my heart stumbles on things I don't know
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
She made no effort to move away, in fact she scooted closer, letting her head lightly rest on his shoulder as he tried to reason with her. Phoebe would not argue with his points. She agreed men were slow. He was young. Communication issues didn’t help. But did any of it make-up for what he did? Moreover what he didn’t do? Her heart was hurting, and his words and actions had cut her deeply enough to have her questioning everything.

”Is that really what he did?”

”It feels like it.” she said, falling back on what Frey had once told her. It didn’t matter so much if it technically was or was not, but that she felt he had that was important. She closed her eyes, trying to think back to the conversation. ”I disagreed with him. I said I didn’t think the things Zariah laid out were that terrible, and that I didn’t think it mattered much anyways because someone like me or him trying to do anything will just get us killed.” she said, still feeling like the pragmatic nature of her statements made some sense. Clearly Zariah was willing to viciously attack those who did not follow her letter to the nth degree.

”Then he said that meant I was cowardly and that I couldn’t be trusted to watch his siblings because I would just hand them over to her and he felt like he just needed to leave until the whole Queen thing blowed over and to come find him if I needed him. I told him that I didn’t want him holding the relationship over my head like that so either end it or talk it out. I thought he was going to but as soon as I disagreed with him he just left. He didn’t even try to work it out.” she said swallowing a lump in her throat. ”The same thing happened the last time we fought. I was mad because he said awful things about Outlanders, and he just kept saying I didn’t understand until I relented and forgave him.”
Cause getting your dreams
It's strange, but it seems
A little - well - complicated
There's a kind of a sort of : cost
There's a couple of things get: lost
There are bridges you cross
You didn't know you crossed
Until you've crossed
And if that joy, that thrill
Doesn't thrill you like you think it will
Still, why am I not happier?

Messages In This Thread