Open | A Thoughtful Glass
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Age: 41 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Sassmeister Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
It had been a few days now, a few days since he'd 'arrived' here. Arrived in an unknown land, with unknown people who went about in an unknown way of life. So far, in his quest to return back to where he'd come from, a place so much grander than here, so much larger with technological marvels that would make the standard Hollowed Ground resident tremble in awe, he'd not succeeded in anything he'd set out to do. Find a way to contact where he'd come from? No. Find out how he got here? No. Find out how he could get back? Absolutely no. So he had resigned himself to waiting, waiting for something to crop up, a lead to push him in the right direction, all while sitting alone at a table with a few chairs, everyone so far tending to steer clear of the table with the man who's permanent scowl and surly demeanour made people give him a rather wide berth.

He'd found this place on his visit to the Temple, the time he'd been so unsure where everything was he'd practically stumbled upon it while wandering the streets, it provided warmth and a place to collect ones thoughts in the presence of the so called 'gods', an idea he didn't buy. Divine beings who could communicate with you? Nonsense. It called seemed too... primitive, too superstitious, and he didn't like it at all, but thankfully venturing downwards he'd come across this place, the Rathskeller, a haven, to simply sit, and ponder and so he did.

Weather or not he was in the possession of a drink didn't matter, he had seen no system or currency to even purchase anything, this place seemed to run on barter and trade. Such a system wasn't awful, but it wasn't what he was use to. No, he merely sat for now, counting away the minutes, the hours... while his mind worked, thinking of a plan, something to help him navigate this place.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
The bartender (who is actually the owner, and left-hand of the queen, as it turns out), is pretending to clean something behind the bar. Actually she'd just slopping around a cloth with all the effort of a child who has been given an unfulfilling task to complete. Eventually her work is halted by a bobcat kitten that pounces into her line of view, plops down, and errantly begins to attack the cloth. "How can I say no to you? What a shame. I was really enjoying cleaning." The Launceleyn mage said to the kitten with a smirk, before flinging the cloth over the feline and glancing around the bar .

Spotting Eli sat as he was with a face looked made to brood, Edy raised a brow. Smirking to herself, the girl slunk over with all the grace of a predator, but with a mischevious twinkle in her eyes.

"What's your poison? I'll steal it for you from behind the bar if y'like."
you and me been catching on like a wildfire

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Age: 41 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
It took a second for him to register he was being spoken to, as if the sheer thought of someone talking to him was unheard of. His mismatched eyes bound upward, pausing at her face. He eyed her for a moment, her words pushing a small smirk onto his lips.

You got beer? Ain't got shit to barter with so don't even ask me.

He sniffed, eyes scanning the Rathskeller with cold indifference. Clearly he wasn't much of a conversationalist, nor did he like to be, though she was being civil so for now, he reciprocated. Part of him disliked the fact his train of thought had been interrupted, but another part was thankful to speak to someone, even for a moment.

You work here or you just a thief? The question appeared quite serious, the gruff, monotone words leaving little room for humour, though... there was a slight grin plastered on that weathered face of his
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"It wouldn't be stealing if I asked you to pay for it, now would it?" Edy quipped back instantly, a youthful smirk bright on her dark features. Turning to get said beer, the mage cocked an ear over her shoulder and raised a brow. 'D'you really care?" She asked, a smile that bordered on a predatory snarl on her red lips as she strolled back to the bar.

Leaping over it with movement that belayed her experience and athleticism, Edy fumbled around, eventually returning with two glasses. Only there wasn't beer in either of them, but dark and amberish looking liquid.

"So. New kid on the block, come to stew in the local bar?" The dark-eyed woman asked, pulling up a seat across from Eli without bothering to ask whether she could join him.

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Honestly, no he didn't care. He offered her a shrug, waiting for his drink; eyes glancing around yet again; he'd positioned himself so, that he had a sweeping view of the entrance and the rest of the bar, whether that was down to habit or some ingrained instinct it was hard to tell, yet it gave him enough ease that he was about to be sneaked up on that he could relax, at least a little. As she approached he eyed the two glasses. What, was she joining- oh no, yes she was. He heaved a disgruntled sigh as she sat, placing two glasses in front of each of them. "Did I say I wanted company?"

The drink wasn't beer, it look more like a spirit, he eyed it suspiciously before looking back to her. "Something like that, not sure if it matters. This suppose to be beer, or you just trying to annoy me." he asked flatly, he wanted beer- he missed beer, but this was... something else. Tentatively, he picked up the glass, giving it a sniff, trying to discern what exactly he had been given.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy didn't seem put off in the least. "Dunno, didn't ask, did I?" She countered with a smirk.

Again, Edy merely shrugged, raising the amber liquid to her lips. "Ehhh I'm getting old. These ears ain't what they used to be." She quipped, tapping her ears to sell the lie. Only it wasn't, not really. Edy didn't look a day over 18, and if she was lacking anything, it sure as fuck wasn't hearing. "Besides, the ale here tastes like bear urine. And, considering it's brewed by a fucking bear.." Edy licked her teeth and rolled her shoulders, letting Eli draw his own conclusions.

