Training Target Practice
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
cigarettes, the taste of whiskey on your lips
still haunting my every kiss - do you remember it?
Zariah was bored. Not that she didn’t have things to do, she just didn’t want to do the things she had to do. But when one is a monarch and they don’t want to do things they need to do, they had the luxury of simply procrastinating, and that was exactly what she did. Moreover, she needed to let off some steam, her patience having been tested repeatedly over the last few weeks. And so what did she decide to take her stress out on? Vampire gourds of course.

The queen had followed a small cluster of them to the glade, having invited her left hand along for the fun. Torturing innocent little critters – a favored Launceleyn pastime. ”I wonder if your nightmares work one these gourds…” she said curiously, glancing towards her target practice companion. ”What do you think?”
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 6 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
“Maybe.” Edy mused from behind Zariah, her arms crossed over her chest as she glared down with an unamused stare towards the bounding gourds. “They seem a bit too simple for anything more than base fear though. What are they going to have nightmares of that are any more frightening than a wall of fire coming towards them?” She asked. So saying, Edy made a whipping motion with her arm. As she did so, a line of fire erupted from her hand. It rose and then snapped down with a fiery crack, completely obliterating one of the more brazen gourds that was rolling its way towards the pair.

At her heel, Bobi hissed and hunkered her shoulders down as she began to slink forward. Had she a tail it would have wiggled slightly. As it was though, her small stub was completely erect as the tiny predator stalked forward. Hiding behind various rocks and such (not that stealth was required, Bobi was much faster), the no-longer kitten suddenly sprang from the underbrush with claws outstretched annihilating a small gourd before her.

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
"I suppose that's true. Such a pity though. I've been itching to give this a try." Zariah said, almost boredly. She watched as Edrei destroyed a gourd with a whip of fire, smirking a bit. Whips, huh? Next would be a chain of fire probably. Her oversized house cat followed suit, pouncing on and destroying a smallet gourd. At least they could all get something out of this she supposed.

"You should give lightning a try. Its quite exhilarating." Zariah said. Hazel eyes trained onto a few gourds charging forward to avenge their fallen pumpkin brethren. Without a single movement to indicate an attack was coming, bolts of lightning suddenly rained down, one striking each oncoming gourd. As would be expected, they exploded in a violent mess of stringy, seed filled gourd innards.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Age: 28 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"I had Lucas literally on his knees." Edy purred, sighing fondly at the memory. "I was never really interested in illusion magic back in Northaven, but had I known I could do this? I might have studied with Luca a bit more." With a smirk, rolling her eyes, Edy raised a brow at the suggestion of lighting.

"Well, I guess now that you're here I wouldn't just be wasting it." So saying, Edy reached in between her breasts where her hand-icon sat, on the back of which was the crystal amulet. "Bippity, boppity, BOO." Edy cackled, thrusting the amulet forward. As she did, lightning roared from the small crystalline shape. With surprise, the younger Launceleyn found she actually had to brace herself to keep from being pushed backwards by the sheer force of it. Fire ate away at the air around it, making it feel like cutting through butter. Lightning was like a full on blast.

Of course the gourd she had aimed at stood no chance, and was basically obliterated.

"Daaaaaaaaaaang." Edy puffed looking sex-levels of satisfied.

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
”Did it really?” she said with a light laugh. Lucas had seemed quite confident to her, so that this nightmare ability could bring him to such a state was indeed promising. ”Perhaps I shall have to give it a go next time I see him.” mused darkly, smirking over at her. She turned her smirk to Edrei, nodding at her words. ”Illusion based magics really are underrated.” she said in agreement.

The Queen watched as her Left Hand cast mastered lightning for the first time, laughing as she nearly flew backward from the might of her own blast. ”Now you see why I favor it so. Though it does have a bit of a kick.” she said with a light laugh. A few gourds at a distance suddenly began to shrivel and rot away to nothingness as Zariah worked her life drain magic to fuel her next attack. ”It is why I rarely cast it from myself directly with that much strength.” she said, and as if on cue another lightning bolt struck down from the heavens to obliterate a gourd.

”Give it another try.”
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
Edy sneered in agreement. "He really is a good deal more handsome on his knees." She cackled happily.

Looking down at her hands with an approving huff, Edy flexed her fingers slightly. "Tingles." She nearly purred, knowing not to take the implications too far, but wondering about it just the same.

At Z's instruction, Edy held up the amulet again and waited for Zariah to recharge it. Having done so, the younger Launceleyn narrowed her eyes as she tossed the artifact back in forth in her hands. As much as she liked reducing the gourds to shreds of nothingness, she was interested to know just how much control she could manage.

Thrusting the gem out, Edy focused. The bolt this time was much more controlled, narrowing to a point no larger than an arrow, which shot as if from a bow towards a rolling target. As Edy intended, rather than demolishing the gourd, it neatly pierced through, leaving a perfect hole in the very center.

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
”Most men are.” Zariah said with a small smirk.

She watched as Edrei prepared her next strike, her smirk widening slightly at the implication of tingles though saying nothing about it specifically. As the arrow of lightning shot forward, Zariah raised a brow, ever so slightly impressed. ”Very creative.” she said, pursing her lips in thought. It was a tactic that would certain conserve energy, given the focused area of magical ability. ”And restrained. Aren’t you just full of surprises?” she said with a smirk, charging the crystal for Edrei again.

As a few more gourds charged, Zariah cast her life drain on them, watching them slowly wither away to nothingness, completely spent of all energy by the time they reached her feet. What a painful way to go…a thought which brought a grin to her lips.
Edrei Launceleyn
the Rapacious

Change author:
"Oh I've picked up a trick or two along the way." There were many lessons that Edy had learned in the bedroom that were more than transferable to fighting, and vice-versa. Delaying pleasure or pain, focusing intently on one spot rather than flailing all about...Really, fighting and fucking were not so very different. Not the way Edy did them, anyways.

"Alright you spherical fucks. Let's see if there is anything you're afraid of." So saying, Edy tossed out her nightmare magic like a net. She wasn't really sure what to expect, and so as the image of towering trees suddenly appearings, falling from great heights like the most fucked up game of angry-birds, Edy merely tilted her head and snorted.

"Being squished? How vanilla."

Coding base by Sky!
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
"Clearly." Zariah said with a smirk, considering the gourd that now had a perfectly cylindrical hole through it. She generally considers Edrei to be one that was more into rampant destruction and chaos, but it was good to see her show her ability to be precise.

Her head tilted in curiosity as she watched the gourds shrink in fear from the falling trees cast by Edrei's nightmare magic. She shook her head slowly, clicking her tongue. "Such a shame, you were right. What boring nightmares" she said, a smirk beginning to curve her lips. "Especially one so easily made reality." With a flick of her wrist, Zariah cast a bolt of lightning at the base of a tree, severing it just so. The tree teetered, then tipped and fell, smashing the vast majority of the gourds below.