’s bright reply.

Bursting through the trees, Edy was completely at odds with the man before her. Dressed simply in breeches and a black top made of a light fabric, the much younger woman appeared all piss and vinegar wrapped up with a smile. Pushing a strand of her obnoxiously curly hair from her dark eyes, Edy grinned and raised a brow. There were no rules in this place about attacking others, and so unlike in Northaven, she would have been well within her rights to blow this idiot up for so randomly attacking that which he knew nothing about.

Except her magic was also all fucked up here, and so that wasn’t really an option.

Crossing her arms and raising a brow, Edy stared at the man with a a curiously amused expression. ”So...you just wander around by yourself, flailing sharp sticks when you hear a noise?” If that was the case and this man turned out to be another Koel–all business and (almost) no fun–then Edy was out. The last thing she needed in this brave new (and entirely fucked up) world was more men with sticks up their asses.

Then something occurred to her.

”Are you even from Northaven?” She asked a bit cautiously. Edy had already met some of the locals, and while she thought she could tell the difference between ‘them’ and ‘us’, it might not always be so clear cut and obvious as Edy was making it out to be.

Kaladin
Kaladin Rickshire

Change author:
Kaladin's eye narrowed at her opening comment, it was much to chipper for his liking. GodEater dangling between his hands. "You're rather nonchalant for someone who almost got blown up." he said, a bit of a dangerous growl in his voice. Since arriving in this strange new world he had tended to keep to the outskirts of what was deemed civilization here. He had known that he had not been the only person from Northhaven to have been dropped here but he had chosen not to make contact with any of his former countrymen. What point would there have been? The two women in his life were dead, as was his son and daughter. What did Kaladin care about what the rest of the refuges did?

"Only to the people who think its a good idea to approach me when my back is turned" he said sarcastically at her. He knew he should have stayed away from the glade, it was to idyllic in a rather mundane and disrupted world for other people to not wander into it. Damn his curiosity. "Do you make a habit of wandering around by yourself and harassing any travelers you come across? "

Her next question caught him slightly off guard though he wasn't sure why. He hadn't had contact with anyone since getting here and he had seen people milling around the hovels people had built that he hadn't recognized. It was a reasonable question of her to ask. To be honest he had never seen her in Northhaven either, for all he knew she could have been a local here. "I'm not from anywhere" he answered simply.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
edy

"I don't get my panties in a twist at almosts." The younger woman trilled back, her dark eyes unflinching despite the growl in Kaladin 's voice. Intimidation and danger had never been particularly persuasive to the teenager. Whether that was because Edy was a destructive force in her own right, or of it was because she was young and naive (or a combination of the two) was hard to say.

Snorting with amusement and shrugging her shoulders, Edy tilted her head slightly letting her wild mane-like head of hair flop to the side slightly. "Is that so. You must be a riot at parties." Grinning wolfishly at her own play on words, Edy nodded with continued amusement at the man's next question. "I do actually. It's one of my favourite past-times, aside from getting my ass thrown from my townhouse into wherever the fuck this place is."

Kai's answer to her question only made the teenager sigh with youthful angst and disappointment. "Not from anywhere." Edy repeated flatly, the angular lines of her face seeming to grow even harsher as she narrowed her eyes. "What a perfectly stupid thing to say. You know what I meant." Licking one of her teeth for a moment, Edy paused before rolling her eyes slightly. "Were you in Northaven oh...you know, a week ago like the rest of us?"
Kaladin Rickshire

Change author:
Doesn't get her panties in a twist? Well she was a rather crass one wasn't she. Kaladin thought as he eyed the young woman. She looked to be about his eyes, perhaps a year or two younger and seemed to have the rambunctious spunk typically found in young noblemen. In his experience women tended to be more prim and proper, at least while out in public. Well this could hardly be considered public now could it? The inner monologue in his head echoed as he looked at the nearly deserted glade.

"Perhaps you should start, that almost could turn into a too late before you know it." he warned then thought better of it. "Or don't, I really couldn't care less if you went and got yourself killed or not." Why was he wasting his time conversing with this woman? He had much more important things to do then trade jibs with a child. "Was there a reason you were stomping around in these woods then?" He ignored her attempt at a joke, Kaladin didn't do humor or parties, not anymore.

