my heart stumbles on things I don't know
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe didn’t know the extent of Zariah’s wrong doings, though it was especially clear now that she was far from a benevolent monarch. Her eyes fell to the wound on Remi’s chest, soaking in the ointment she had placed on it. ”The violence, the threats, and yet what tools have I to change any of it?” she said quietly. It wasn’t necessarily about liking the Queen or the situation for the midwife, it was about making the best of a situation she had no power to alter. There was nothing she could do. ”I can do more good if I quietly obey than if I fight the injustices. It is where I am most useful.” She wasn’t strong. She wasn’t a fighter. She was a healer – and if she could just get by undetected, she just might be able to assist those who had the strength to fight back.

Perhaps Emmett’s words had simply been a moment of anger, and she could forgive that. It was the walking away, knowing what it meant, she wasn’t sure she could forgive.

Her frown deepened as Remi spoke, a few tears rolling down her cheeks. ”I don’t want that to be true.” she said quietly. ”I don’t…why am I not worth fighting for then? Why am I not enough?” she said, just above a whisper, pulling her lower lip between her teeth.
Cause getting your dreams
It's strange, but it seems
A little - well - complicated
There's a kind of a sort of : cost
There's a couple of things get: lost
There are bridges you cross
You didn't know you crossed
Until you've crossed
And if that joy, that thrill
Doesn't thrill you like you think it will
Still, why am I not happier?

Messages In This Thread