Personal Quest every fire fueled
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
Delivered from the blasts
Training: a necessity for all of them nowadays, with names scrawled across enlistment papers, with farmers who’d never raised a single blade suddenly being thrust into the pinnacle of an army, with impending doom and gloom harkening its way over the horizon. They all needed to be prepared for the inevitable: whether it was something the Merciless orchestrated, imminent LongNight in the following season, or the void, the abyss, nestled in between latest events and foreshadowed anomalies; and he’d took it upon himself to ensure disaster couldn’t, wouldn’t, befall them (as swiftly; a shield, a storm, a sword).

Ronin had offered his Monster Hunter’s Guild arena, out in the back of the hall, for the upcoming clashes, skirmishes, and practice. It was nicely furnished, and though Deimos had his own accoutrements and targets behind his house, this had more space, more opportunity, and more ready, waiting; so they wouldn’t have to waste ample time recreating the wheel. He had, however, dragged over a couple of weapons of his own – favored wooden swords, adding them to the assemblage already there, proffering a few others like daggers, throwing knives, and real blades, in case some more experienced came and didn’t yearn to wield the timber pieces.

With the announcement thrust upon the notice board, he hoped they’d get a decent number – just a means, a measure, for them to gain some skills, knowledge, and sagacity before the ultimate display: he wasn’t certain how Zariah would want them all to assemble, express their aptitude, but he didn’t crave sitting ducks for comrades and allies.

While he waited for Kiada to arrive, for she’d be assisting, he ensured the weapons looked available and promising, rearranging a couple of targets, analyzing some intervals and openings where more than one pair could practice at a time. They needed this – the whole lot of them.

--

Open PQ for combat training with Deimos and Kiada! I don’t have a limit placed on participants, but I will be moving this on in about 48 hours.
the last of a line of lasts
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA
You think I'll be the night sky,
so that you can be the star?
It doesn’t take the Harpy long to arrive – in fact, she’s left the Bakery with refreshments and snacks for the weary that grow exhausted (perhaps for the first time they’ve picked up a weapon, trudged out into the fray, saw battle for what it was and what it wasn’t), and she moves swiftly to reach the Guild. Ronin had been kind in offering the location, and Deimos had come prepared with extra weapons. Kiada didn’t have much to offer other than the ability to keep those that come hydrated. She’d rather not see any of them pass out.

She arrives and sets the drinks out but keeps the snacks covered as she turns to look at Deimos with a wide grin of hello and “I did something important too”, if only to joke and play with him. Auni is here too, somewhere around the arena, watching diligently and curiously. And she makes sure to spot him before she goes to stand beside Deimos and inspect the weapons as well. “These will do nicely.” She says, an almost joking tone to her voice as though Deimos would bring anything less than strong, nice, practice weapons.

And then, she – like him – waits for those to arrive.
i'll swallow you whole.
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Feral Hunter
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'3 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 9 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Zomb Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

FERAL
After talking with Zariah, Feral had headed down to the Notice Board to see exactly what was up. Most of it seemed pointless, at least to him, until he reached the most recent notice. Fighting practice? Well, he had joined the draft and it never hurt having some more experience under your belt, right? And he wanted to impress Zariah. He wasn't sure why he wanted to impress her but he did.

Finding the Monster Hunter's Guild wasn't too bad. He was a little hesitant to enter though. Suddenly thrusting himself into society wasn't exactly his original plan. But having hunted with Kiada was fun. It had been nice to be around other people who didn't just judge him for something he couldn't control.

He stepped into the room, finding it quiet. The young man scanned the room quickly, finding two figures. One new and one he recognized. With a bit more pep in his step, he headed toward the others. "Kiada! I didn't know you would be here." He gave her a nervous but excited grin. "I'm not as good with a sword as I am with a bow."
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
Leatherworker

Age: 36 | Height: 175cm / 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
He wasn't a warrior, never had been—there had never been any need for him to be one. Sure, there were those within the barrier who practiced combat of all sorts, keeping alive a lost art or merely hacking away at others to stay alive themselves. Wessex was proof of it: she'd been a warrior long before the Outlanders came, a rough creature who wasn't afraid to bite.

