By Any Other Name
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Bastien
That old celestial circus
With teeth and fingernails I'll carve a place, you'll see.

Bastien had not had a lot of luck with talking to The Voice since his Ascension, but he knew that being a God here was likely a rather busy job. Unlike the God of his world, that had been assumed to be everywhere at once, the Gods here actually seemed to get caught up in happenings and events. It supported his belief that they were more like a more powerful race than truly divine beings, raised his hopes he may one day join them.

Regardless, he very much wanted to speak to The Voice. For counsel, and for a request. She didn't seem the kind to want offerings, so he simply walked to the shrine and knelt, dipped his head.

"Mia madre d'oro, I would appreciate a chance to share in your wisdom. Since I have joined your ranks I have felt the benefits of your blessings tenfold, and I hope to continue our relationship."

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the VOICE
"My bright star." Her words were soft and warm, suffused with pride and love. Before Bastien the Voice appeared, prisms of light catching against her hovering form, casting rainbows upon the Temple floor.

Bastien would feel, thrumming throughout his system, a great sense of calm, of being wanted, of belonging, and she drifted down before him to cup his cheeks in her small hands.

"How busy we have both been, indeed," she said. "Speak and I will listen, Bastien."

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Bastien

Bastien smiled wide as The Voice appeared, gladly letting her take his jaw in her hands and looking up into her face. Strange, he thought, that one that looked like a child could seem so wise, so motherly. "There are two matters. Firstly I...was wondering of your opinion and advice on the ah..'Queen' situation unfolding in the Hollowed Grounds. What do you think is the best way to proceed? She does not seem to be misaligning our people yet, but with her renaming of races and favouritism...I fear it is not long before it happens."

He frowned for a moment. "I am...not sure if you know the future. But I know you to be wise. So I would like to know what it is you would reccommend I do about it." With that said, he leaned back and looked off, holding his arm in a motion surprisingly lacking in confidence. "The other matter...you know of Rexanna. I know she is..Abandoned. And that you do not care for her kind. But I love her fiercely, and I wanted to know if there was any way to Ascend her. So that we might stay together in the fullness of time."

Change author:
the VOICE
There was a distinct sharpness to the smile that she turned on Bastien at the mention of the new Queen of the Hollowed Grounds, though it was clear that no ill will was intended towards her Ascended. "A child playing at power," she soothed him. "My advice to you is to ignore it, bright one. Ignore it if you can, and rise above it if you cannot." She tsked, as though Zariah were a minor annoyance.

"Let the Old Gods concern themselves with the Abandoned upstart. The more their attention is on her, the less they will turn their scrutiny upon us, no? The girl is arrogant, and her bark is worse than her bite." And she did not seem to be worthy of the Voice's attention. That much seemed clear.

As for the second matter... Static eyes widened a fraction, interest and intrigue sparking through them. "Bastien, we are Ascended," she said softly. "We make ways where there were none before. Should she truly wish to become bright, I am sure there is something we may be able to do. And she does seem to prefer to align herself with our kind. She and Lucas appear to be on good terms."

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien

Bastien nodded at her assessment of Zariah, feeling an odd kind of peace come over him at his Goddesses' words. If she was so calm about the 'Queen', perhaps he did not have that much to worry about. She seemed wiser than he, so he suddenly felt it would likely work out. "Thank you for your wise words."

Nothing could prepare him for the barrage of emotions he felt in the next moment. He had honestly expected a hard no from The Voice, for her to offended he had even asked such a thing at all. For her to say it was possible...he felt such relief, and joy. Then they were taken away in an instant, his blood running cold (metaphorically) as she mentioned Lucas.

His shock showed for a second, then he swallowed it, decided to speak to Rexanna about it later. It was not a matter that could distract from what was at hand. "That is...amazing news, madre. Do..." He laughed a little, shook his head. "I was so sure it would not be possible that I did not think I would actually get to ask questions. But...Dio, I have questions. What happens when two bright people bite each other? And...can...can two of us..have a child together? I feel that may be important to Rexanna."

Change author:
the VOICE
The Voice bowed her head in a nod at his thanks, as if to assure him that her advice cost nothing. And whilst she was very aware of the flare in his passions at hearing of his lady's meetings with one of her other bright ones, it was hardly something she cared to get involved with. Those kinds of predicaments were all too mortal, in her opinion. Perhaps one day she ought to do something about it...?

Bastien's questions, luckily, drew her attention back to the Ascended who stood before her, and her smile brightened into sparks and static that danced on the air around them. "Sustenance is impossible, should one Ascended bite another - as you can likely understand," she explained. "However, the transfer of power is possible in this way. For instance, if you were to gain the animal form of an Attuned, and a fellow Ascended should feed upon you... that power would leave you and become theirs."

As for the child...

"It has never been done," she said simply. "But that is not to say it cannot be done. No Ascended can carry a child in the traditional sense, but that is not to suggest that a child with your combined genetics cannot be made."

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien

The Voice's answer was interesting, but it was not quite the answer Bastien had been looking for. He nodded, but laughed a little and looked off. "I see..but that is not quite what I meant. I am sure you know when I bite someone it gives them ah...pleasure. If two Ascendeds bite each other, do they both feel that? I would not like to lose our way of making love."

He nodded when she told him of the child. It was enough, at least for him; hopefully it would satisfy Rexanna. The idea of a child terrified him really, no matter how it came about, but he had seen the shine in her eyes when she had spoken of her past children. Bastien was not a fool, and he could see it was likely going to be something that would come up in his future.

And as much as it scared him...it excited him too.

"Thank you. I am humbled to be so well treated. There must be something you wish your disciple to carry out for you?"

Change author:
the VOICE
Whilst amusement crackled in the air around the Voice, there was hardly a flicker in her expression. Making love and pleasure were so dreadfully mortal, and it was only the knowledge that seeking pleasure also led to results that had spurned her to allow her Ascended to feel that much with a bite.

"Yes," she said indulgently to Bastien, smirking. "The act remains the same even though you are both Ascended. I merely advise that you are careful." Drinking each other dry and dying were good ways to get into her bad books.

Arching an eyebrow as he offered to do something for her, the Voice spread her hands. "Bright one, you have offered the chance to introduce an Abandoned into our midst. You have already given plenty."

Coding base by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
Bastien

Bastien nodded with a smile, thrilled to hear that their bite would still affect their emotions the same way. While it would be difficult (though not impossible) to bite each other at the same time, he was excited to experiment with their teeth, when they both had them.

He wasn't sure he was doing enough - not when he compared it to the devotion of the priests back home, or his own temple for Safrin in the past. But The Voice insisted, so he simply dipped his head. "Then I thank you. I may be back one day with Rexanna. Until then...I shall not take more of your time."

Change author:
the VOICE
"Let us hope that is the case. Until next time, Bastien." Providing that he didn't need to replenish himself with her, the Voice would flash the Ascended a truly pleased smile, before stepping back and winking out of existence. Around him, the Temple would seem quiet and serene, and yet heavy with the weight of excitingnew possibilities.

Coding base by Sky!