my heart stumbles on things I don't know
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe wiped her hands on a rag once the salve was applied, sighing at Remi’s words. For a time she fell silent, sitting there next to him as the salved soaked in a little so she could more easily apply a bandage to his chest. Eventually she rose from the bed and rummaged around for some bandages, returning to Remi’s side once she found them. But she didn’t move to place them on yet, clearly lost in her own mind. But at length, she looked back up at him again, lips still curved in an uncharacteristic frown.

”Last time we spoke of Emmett, you said I had not thought things through, that I was being short-sighted and idiotic.” she said, to frame what she was about to say. ”So this time, I am trying to be rational and…mature about it.” she said, looking down at her hands again for a moment. Her eyes welled with tears briefly, indicating that whatever was to come next was very difficult for her to admit.

”If his solution to every disagreement or argument we have is to walk away, it will never work.” she said, looking up at Remi with glassy eyes. ”So say I wait a few weeks and in that time we manage to work things out and make-up. Then we have another argument over something and the same thing happens and this just repeats itself forever; what if we had children? He gets mad and so he leaves for a few weeks?” she pressed her lips together and took a deep breath in through her nose, trying to calm herself down. An errant tear started to roll down her cheek and she quickly wiped it away. ”He doesn’t love me. He loves the idea of me…the idea of who I was. I don’t want to just blindly accept whatever a man tells me is truth anymore. I should be respected enough to find my own and have differences and that be fine – or at least enough respect to be worth taking the time to talk it all through. Emmett wants who I used to be, the quiet girl, ready to be the perfect moldable wife, unquestioning, without thought. That is what this proved, didn’t it?” she said, looking back up at Remi, eyes hazy with tears.

”It isn’t right for him to hold the security of our relationship over my head so that I will agree with him, and that is exactly what that all is.” she whispered.
Cause getting your dreams
It's strange, but it seems
A little - well - complicated
There's a kind of a sort of : cost
There's a couple of things get: lost
There are bridges you cross
You didn't know you crossed
Until you've crossed
And if that joy, that thrill
Doesn't thrill you like you think it will
Still, why am I not happier?

Messages In This Thread