Rory, though—Rory had a bow for hunting, and a pike for when things went wrong while hunting. He had a knife for skinning and cutting and all sorts of things (honestly, all sorts of knives). But being a warrior? Wielding a sword, maybe? Coordinated fighting, intent on—what, hurting other people?

Not his area of expertise.

So he came to the Monster Hunters Guild, again slightly overcome by the same feeling as last time he stepped onto its grounds. Here was Rory, the hapless Natural, and there were Deimos and Kiada, the honed, skilled Outlanders.

He swallowed the feeling, nodding to them both and to the stranger before ceasing to move—merely waiting.
Jyon Cho
Hunter / Mercenary

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Nico Offline
Change author:
Jyon had been both curious and interested in the Monster Hunters Guild ever since she’d heard about it. She had also been entertaining thoughts about joining the guild as well, but seeing as she was still very much new to Caido, she didn’t exactly knew how to join, or if someone as new and as inexperienced as her would even be possibly entertained with such a request. She knew no one, had no connections, or money to secure them.

All she had was her lonesome self and own set of her skills. She would like to think that she was pretty decent with the bow, and she’d plenty of training with swords, although she has never been in a real combat, fighting with one, placing her training into practise. Still, she was confident in her teacher, and in herself that she wasn’t a bad student by any means.

Chancing upon the announcement posted by the Monsters Hunter guild at the notice board had to do with a good amount of luck, aligning with her interests at the moment, and she wasn’t about to such a perfect opportunity go by.

Unfamiliar with the area, it took her quite a while for her to actually find the location of the guild. By the time Jyon entered the arena, there was already several others present there, and she naturally made a beeline for the biggest man in the room. She didn’t know who the leader was, but if she had to guess, this large tall and broad man most definitely had the build of a warrior. She gazed up before speaking.

“Hi there. I’m here because of the notice posted. I’m at the right place aren’t I? The Monster Hunters Guild?”
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:

It's technically her Guildhall. Might as well join - and with Deimos she might get a workout instead of playing teacher half the time.

Sauntering into the arena with a worn but sturdy blade on her back and bow in her hand, Wessex defies the notion that this might be just for the members of that godforsaken army. She plays a risky game, doing it during the day, but with her cloak and leather guards on (and perhaps the ability to persuade her opponent to join her in the shade), and willing to constantly check in with her systems, she might? Should? Be ok.

While remaining in the shadows of the building, she waves a greeting to the Reaper, Rory, and Kiada, whom she recognizes. The other Natural, Feral, she has a vague recollection of, but isn’t familiar with the hunter personally. And then there’s a funny looking lady who is most definitely an Outlander. Well. This should be interesting. Dropping her bow to the ground, she leans against the wall and waits for instructions.

WESSEX
She whispered back, I am the storm
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Kiada brought sustenance; something they would all need in the coming hours – he smiled in return, nodding, grateful that she could collect things he wouldn’t have thought of (working to the bone, mauling, menacing, going and going and going until adversaries and enemies were vanquished, until the fog cleared, until graves needed to be dug). “Glad you approve,” he rumbled, but knew it was in jest, in spirit, and they waited together, in the breadth of silence, until movement shumbled forth.

One completely unknown to him, but clearly in recognition of Kiada, strode forward, nearly as tall as himself – the Reaper’s brows arched towards the Harpy but said nothing in response. The deep intonations of his voice responded to the youth, cranium nodding. “Nothing wrong with learning how to wield both.”

Then his eyes flickered to Rory, the farmer, the starter of rebellions, and his smile grew broader, content to see him here, waiting, waiting, waiting; and Deimos wondered if there was any experience in bashing enemies over the head with his tools – plunging pitchforks and pikes into the sides of others – musing on the notion with ease.

