Personal Quest Poor Unfortunate Souls
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

It was about damned time that this meeting took place. Word of mouth seemed the best (and only) way to get anyone in this gods forsaken place to show up anywhere, and so that was what Lucas had done. And he had gathered them - happy to walk in the moral grey between right and wrong (at the very least) and without any ties to anyone important. Well... apart from one. But that was precisely the point about her.

The door to his home would be open, lit with candles and lanterns so that his guests could actually see, whilst he stood before a table. Upon the table, naturally, was wine - lots of wine - as well as some parchment and ink.

"Thank you for coming," he said once they had all arrived, seated themselves and gotten comfortable. "As you may or may not know, we are now under the rule of the glorious Queen Zariah Launceleyn. Now... whilst this would usually be a cause for concern for the likes of us, I think the fact that she is known as the Merciless really says it all."

Lucas grinned. "I imagine you might be wondering what I mean by the likes of us. All of us around this table have a particular set of skills, though they might not have much in common. I believe if we put our minds together, we might have the making of the sort of establishment that might be of great use to Her Majesty."

Because killing, spying, thieving and running rings around the law were all very valuable skills, mostly for very bad people.

This is a closed PQ to set up The Devil's Advocates - an underground criminal operation that is very happy to make a deal with you. Yes, you!

Please feel free to have your character enter and give their two cents.

1. Edrei
2. Adam
3. Ezra
4. Sunjata
LUCAS
don't you know there ain't no devil

it's just god when he's drunk

Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
making bad decisions is my middle name
After finally coming to terms with his arrival here, Lucas having helped him understand, there was a part of him that enjoyed the company of a man like himself. And so when he hears about this little get together, he makes it a point to come. He still has yet to learn the inner workings of this world, having come from such a different one, he’s pleased to know that he’s not alone in how he thinks. Lucas had been that much, at least. And if there’s others like him, that stray away from the laws that govern lands, he’s willing to check it out. He’s not attached here by any means, not like home. Not like when he was the prized son of the main House of Judgement. He never quite made great decisions that were lawful and just.

Perhaps that’s partially why he finds himself here, dressed in a tight black shirt and a pair of pants, unable to have found anything better in his scavenging. He doesn’t want handouts, but he does want to look presentable. And so he does his best to keep as much of his routine the same as he can. The only differences being the world and the people around him. Much of everything else is the same, including this meeting. And he arrives on time and well put together despite having just arrived, steel eyes glinting on the lights that Lucas had put up in the otherwise gloomy room.

He grabs a glass of wine after nodding his head in greeting to Lucas before he finds his seat, leaning back in it as far as he can go to listen to the spiel, though his eyes drift toward the others that gather with a curious gleam in his eyes. He has no qualms with what Lucas has said, but he remains quiet to see what the others would prefer to do. Jata has experience in all of them, just nothing specific, and so he waits for a brief moment, waiting, before deciding. “I oversaw much of the structure of things where I’m from, so if you have someone for everything else I can at least to that.” He chuckles, raising his wine glass slightly before taking a deep swig of it.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:

Adam
Adam sauntered in, not sure what exactly Lucas had planned. But from their last conversation, he was sure it would be something he would want to be involved in. The dark surroundings of night and the candles only helped to add to the mystique of the whole thing, Adam feeling like a true cool sexy rogue as he stepped through the door.

He leaned against the far wall and listened to Lucas' speech. The others...he recognised Edy and Ezra, neither of whom he'd pegged as up for criminal activity (because that had to be what this was, right?) but they were both pretty, so he was happy to be on a team with them.

When Lucas was done speaking, he asked: "So, get on with it. What are we gonna do with our skills?" In a joking tone.

At least everyone is trying, everyone is shining
Everyone deserves the flames but it's such a shame
Rathskeller Owner

Age: 27 | Height: 6' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
Ezra

I like it when you take control
Even if you know that you don't
Criminal activity isn't exactly on your resume of skills, but hey, when a handsome man calls you are obligated to answer. Especially when that handsome man seems like one of the only people in this tragic shithole interested in making thing marginally less shitty.

And did I mention that he's handsome? Your kryptonite, baby.

You head into Lucas's little hideaway with your head held high, your long hair pulled back into a sleek ponytail. For once you're wearing something that could charitably be called normal, a long black coat and long black skirt and boots and nothing else. With a gracious bow to Lucas - you're not a heathen, after all - you settle into one of the chairs and select a glass of wine, letting yourself enjoy the view, listening to the whatever he is talk.

