Commissions
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 24 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ROANA
I can hardly wait
to see you come of age.
Today, Roana had her gaggle of boys with her. Usually she wouldn't run such errands with them, but since one of the items was for Rhett, her hand was forced. But you'd best bet they had been warned to be on their best behavior. So like good little duckings they followed on their momma's heels in a little row as they entered the Artisans Guild, wide blue eyes looking around with limitless curiousity.

On the other hand their mother's steady blue gaze weeded through the milieu of things to find one person in particular.

"Remi?" she called, just before her eyes landed on him. She started towards him and the triplets followed with only a slight delay. "Boys, say hello to Mr. Remi."

"Hello, Mr. Remi!" they said in chipper unison.

"I hope you don't mind us dropping by unannounced...but I was hoping there might be some things I could commission from you." Roana said.
But I guess we'll have to be patient,
'cause it's a long way to go.
CORMAC RHETT & JAX
Table base and considerable assistance from Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

R E M I

Though the world was still mostly bathed in darkness, the places that the alchemist knew well had begun to firm up their details. Strands of silver and white added contrast that made the space infinitely easier to navigate. Remi was still effectively blind, but at least he wasn't as properly stunted by this fact as he was before.

At the sound of his name, Remi's tangle of curls rose from the workstation he was seated at, pale eyes scanning around the various other benches. Grinning at the bright sound of his name intoned in three different voices, Remi set down what he was working on, squinting into the darkness slightly. "Roana?" He asked thoughtfully, making out the ex-captain as well as three young boys standing behind her.

"Hallo you three." He said, peering around the soldier, before turning his gaze back up towards her. "Of course. Anything you like. Please, have a seat." He said gesturing towards the bench just in front of them.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Age: 35 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ROANA
I can hardly wait
to see you come of age.
Roana smiled and sat, the sound of her three boys clambering up onto the bench echoing in the room. She just sighed and shook her head. Someday she would know what quiet was again. Someday. "Thank you, Remi. First thing first, Rhett here needs some glasses. Ronin said you would probably be able to make him some?" she said hopefully.

"Yeah, when I look at stuff it's fuzzy but especially when it's really far away." Rhett piped up, sounding very practiced and older than he was. He had never really baby talked though, and Roana had rehersed what he was going to say to make sure it was comprehensible to someone other than her.

"And...well I am wondering if you could make a silver ring as well?" Roana asked. Those precious metals were scarce in the Hollowed Grounds, so magic did seem the only solution.
CORMAC RHETT & JAX
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

R E M I

"Of course." The alchemist agreed with an easy bob of his head. Glancing towards the sound of Rhett's voice, Remi smiled. "Ahh, well we cannot have that." He chuckled. "Alright. First thing is first—" Creating a piece of paper before him and reaching for some charcoal, Remi scribbled a number of letters and numbers in various sizes. Handing it towards one of the other triplets, Remi turned and pointed towards one of the far walls. "Can one of you place it there, so Rhett has something to look at?"

Turning back to Rhett, a pair of lenses suddenly appeared in his hands. "Put these on, and look over at the chart. I will change the lenses slowly. Let me know when things come into view." Glancing up at Roana for permission (she was cast in various shades of grey, but he thought he could make out her expression well enough), Remi would wait for the boy to look and then proceed. Slowly using transmutation he'd adjust the prescription of the lens until they were properly suited for Rhett's eyes.

"A ring?" Remi repeated, slightly distracted. "Planning on proposing to someone?" He asked with a wry chuckle, before nodding.
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
ROANA
I can hardly wait
to see you come of age.
"Woah that was neat!" Rhett said as the glasses appeared in Remi'a hands before his very eyes. While he carefully put them on his face with some assistance from Roana, Cormac quietly took the paper and hurried to the far wall, putting it up just as Remi instructed. Rhett stared at it, a little gasp of surprise escaping his lips as the letters began to focus. "I can see the big ones! That big one is a T and the other is a E!" he said.

Roana laughed at the idea she was proposing to someone. "No, no, far from it. Ludo is making me something, and they require a silved ring." she explained.
CORMAC RHETT & JAX
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

"Well done! What about the smaller letters?" Remi coaxed, his magic slowly seeping into the lenses to reshape them as needed based on what the boy indicated.