Another unfamiliar individual strode forth, and the beast was pleased that the notice board had done its job: this woman slimmer, but by no means did that mean she was weaker. Perhaps she had a hidden skill, a means to an end, practice emboldened by years of life elsewhere; his stare rested on her, another nod granted. “You are.”

Finally, there was Wessex – and he smirked. Maybe she’d come for the sensation of practice, for instigating skills, for providing her own wisdom and sagacity to the forefront – even in the harsh collections of daylight. Nonetheless, he was pleased she’d arrived. And with that, their combat party had been assembled.

He turned to address them all – voice loud and carrying; suddenly remembering those chilling days across Basin valleys, calling out to a kingdom, a sovereignty, instilled in pride and belonging, in strength and might. It could be the same here. The Reaper strived into those inclinations now, less ice king, more formidable soldier, a warrior through and through. Introductions were swift, obliging, and then onto the meaning of the hour; suddenly in his element, facing soldiers, warriors, and fighters - mercenaries and munition in the making. “Thank you for coming. I am Deimos, and this is Kiada. Our purpose here is to ensure you receive practice and instruction in the ways of the sword.” His eyes drifted over their number, even, easily to render and maneuver within. “If you do not have a blade of your own, you are welcome to grab a wooden one,” and here he indicated the pile nearby, plain, unadorned weapons meant to signify the weight of a true sword, without the painful, serrated edges. That could come later. “Once you have chosen, please pair up amongst yourselves and find a space.” There was plenty of it – the field was massive. Whenever or wherever they had found themselves settled, the beast stood within the middle, his timbre a fathom stretching along the grass. “Kiada or I will provide moves and maneuvers that you may try offensively or defensively. However, before we begin, what experience or abilities do you have?” That way they could find out where to go – applying different methods depending on the team.

--

Grab a sword, a partner, and let us know what you know!

Kiada first, and then no post order!
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
Of course she would approve! She gives a playful smile over toward Deimos as she continues her trek around the training area. Her attention is only taken away when the first person shows, and when her head lifts to settle her icy gaze on him, a wide grin spreads across her face. “Feral!” She chimed, moving over toward the man to greet him. “I’m helping this lug.” She says with a gesture toward Deimos, catching his attention with his slightly raised brows to which she shrugs off. She agrees with Deimos, a gentle smile playing at her lips as she reaches for a wooden sword to hand him.

There’s excitement within her as Rory joins, and she gives him a small smile as well – water under the bridge, though she’s never truly had an issue with the man. The next that appears, Deimos is quick to confirm her suspicions and Kiada offers the other woman a smile and a nod as well. The next one, however, that appears is quite familiar to her despite having not met her before. And she offers the Ascended a wide grin of greeting.

The Harpy settles beside Deimos as he instructs them, introduces himself and her to which she nods and lets her gaze drift between everyone that’s joined. Kiada has her own sword, tucked away at her side, but she picks up a spare wooden one for teaching’s sake. There’s no judgement in her gaze as she settles back in and waits for them to pair off. She does however, glance toward Deimos, something familiar within the way they stand and the way he speaks, and it almost feels like home. Almost.

As an example, Kiada steps forward. “I’ll start. I am Kiada, also Attuned. I can shift into a vulture but I have no magic.” She offers easily. “I’ve fought in wars before, but they were more so against gods and monsters than people.” She steps back and lets her gaze drift over those gathered before her eyes land on Feral to see if he may be first. She’s excited to help them all learn, to train and work with one another.
i'll swallow you whole.
Jyon Cho
Hunter / Mercenary

Age: 32 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Nico Offline
Change author:
Jyon gave a warm satisfied smile to the big man and the woman standing beside him as he confirmed that she was indeed in the right place, and this was where the training will take place. She wasn’t surprised to hear his voice, loud and booming as he introduced himself and the training they would all partake in this day. A warrior’s voice to go along with the a warrior’s look. The warrior’s name was Deimos, and his companion Kiada.