Lucas gives a stirring speech, and others reply in turn, but your attention remains on your Lord the blond. You're a good little puppy, fond of direction, happy just to have a role. Crossing your legs and leaning back, you tilt your head to look at the one who's dressed like a pirate, an appreciative glint in your eye. "Why, darling, unless I'm very much mistaken - we're going to be in charge."
Coding base by Sky!
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Still slightly sulky, Edy had surprisingly little to say. Instead, she merely moved to drape herself languidly across Ezra 's shoulders, her long fingers plucking at an errant string on whatever the fuck strange fashion choice he'd decided to wear, as her other hand slunk down his chest.

"So much fabric." She whispered in his ear, her shit-eating grin colouring her words boldly. Making clothing disintegrate was no more than a parlour trick really, but it was one that Edy oh-so enjoyed.
you and me been catching on like a wildfire

Coding base by Sky!
Lucas Copperhead

Age: 38 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Lucas inclined his head to Sunjata and tipped his glass in the man's direction; he had known as much, and having someone like that on side was infinitely useful. As to the rest of them... well, Ezra had the right of it in one well crafted sentence, much as he had expected. "Ladies." Lucas flashed an indulgent grin to both Ezra and Edrei. "I'm sure there will be time for that later."

Turning to the rest of the group, he spread his hands and motioned to the space around them. "Any good organisation needs a headquarters. This place already has a convenient basement where we might hide our tricks and treats, so I'm of a mind to use it - all of you are welcome to it as a living space as well, of course. I feel a group such as ours ought to blend in. A house like any other, rather than one of those pompous guildhalls. To begin, though, I know all of you. But why don't you share a few of your accolades with your brothers-and-sisters in arms?"

Lucas invites you to blow your own trumpet. (You're welcome, Adam).

No post order!
You have 48 hours.
LUCAS

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Adam
Lucas neglected to greet Adam along with the rest of the guests, which wounded his pride a little. Didn't Lucas see the obvious truth, that Adam was going to be the most valuable player of this operation? He frowned and looked off, grumpily pretending to not care about what Lucas was saying until he heard what they were being asked to do.

Maybe because his pride was hurt, maybe because it was just his nature, Adam immediately stepped forward to extoll his own virtues. "Alright, well if you don't know me I don't know what weird rock you live under, but I'm Adam Pikely. Sometimes been known as Adam motherfucking Pikely, if you wanna give me the right respect." He grinned and looked about his fellow guildmates.

"I've been all kindsa things. A normal thief, a...uh...what's the fancy word...oh yeah, courtesan and for the last few years, highwayman. I can ride a horse better than anyone else, have a great shot and can talk my way out of anything. Anything." He insisted. "To be honest, I'm also just really fucking lucky."

Feeling pleased with this description, he stepped back to let everyone else even try and get somewhere close to his greatness.

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Awww, a sharing circle? How nice.

When Edy had first met Adam she had been rather drawn to him, what with all his talk of guns (or whatever the word he used was), and his dark charm. That little speech though? Compensating...

"Edrei Launceleyn." Edy purred, intertwining her fingers into Ezra's dark hair and taking absolutely none of this seriously, nor making any sort of attempt to get onto the stage that Adam has just verbally erected. "I might be the left-hand of the queen, but my right hand is more than adequate." She drawled, fingernails scraping in what was meant to be pleasurable rivers against Ezra's scalp.

"Loves fire, destroying things, and long walks on the beach." She added, winking at Lucas.

Coding base by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
making bad decisions is my middle name
Others arrive and his steel hues eyes drift from face to face. They land on a man that reminds him of some of those he’d spent time with back home, and he finds the faintest ghost of a smile cross his face. His eyes flit toward the woman and the other man as they enter as well, though Jata does nothing more than sit back in his seat and turn his attention back to Lucas. The man begins to speak, telling them they can use this place as a home and Jata immediately agrees internally. He doesn’t have a home yet, he’s literally just arrived what? A week ago? He’ll take the handout as it’s given.

Still, he sips from the glass of wine as Adam and Edrei introduce themselves, and he looks to them (and Ezra) as he leans forward, resting his forearms on his thighs. “Sunjata Senzaok.” He introduces himself, eyeing Adam briefly. “I’d hazard I’m the newest here, so no I don’t know of an Adam motherfucking Pikely.” He gives Adam a snarky grin before chuckling. “I was the prized son of the commanders of a city of Judges and Judgement. Worked a lot with the law and all that boring shit.” He shrugs leaning back to eye Edrei before Ezra and then Lucas in turn. “Turns out I preferred to break them rather than enforce them. Did all kinds of things you can imagine.” He chuckles, leaning back again to sip from his wine. “And then I appeared in this boring place, so.” He leaves it open ended, as though he were adding a ‘dot, dot, dot.’
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Rathskeller Owner

Age: 27 | Height: 6' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Ezra

You pout up prettily as Edy drapes herself around you, reaching up to run a hand on your gorgeous boss' arm. "I would agree, darling, but I'm afraid I'm running out." As fun as having the strange witch strip you down right here might be, you really need to expand your wardrobe before she dissolves it all.

