my heart stumbles on things I don't know
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
”A miracle then.” Phoebe said with a smile, regarding his eyes. Frey probably would have given her a more technical answer, after rolling their eyes at the absurdity of miracles given their perspective as a god, but for now it was a suitable explanation.

Phoebe ignored the hiss of pain, knowing it would only last a moment before the cream took effect, and it was unavoidable. But she did feel a bit bad for him. His answer to her question made her sigh, a frown curving her lips. ”Nobility are the same everywhere. Selfish and impatient.” she mumbled, irritated on his behalf, which showed in the slight puff of her cheeks. ”I’m sorry, Remi. I’ll make sure you get all good and patched up.”

She put away the mortar and pestle once the burn was fully covered in the cream. Then she pulled out a second ointment from a nearby supply closet. This contained various herbs used to prevent infection and soothe pain and swelling. ”Like I am painted? Well, you get the privilege of seeing my one and only portrait then!” she said with a bright grin, applying the second salve to his wound.

But the conversation turned sour once more, and despite Remi’s attempts to not speak terribly ill of Emmett, she couldn’t bring any levity to the situation. ”Well good to know he only says such ill things of me directly to my face and not behind my back. Because he did say those things you know.” she said, her tone clipped and hurt. She let Remi hold her hand, frowning as she stared at the ground. ”If he loved me, he would have tried to work it out. But he didn’t.” she said quietly, looking over at her…brother. Remi was her brother. Plain and simple. ”I would have sat there all night hashing it out, trying to find some common ground. But because I didn’t agree with him right away, he chose to walk away.” she said voice steady, but her eyes conveying what she felt: hurt, sadness, heartbreak, betrayal. ”You don’t just walk away like that if you love someone. You fight to the bitter end. He didn’t even try. He never loved me.” she said, just above a whisper, eyes welling with tears.
Cause getting your dreams
It's strange, but it seems
A little - well - complicated
There's a kind of a sort of : cost
There's a couple of things get: lost
There are bridges you cross
You didn't know you crossed
Until you've crossed
And if that joy, that thrill
Doesn't thrill you like you think it will
Still, why am I not happier?

Messages In This Thread