Glancing towards Roana, Remi offered her a mischievously sunny grin. The mention of Ludo sobered his expression a bit, but nevertheless, the nodded. "Ahh. Does there need to be anything special about it? Any particular size?"
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
ROANA
I can hardly wait
to see you come of age.
Rhett squinted, trying to see the little letters better. ”Rhett. Don’t squint, that defeats the purpose of the glasses.” Roana said. ”Sorry, momma…” Rhett said quickly, stopping at once. Slowly but surely the letters came into view, and he started to laugh. {/b}{/i}”Okay so…that’s a P and that’s a D and that’s an O and then it’s 7, 8, 9!”{/b}{/i} Rhett said, his little chest puffing up with pride. ”Yeah! Good job, Rhett!” Jax cheered, clapping his hands.

Roana considered Remi’s questions. ”I suppose it will need to fit on one of my fingers…but they just said a silver ring… and a vial of Ascended blood but I doubt you can conjure that up.” she said with a light laugh. No, that would be the far more difficult thing to obtain, but she had a few ideas.
CORMAC RHETT & JAX
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

Chuckling under his breath at hearing Roana's motherly-voice, Remi stifled a grin and tried to give the boy a properly serious look. He couldn't manage it of course, succeeding only in winking playfully at him. As the numbers and letters apparently came into focus for the boy, the alchemist laughed out loud and nodded. "Well done. Now all you have to remember to do is remove them before you play with your brothers so that they do not break." He added with a chuckle.

"Any finger in particular?" Remi asked, holding out a hand for Roana to place hers into. The mention of ascended blood made him noticeably pause, though he didn't ask after it. Whatever Ludo needed or wanted all of this for...it was surely not something he would ever understand, if there even was a point to all of it.
e had a few ideas.
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
ROANA
I can hardly wait
to see you come of age.
”Oh yeah, momma said she would kills us all if I broke these.” Rhett said very seriously. Roana sighed and shook her head. She hadn’t so much as said that as {/i}implied{/i} it. ”What do you say to Mr. Remi, Rhett? she prompted, trying to get the boy to remember some basic manners. ”Oh. Thank you, Mr. Remi!” Rhett said brightly, before clambering back up onto the bench. Cormac returned as well, carefully placing the paper back on Remi’s desk. ”Here is your paper back, sir.” he said politely.

The former Captain held out her hand for Remi, tilting her head as she considered. ”I suppose it doesn’t matter too much. My middle finger perhaps.” she said with a light shrug, picking one randomly. Such a simple ring wouldn’t get in the way of her grip on her sword so it didn’t terribly matter which finger it whent on.
CORMAC RHETT & JAX
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

"Well, I will let you in on a secret—" Remi leaned forward, purposefully turning his back on Roana as if what he was about to tell the boys was quite scandalous indeed. "I am very good at fixing things. So if you ever do break something, before your mother kills you for it, pop by here first and we will see if I cannot fix it instead."

Chuckling at the boy's impromptu politeness, Remi grinned and nodded.

Gently taking Roana's fingers into his own, he narrowed his eyes as he tried to focus. His hands were well-calloused by still smooth, and though his grasp of her was confident there was nothing untoward in the way his fingers wandered around hers. Nodding, Remi placed a finger against the ex-captain's middle finger, and a ring of silver appeared around it. Once it was a complete loop, Remi moved it back and forth experimentally to ensure that it wasn't too tight.
Roana Steadman
Soldier

Change author:
ROANA
I can hardly wait
to see you come of age.
Roana merely raised a brow as Remi turned his back on her to face the boys, a small smirk playing on her lips. She trusted whatever he said to them was fine enough. Besides, they needed some male figures in their lives she thought that they could get on with. Remi's offer did indeed entice the boys, their eyes growing wide, sneaky grins curving their lips as they snickered. "Thank you, Mr. Remi! they whispered in unison to the alchemist.

Officially on the cool adult list, good on you Remi!

It was Roana's turn to watch in amazement as the ring appeared on her finger. Remi would find it fit perfectly, snug enough it wouldn't fall off, but not so snug she wouldn't be able to pull it off. "That is quite the gift you've got there Remi. What would you like in repayme t for all of this?" she asked.
CORMAC RHETT & JAX
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:

R E M I

Offering the ex-captain a bashful shrug at her compliment, immediately he shook his head. "Oh no, nothing at all. I am happy to help." He said, his words as genuine and deep-rooted as was his humbleness. His magic was a gift after all, why not use it to make gifts for others?

Besides, in this world where money did not exist and where, he hoped, he wouldn't need to buy favours from his friends, he really saw no point.