At her rather dramatic sigh to his answer he did crack a small smile behind the cloth, though had she been able to see it she would have noticed it was a humorless one. "Yes, I am very well aware of what you mean't, I just don't believe you are in the need to know category for that question. I don't even know who you are nor do I particularly care. I'm not wondering the glade looking for friends or lovers or whatever dalliance you seem to be searching for. So feel free to move along." Kal ended, gesturing for Edrei to be on her way.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
edy

"Nah, I think i'm good." Edy cackled, fixing Kal with a stare. Tapping her foot on the ground to draw his attention downwards , the grass around her suddenly began to lose all of its colour, withering and dying before their eyes. Licking one of her canine teeth with a proud smirk, Edy grinned again.

"Stomping?" Edy repeated with a snort of amusement. "If I was stomping around, whats that say about me being able to sneak up on you then, huh?" Chuckling to herself, the teenager shrugged in response to his actual question. "Just getting a feel for the land. Seems like we're going to be here for a while, so I'd rather know a bit about this place, y'know?"

As he dismissed her question for a second time, Edy rolled her eyes. The mention of not looking for friends or lovers however drew an incredulous smirk from the teenager as well as a rather wolfish grin. Well wasn't he fucking full of himself. "Aww, and here I thought maybe I'd finally found my prince charming." Edy snapped sarcastically, her dark eyes flat. "As surprising as this may be to you, given that I'm just a feeble woman and all who is clearly just roaming around looking for relationships, I asked because there are other people around. And if you were one of those other people, I'd have some questions for you. Again, I know, surprising, seeing as a dalliance is all I could possibly be looking for."

Sure sexism was a thing, especially in Northaven, but that didn't mean Edy had to like it. Once upon a time she was as blue-blooded as the rest of them. That might not matter so much here, and perhaps especially because it didn't, Edy was more or less done being treated like some idiot just because she was rambunctious.

Kaladin
Kaladin Rickshire

Change author:
"If you successfully snuck up on me I wouldn't have blown up the shrubbery around your feet now would I?" He answered back annoyance starting to creep in his voice heavily. His eyes flicked downwards at the ground as color began to seep out and the grass underneath the dark skinned woman's feet began dying. His grip on Godeater tightened slightly and subconsciously got into a ready stance. He wasn't sure if she was using her magic to intimidate him or if she just didn't have much control over it to begin with but he would be damned if he let an attack catch him off guard.

He said nothing to her response about her reasoning for walking around the glade. It was a good enough reason in his book. It was what he himself was doing after all. "Well don't let me keep you from your exploration then. As for the feeble woman part,don't put words into my mouth. Feeble isn't the word I'd use to describe you. Though the more outspoken women I've met such as yourself do tend to be more...promiscuous." He shrugged again eyeing her warily, and perhaps slightly appraisingly.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
edy

Edy laughed brightly. ”Uh huh. That is what someone would say if they were trying to hide the fact that their aim was shit.” Her words might have been confrontational, but the smile on her face and amused twinkle in her gaze suggested she was just fucking around. Like usual.

”Alright fine, you might not have said feeble, but that’s sure as fuck what it sounded like. Why else would you think I’d be out here looking for friends or a fuck?” The mention of promiscuity just made her roll her eyes. Not that either of them could have known it, but Edy would have take great pleasure in the fact that they’d both been with the pretty blonde princess a time or two. That’d probably blow the grump’s mind. Oh well. If only.

”Promiscuous huh.” Edy purred, narrowing her dark eyes and raising a brow. ”Why, is that a problem for you?” Actually Edy was fairly promiscuous. Or at least, Edy liked sex. A lot. And didn’t particularly give a fuck about what her behaviour entailed. Her family might have, but she was discrete. Most of the time anyways. ”I mean, you’re the one all cloaked up out here despite the heat. What’re you, a leper or something?”
Kaladin Rickshire

Change author:
Lips curled back into a sneer at her mocking of his aim. "I'd be more then willing to make a wager on just how good my aim is, you may not be around afterwards to pay up though." He said, starting to spin the ball portion in a small circle. A whooshing sound coming from the ball as it pressed itself through the air over and over again.