She listened intently at the instructions that followed and her eyes followed as he gestured towards the pile of simple assorted weapons, complete with wooden swords for training purposes. Although she carried her own sword by her side, Jyon moved to pick up a wooden sword, just so that the sparring would be fair and even, if her partner did not possess a weapon of their own. With a wooden sword in hand, she gazed around at the people gathered in the arena. She knew nobody, and she was highly certain that no one knew her.

The large warrior’s companion, Kiada spoke up then, introducing the fact that she was an Attuned, a vulture shifter. Through a series of events, Jyon had come to learn that she too was one of the Attuned, an animal shifter. Her form was ironically that of a tiger, ones that father and other hunters trained so well to hunt back home in the Great Forests. Kiada mentioned about playing her part in wars. Jyon had no such experience.

She had never been in a real battle, and most of her experience solely came from training and hunting. When the other woman stepped back, and no one else stepped forward after several moments, she decided to make her move, stepping forward.

“I’m Jyon, also Attuned. I can shift into a tiger, and I have no magic.” The lass pauses for a brief moment before resuming. “I have never fought in wars or battles, and my experience is limited to just hunting and simple weapons training.”
Feral Hunter
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'3 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 9 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 1 - Int:
Played by: Zomb Offline
Change author:

FERAL
Feral gives Kiada an almost lopsided grin as she greets him and introduces him to her friend? For being nearly the same height, Deimos has a lot more.. to him. If Kiada is a wolf, then Deimos is a bear. Both formidable in their own ways. He does feel a bit more confident, even as others enter the guild hall. "S'true." Better to have more forms of murder under your belt.

Two more seem vaguely familiar but he isn't sure. It's been so long since he's been anywhere in town. Everyone might as well be Naturals or Outlanders or whatever. Deimos introduces himself, then Kiada introduces herself. She had fought gods? And wars? Maybe he was a bit out of his element being here. He knew nothing of gods and the only monsters he knew were people. (And those things from the long night but let's not think about that now.)

Jyon introduces herself next and he feels a bit more.. relaxed. As she speaks, he picks up a wooden sword. He's got an old shortsword but he'd rather not use it now. At least she's on his level. He thinks. "Name's Feral. I'm.. well I've got a bit of fire magic. Don't know anything but hunting. I can use a bow."
I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:

“I’m Wessex,” she begins from the shade, when the hunter finishes. “An Ascended, so if you don’t mind sticking to the shade, that would be great. Pretty experienced in bow, swords or knives, and unarmed stuff. Would love to work against magic or a shifter, but otherwise just happy to help train.” No mention of her talons or her bio-pulse, because that’s not really what they’re here for. Those nasty little claws are basically just less deft long knives, anyway. And she doesn’t want to scare the new kids away with her monster-style upgrades.

Her gaze goes from Deimos to Kiada, and then the others. Definitely not trying to take over, but there’s no point in understating who and what she is. Wessex has been honing herself and her abilities. If she can get something out of this, great, if not, well, might as well help others.

WESSEX
She whispered back, I am the storm
Leatherworker

Age: 36 | Height: 175cm / 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Neowulf Offline
Change author:
MP: 970
Rory was glad his appearance was met with friendliness rather than anything else—and perhaps, he thought as he watched Wessex appear in the shadows, it was because the majority in the hall were Outlanders. They did not know his pitiful story, his reputation of being easy prey; only Wessex would know, and Wessex, well, she knew more than that, too.

Others would've found the idea of Rory learning how to fight laughable.

But here, he was met with smiles, and they were not sardonic.

He stole over to the pile of swords, picking one, watching and listening as one by one they introduced themselves, but didn't quite split into pairs. One Attuned, with a formidable shape, the other a (likely weak, from his wording) fire magic user. None skilled in weaponry, except Wessex, who knew how shit Rory was with it.

Then it was his turn.