Oh, but your fearless leader is speaking again, and you turn to him with a patient look, trying to hide the little bit of sulk. "But I want to live in a fancy house." Ah, well. Maybe you'll get your wish some other way.

The others introduce themselves and you listen intently, drinking in the knowledge. So Tall, Dark and Stormy was a courtesan, too? ,Fascinating. You wink at him, and purr at Edy, and wait your turn to speak.

So much preening, so much boasting. Just like the good old days.

"I am Ezra, and I too have filled multiple... Ah... Positions." You shrug expressively. "What I'm best at, though, is pleasing people. And happy people are useful people, wouldn't you agree?" And you'll be useful, if you're kept happy. It's as simple as that.
Coding base by Sky!
Lucas Copperhead

Change author:

Oh but what a lovely little group of miscreants they were. Lucas smiled a cat's smile, taking a long sip of wine (a shame he couldn't taste it, but some habits were hard to break) and leaning against the table. "Well, look at us," he said, his voice low, his tone the ever-so-patient kind. To Adam motherfucking Pikely, he inclined his head and grinned.

"Well then. As our resident procurer of goods, perhaps you could get us more of what we need here. I suggest you ask your fellows here what they might require. For example, I could definitely use a weapon. Highwayman's choice." He winked.

Next he glanced to Sunjata, nodding politely in deference to the other man's skill at slithering out of the law's grasp. "It sounds like you and I ought to work together on some ground rules for the peasants that will be clamouring for our skills," he said, then turned his gaze to Ezra and Edrei.

"If you'd like a fancy house, you are more than welcome to make this one into whatever you will. I'm sure Adam over there will be able to get you what you need. As for our resident firestarter... I'm sure you know better than most how a good fortress is made. Perhaps you could help with some defences?"

Lucas shrugged. "Meanwhile, I'm available to assist wherever. The devil makes work for idle hands, and all that. Shall we host another meeting in say... two days?"

Lucas has assigned you some tasks! For this next post, feel free to have your character respond and hop to it. I will stage them getting back together in the next part of the PQ. :3

No post order, 48 hours, yadda yadda.
LUCAS

Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:

Adam
Adam was given a job that basically amounted to popping to the shops for everyone, which he wasn't thrilled about, but it was at least a chance to show off his skills as a master thief. He went around the guild and got everyone's requests (it seemed whichever stall owner sold blankets and fancy fabrics was going to be very unhappy) then set off, first of all to get a drink.

Old habits died hard.

But the next day he was ready, idling around the market as he had done at home. Standing on the side of a stall, looking as casual as he could, a hand darting out to gather small items like jewellry or fruits. For harder items, bigger ones, he had two methods:

1. Flirt it out of them. This was not technically stealing, but it still made him feel cool and rogueish, so it was fine enough.

2. Distract them with one of his many magic tricks, jokes or ways to start fights, then sneak whatever it was he needed out of the stall and into his bag.

Over the two days, he was proud of his haul. Not just from the markets, but scavenged from abandoned houses, snatched from pockets, found in storerooms. Coming to the meeting with a large bag over his shoulder and a spear in his hand, he was sure he didn't look at all subtle to anyone outside, but hoped he might look promising to his fellow guildmates.

For Lucas, he had brought a large spear. Black with a thick handle, it bore spikes around the main blade at one end and embellished vines swooped up the length of it. A fine weapon and a fearsome one. Hopefully it was good enough for Mr. Cool-Devil-Guy.

For Edy, he'd brought some fruits; he'd tried to get them in bulk but had a mind to set up some kind of regular deal for this, given that it would not last long. Waiting around a fruit stall for the owner to look away all day was hardly his idea of fun. He had some cakes too, and various sweets. These he placed down in a basket from his sack.

For Ezra, he brought out some silk sheets (an incredibly difficult find. They were a little small and rough, but it was the best he could do), wrapped around several items of jewellry, ranging from cheap thong necklaces to golden rings.