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
Putting the glass to his lips, he took a sip. Well- it wasn't beer, that was for sure, but he made the best of a bad situation, taking another sip. It was something. He placed the glass down and looked at her, eyes betraying a hint of curiosity. He didn't ask about the urine, though who could blame him.

"You are?" He asked dryly, the drink had clearly not managed to soothe his tone at all, but what could you do. A hand ran up to his darkened hair, pushing back a stray strand that had somehow gone rogue, dangling away like a stray blade of grass.

He wasn't quite sure why he wasn't more annoyed by the fact she'd come over and just struct up conversation, though he assumed he was simply too tired of simply trying to get people to leave him alone, it seemed like a futile attempt so what was the point anymore?

Picking up the glass again, he gazed at the liquid housed within, his mind still clearly dwelling on something other than the present.

Age: 31 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: kore Offline
Change author:
Upon entering the Rathskeller, Edrei Launceleyn was all that the witch could see, and she certainly lived up to what she had heard. She'd come not for the ply alcohol or good company, however. She had smelled what they drank here and had no interest in trying it herself, thinking it better suited to stripping paint than being enjoyed, and though good company was fine she had found quite a lot of it in Caido and felt more awkward than anything setting foot in the cellar-turned-tavern.

The limp, though definitive of her gait, was manageable and she moved rather confidently toward the bartender, glancing briefly at the man she'd joined at the table, a flush rising in her cheeks as she wondered if perhaps she were interrupting something, gazing darting back to Edy. Nearing the table, Mel cleared her throat. "Ahem- Hand Launceleyn?" Shuffling to a halt her gaze drifted back to the man at the table as well, eyes widening with the shock of recognition. Immediately, her gaze jumped back to Edy, her right hand gently tapping the point between her eyes three times, the gesture disguised by sweeping her hair back from her forehead as an afterthought. "Sorry to intrude, do you mind if I join you? Can I take this seat?" She placed a hand on the one nearest her, next to Edy, flashing a small, somewhat nervous smile.

Charming.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"Edy." The fire-mage answered simply. There was a time, another world, where no one needed to ask who she was, so prolific were the Launceleyns. Here that wasn't the case, though with Zariah's recent ascension to the throne and Edy's promotion, the ignorance of her lineage was fewer and farther between. "You?" She asked with a predatory casualness in her dark gaze, her eyes giving the man a quick once over, before turning her attention to the woman who'd suddenly strolled over.

Her eyes strayed over Mel far longer and with distinctively more appreciation than they had Eli, the Launceleyn raising a curious brow. With a bit of a groan at the barrage of questions, Edy picked up her glass and drained the contents, setting it down with a decided slam. "You do you, honey bunch." The Launceleyn drawled, dark eyes narrowed somewhat.

Coding base by Sky!
Eli Monnrow
Mercenary

Change author:
His mouth opened to push out a reply when he stopped, eyeing Mel. A sneer crept onto his lips, breath being exhaled slowly. What was she doing here? His gaze looked back down to the glass, staring at its contents as a finger tapped idly on the side as he was weighing up if he should actually take a sip.

He finally spoke, voice pushing between the two. "The name's Monnrow." He raised the glass, taking a sip.

It seemed a little suspicious that Mel had just shown up like this- though from the title, clearly Edy was important? Bah, he didn't care. Edy wasn't important to him, and anyone else's opinion didn't much matter.

Maybe Mel had actually just wanted to talk to Edy and Edy had just so happened to be talking to him, but... his tranquil peace had been ruined, and he bitterly dwelt on that fact.

Age: 31 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: kore Offline
Change author:
Edy's wandering gaze made her feel a pang of self-consciousness wash over her as she offered a thin smile, feeling the desire to curl in on herself like paper to flame. She had been too forward with her approach, Edy's narrowing gaze making her withdraw from the slam of the glass. Blinking, she realized she had fallen back a step and pursed her lips in annoyance.

Quickly her expression shifted to one more friendly and apologetic. "Apologies. I didn't realize you had a guest." She gestured to Eli over her shoulder with an open palm. "Maybe another day." She glanced up, peering around, then at Eli again as if judging the lighting before shaking her head and limping back out again.

She was grateful to escape the stench of alcohol.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"Sounds like a type of fish." Edy commented with a mischevious cackle, though she stored the man's name away for future reference. There was a time she'd not have given two fucks about it, handsome warrior's face or not. But those times were well and truly in her past now. Left hand of the queen and all that, as this slight and pale-faced beauty had just pointed out.

"I don't." Edy chimed brightly, grinning unapologetically at Mel. The eye patch, the slant to her stance hardly seemed to catch the fire-mage's eye. Instead her dark gaze slithered over the lines of her cheek bone, the bone-china of her skin. And then the girl was gone, just as suddenly and randomly as she came.

Turning back to Eli, eyes narrowed and a brow cocked Edy snorted under her breath. "Well that was something."

Coding base by Sky!