Her next words however did confuse him, she thought only feeble people were looking for a fuck? He'd think quite the opposite personally. "I wasn't aware only the weak willed sought after companionship from friends and rolls in the barn. I guess I know that your maidenhood is still intact then. What with all your sarcastic jibs and bluster." he found himself teasing her back though his face didn't hold nearly as much mirth in it as she seemed to have. Why was he still even here, its not like she was preventing him from leaving. Kal could have just turned around and walked away.

In fact he had actually started to move away when her next comment pulled him back in. "No, no problem at all. Who you invite inbetween your legs is of no consequence to me and why does it matter to you? Hoping to catch a glimpse of something while out "exploring" he said and he shot her a raised eyebrow, the metal ball slowly coming to a rest again. He had no idea how this conversation got here, first he was threatening her for showing up here, now he was conversing with her about her sexual habits. There is something wrong with this world he thought in annoyance.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
edy

”Ooooh,” Edy trilled with a wink. “I’m always impressed by an empty threat.” She continued to purr, the grin on her face widening. The Launceleyn girl was a shit to be sure, but she clearly enjoyed it if the shit-eating on her angular features was any indication. She wasn’t actually goading him on, just bullshitting. One of her favourite activities.

’Haaaaaaaaaa.” She brayed, clearly impressed with his sarcasm. Edy’s dark eyes sparkled with mirth. Sure Edy was young, but having her maidenhead intact? Well that was rich.

”Oh you know,” Edy answered with a shrug, skipping half a step towards him as he had begun to move away. Kal could stalk away all he liked; he had a shadow now. “–whole new world to explore, but it always comes back to sex, now doesn’t it?” For Edy’s relatively simplistic world view, that was gospel. At the mention of hoping to catch a glimpse of something, the teenager raised a suggestive brow and cocked a grin. “Why, you got something worth glimpsing?” She purred with another youthful wink.

Carrying little for his stoic or thorny attitude, Edy tried to nudge her shoulder against his jovially. “So. You won’t tell me who you are, if you’re from Northaven, you’re cloaked from head to toe, you say shit like maidenhead...hmmmm.” Narrowing her eyes with playful amusement, Edy shrugged her shoulders. “My guess is....Lord? No. Baron? “
Kaladin Rickshire

Change author:
It would seem that despite the obvious retreat and discomfort/annoyance at her presence he had gained himself a companion for the day. Edy prancing over to him as he made his way back into the forest proper, sunlight becoming speckled as tree branches blotched out huge portions of the sky. Threatening her had done little, being distant and obscure only seemed to entice the dark skinned woman.

At her words Kaladin shrugged "Well, sex is a powerful motivator isn't it?" Wars have been fought, thousands of men killed on battlefields or in dark alleyways all because of who was sleeping with whom." His mind drifted back to Northhaven, to the secret dalliances between the Princess and himself. What sort of chaos could have been wrought had word gotten out that Violet, a married woman, was sleeping with the man who was assigned to protect her? Kaladin shook his head, scattering the memory. They weren't in Northhaven anymore, Violet was long gone.

She bumped with his shoulders in what she must have perceived as a jovial manner though the physical contact sent electricity down his spine. He whipped out a dagger hidden in his sleeve, the steel twinkling as it passed through the sunlight. He flicked his wrist forward towards her neck in an effort at intimidating her. "Sure I have plenty thats worth glimpsing." he growled at her, multi colored eyes fixated on the soft spot right underneath her jawline. If she didn't move or deflect the dagger its blade would be scratching softly at the same spot. "Why are you so concerned with who I am or where I'm from?" he asked his voice dangerously low.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
edy

“You’re not wrong.” Edy conceaded with a happy chuckle. The Launceleyn girl might have been young, but this valuable life lesson she’d learned early. Luckily given that she’d been raised in the family compound there’d been no undue access to her body, shall we say, but as soon as she was allowed out, Edy was all brimstone and hellfire when it came to using her body to exploit those around her, be they men or woman. And if Kal thought that his relationship with Violet had been scandalous, Edy would have had all of Northaven chomping at the bit to hear the details of her rendezvous with the princess. And what if they had learned that the two woman hadn’t been alone? Ahh well. If only such things would come up in conversation, what a funny world it would be.