"I'm Rory, I can summon animals and play with fire. I'm a pretty good archer but a disaster in melee combat."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
They have an interesting group, a range from experienced to either hunting or the bare minimum, the rites and rituals needed to survive. It was intriguing to learn what they held for magic as well, or simply none at all, and what they would require, what they would need to learn spiraled, coiled, contorted within his brain. He’d once committed to this for a living, ensuring the soldiers below his command (General of the Basin; stately and proud and commanding, an intimidating mass) could hold their own when it came time to brutalize, maim, and lacerate. His stare scanned over them, before realizing he hadn’t properly introduced himself – what encouraged him to stand before them, to train, to impart wisdom and sagacity where he could. “I have been a soldier for a majority of my life, and have been a part of several invasions amidst other worlds.” The insurrection between those tides and currents weren’t mentioned – nor the imminent deaths, or the cluster of his enchantments enabling further demise. Neither of those things would be wielded today – not against these newfound brethren.

He began to divide them up, roaming back and forth, mulling over their foundations, their cores, their abilities, pondering how to pair their entities so both would learn. He was grateful for Wessex’s appearance as well; her experience would be beneficial, but he also didn’t want this to be a useless enterprise for her either. He began to direct them, inclining his head towards each in a warrior’s nod, quick, efficient, swift. “Feral and Rory, you can go with Kiada.” He indicated an open section of the training arena; he trusted Kiada to be able to show them assaulting and defensive tactics. “Wessex and Jyon, you may come with me.”

He led them over to a darker contortion, shade aplenty beneath the wider branches of a healthy oak – an endeavor meant for the Ascended’s benefit. The beast waited for them to spread themselves out, before applying, wanting to see what Jyon was capable of (he had insight into Wessex; but probably only just the bare minimum). His gaze slid to her, the way she held her sword, pondering if it had always been the tiger contortions to her; and while an effective means of assault, what happened if someone knew how to slay a big cat? “I understand you can shift – however, I would like to witness your abilities as a soldier too. Try and attack Wessex.” A ghost of a smile appeared on his mouth, before it loosened away. “She is tough – see what you can do.” He wanted to see how she assaulted, how she sieged, if there were natural instincts embedded within her, or if it was all the predatory essences of the wilderness; feral and savage.

--

Splitting into groups!

Feral and Rory, please let Kiada post first and give her directions!

Jyon and Wessex, let Jyon go first!
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
The Harpy listens while they list their names and their abilities, and her icy eyes float toward each one as they introduce themselves. First, to Jyon, and her tiger form (something Kiada finds herself somewhat envious of, but she pushes it away for now), then to Feral as he explains what he’s told her before. She gives him a bit of a smile, as if in her own way she says he can hunt, and that she’s seen it. The next two, she knows of, and she nods to them all in retrospect – the Ascended and the Abandoned Rory, before her head tilts toward Deimos as he begins the instruction.

He lists them off to pairs before taking Jyon and Wessex away, and Kiada gestures for Feral and Rory to follow her, to aim them toward the other end of the training grounds to give Wessex and Jyon plenty of space as well. And with it, she grabs a wooden sword and keeps her attention on the both of them. “We’ll work on attack and defense.” She begins, letting it rest at her side as she gestures for them to decide which side to stand on. Her attention moves toward Feral first. “No magic at this point, let’s focus on the swords lest we set the swords ablaze.” She says with a playful wink. And while Deimos gets into the nitty gritty at first, Kiada isn’t so quick to jump in.

Instead, she takes the sword and inspects it, stepping into the middle of the two men. “Both of these swords are the same length, but your arms won’t be. You need to know where the most power you can get from where you position your arms. If you over extend, it leaves you open. Try to be guarded and protected when you strike, but it takes practice.” She says easily, eyes drifting to both Rory and Feral respectively.

Then she steps back with a smile and small clap of her hands as she sets her own sword down and ties back her dark hair. “Feral, try to attack Rory first. It’s different from a bow, not as quick and you have to be up close. Try to size up your opponent and figure out what sides he may favor and go from there.” She instructs, picking up her sword again and watching.

--

Feral, Kiada wants you to size up Rory and try to figure out what side to strike at. Rory, practice your defense!
i'll swallow you whole.