For Sunjata, he brought some nice clothes, whatever the mans style seemed to be. This was also what he had mainly gotten for himself on his little 'shopping trip'. Most of his selection was revealing and dark, inkeeping with his usual tastes.

Everyone it seemed wanted pillows, blankets and comfortable items, so he had brought plenty. Some of them had been taken from his own home to supplement the finds, but a lot of them were taken from local textile stalls or weavers. He had tried to select them on aesthetic value, ones bearing stars and sparkling stones sewn into the fabrics most valued.

It had also been mentioned a book to record happenings would be good, so he had taken a notebook from the abandoned bookstore in the settlement. The guy probably wouldn't miss it, right?

"You'd all better say thanks or I'm gonna piss on you." He jokingly threatened as he placed everything down on the table.

Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Able to assist wherever? Oh yes please. Edy had more than a few itches that Lucas could help scratch. She nearly said as much as she pulled herself off and away from Ezra, gliding towards the ascended and letting one of her hands brush against his chest. “Defences, huh?” Edy purred, gazing up into the ascended’s cool green stare with a smirk. “Worried about people coming unexpectedly?” She wondered allowed, flashing Lucas an innocent smile before setting off to complete her task.

As it was, having recently fortified the penitentiary with Zariah made finding the materials she would need for this assignment incredibly easy. There was already reinforced wood, locks, chains, and other various weapons that Edy had set aside assuming that she would find a use for them later. Apparently she had.

The first thing Edy tasked herself with was making the entrance to the hidden room far harder to see. Remi had put Zariah’s on some swinging hinges, but since Edy didn’t have any such magic, she had to be more clever. Instead she merely adjusted the furniture upstairs to visually draw the eye away from the secret entrance. Once inside however, Edy did make an attempt to be much more subtle. Using her disintegration magic to nearly destroy three of the stairs, Edy marked them with a burned corner. Anyone unfamiliar who found their way downstairs would likely find themselves at the bottom with a broken ankle at best.

Again, using disintegration magic, Edy carved out a number of spots in walls, the back of shelves, beneath tables and chairs, where she inserted various weapons (and sometimes just random items that one could likely beat someone fairly effectively with).

Finally, there was boring things to upgrade like locks and doors. This was done fairly easily (with locks left over from the penitentiary), while for the doors, Edy carved out significant portions using her disintegration magic, and re-fitted them with steel. It wasn’t much against magic she supposed, but then hardly anything was these days. Still, it would help with the odd drunkard or angry asshole who came calling.

Edy booby trapped the stairs! Careful! There are also various weapons hidden all around. Feel free to know where they all are + reinforced doors and locks.

Coding base by Sky!
Rathskeller Owner

Change author:
Ezra

So here's the thing. All this preparing a fortress shit Lucas wants y'all to take on? You're not good at that. You're more of a settle-in-on-furs-and-silks-and-watch-others-do-shit kind of girl, and that's exactly what you plan to do. Look- you're not saying you won't do your share of the work when the time comes.

Just that maybe, maybe, that time is not now.

Luckily enough, though, Lucas doesn't actually ask you to do much of anything. Or, like, actually anything, which is pretty fucking great. Grinning as the others depart to do their tasks, you lean yourself back in your chair, your feet rising up upon the table. "So, boss," you purr to the blond, "What can I do ya for, hmm?"

You spend the next couple of days rather lounging about, cleaning up after Edy's messes and trying to make things look at least a little pretty as she decorates with weapons, of all things. You also come up with little presents: bracelets, embroidered with a delicate motif of devil horns.

Ok, so maybe you're a little bit bored. But hey, you're doing your best.

You're grateful when it's time to reconvene, because it gives you a chance to really show your talents. Adam is the firs, laden with gifts. "Oooh!" you exclaim appreciatively when he brings yours, batting your eyelashes winningly, a charmed smile on your lips. "You're my new hero, Tall Dark and Stormy." Rising on your tiptoes, you plant a kiss upon his cheek, lingering a moment near his ear. "Anything I can do to repay you, darling, simply say the word." Then with a spin and a flourish you're off again, your treasures clasped in your arms, a million good ideas already racing through your mind.

By the time the rest of the team has presented you're hard at work redecorating, turning Edy's dismal cavern into something comfortable, thank god. A pillow tucked on every chair, a bracelet given to every player, you lay out the jewelry next, tsking over the poorer quality of some and cooing over the nicer pieces. "Any requests, boys, before I start the redesign?"

Ezra does shit all for 2 days except make everyone friendship bracelets and clean up after Edy. Now that Adam has treasures, though, he's swagging out the joint! Yay team!
Coding base by Sky!