As Kaladin unsheathed a decidedly different sort of blade to the type Edy had been insinuating and pressed it against her throat, the teenager raised a brow and grinned, revealing a pearly row of white teeth. Leaning into the pressure and causing a small bead of blood to blossom against her dark skin, she looked wolfishly into Kal’s multicoloured stare and smiled wickedly. “Ahh, so I see.” She all but purred, Edy’s sensuality hardly made demure by this act of violence. “I’d be careful where you stick that thing though–“ She continued, a slightly warning in her voice. Raising a fingertip, Edy gently touched the blade. If Kal kept it where it was, she’d use her disintegration magic to minutely begin to to erode the end of the blade. If he kept it at her throat, she’d dissolve the entire fucking thing.

”Oh you know.” She tittered with an exaggerated sigh. “We all get launched out into who knows where. Forgive me for trying to see if you come from the same place that I did.”
Kaladin Rickshire

Change author:
As ruby red blood trickled against the dark skin of her neck a thin prickle of respect nudged at the back of his brain. She was brave, albeit foolishly so, and that was a trait that the former soldier could respect. The tip of the dagger removed itself from her elegant neck and shot back underneath his cuff as quickly as it appeared. "You must get off on danger don't you? A quick flick of my wrist and I'd be watching your blood gurgle and squirt out of your throat, magic or no."

He continued his walk throughout the forest, with no real direction as to where he was going. He assumed the young woman was going to continue following him regardless of what he did to her so he figured he might as well try a different tactic. " You ask for my story yet you don't offer up your own. You've already made it abundantly clear that you are not from this world. So, who are you?" She had said that she was from Northhaven yet he had never seemed to stumble upon her before, perhaps that was due to his own lack of interest in the world around him. So concerned with Violet someone could have probably walked right up to him and run a sword through his chest and he would nary of noticed so long as Violet was there smiling at him.

"Northhaven wasn't a very big place and yet I don't recall ever running into you there. Surely you took time out of all your fucking to annoy people other then me." he said gruffly though if Edy had been paying attention she may have heard a little note of teasing in his voice.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
edy

With a playfully msichevious smile, Edy raised her brows and grinned. “I get off on lots of things.” She purred, any amount of suggestiveness absolutely gone, the sexual energy in her voice briskly obvious. As unabashed as ever, Edy continued. “And I’d much rather the flick of your wrist cause something else to gurgle and squirt.” She countered quickly, her tongue snaking up the side of one of her canine teeth before flashing away in a grin.

Following alongside him as casually as ever, Edy moved with a surprising amount of grace and dexterity for one whose mouth was so boldly brash. “You didn’t ask, now did you?” The teenager interrupted with another one of her trademark too-white smiles.

“Edrei Launceleyn.” She said with a roll of her eyes. Once upon a time she’d been proud to be a Launceleyn, but that was back in Northwind. In Northaven Zariah had driven her family name into the mud and then stomped on it repeatedly. The family was fucked up, their reputation tarnished to all shit. Speaking of, Edy glanced sidelong at Kal, wondering if the’d recognize her surname or not. “I was in the storm guard, but I only came in during the third wave.” She continued with an off-handed shrug of her boney shoulders. “What with all my fucking it’s understandable that I hadn’t run into you yet. But I bet I would have.” Actually, if Edy had continued to hang out with Violet she actually truly might have.

As it was, Edy’s roster of friends mostly included Prince Charles, Bellamy, Koel, and Loren. Quite an impressive array really, but Edy thought little of their titles. They were just the ones who could put up with her.

More or less, anyways.

“So, does that buy me some info on you, or what?” The teenager tittered again, athletically leaping over a log in their path.