Hang hallowed halos
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Deimos
He’d seen a god.

Did this mean he was destined to meet another? No. But when Safrin failed to simply ignore him, dissuade him, send him dissipating off into the ether, or discard him as a speck of dust, he couldn’t signify the direction he was supposed to be going in. More than likely, it was Amalia’s influence, ability, and love for the celestial being that even allowed him to be within their presence – but there were possibilities now.

Possibilities that not all of them were as kind as Safrin. Possibilities that he’d never view upon one again.

Possibilities that he could try and maybe not be neglected.

It was a low likelihood, and the Reaper wasn’t about to convince himself otherwise; he’d lived through enough hardships, enough begging, enough pleading, enough heads downcast at the foot of a shrine to know it was likely all for naught. But there were too many things going on: chaos reigning and spiraling in every direction, for him not to give it an effort. If he was spurned or slighted, then he could continue working on his plots, his machinations, his schemes with others.

What was he even turning into?

He scoffed, sneered, snorted at himself inwardly as he proceeded into the woods, into the haunted sanctions with its eerie lanterns and intangible hues; the only distinction of a shrine highlighted by two towering trees, boughs long and lingering, over an ivory candle. The beast, silent, but certain of his motives, reached into the bag across his shoulder, and dug his way through the threshold. Zuriel maneuvered somewhere behind him, her noble head lifted to glance into the void, the abyss, of the surrounding world. His intended gifts were eventually grasped, ensnared, and pulled, placing a white feather and dark, onyx stones upon the shelf. Then he waited for inevitable.
Out of sight and out of mind
Make everything alright
So let the sky and sea collide
Just not in our lifetime
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
KIADA
i wish that i could say,
i am a light that never goes out.
She couldn’t just let him go alone, now could she? She knows his apprehension with the gods, but is uncertain why it has changed so quickly. Regardless of his change of heart, the Harpy follows the Reaper, a few steps behind as always – following the unicorn with Auni following her as well. They make a unique pair, both with four hooved companions, both with a darkness and sadness within them, but the drive for something else – for something more.

And so she returns with him, because she (much like Deimos) has never seen a god of this land before, and with Amalia being the Shield of Safrin, she hopes that perhaps it’ll be different – it’ll change and she too can see what it’s like to work for a higher power again, with hopefully far less bloodshed and destruction. She doesn’t hold her breath, though. The Harpy has never been so lucky.

Her icy gaze scans the shrine as Deimos stops, she comes up beside him and Auni comes up beside Zuriel with a tail wag from his nub as he stares up at the unicorn. Kiada, meanwhile, turns her head toward Deimos with a small half smile. “Trying again, huh?” She questions with a tilt of her head.
but i
flicker
from time to time.
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

You know what they say, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again?

Well. That advice doesn't apply to you filthy abandoneds. At least, it doesn't today.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos
Failure again, absolute silence and nothing else; same as all the other times before. He wasn’t surprised or disheartened, more accepting, familiar with this routine. He asked and they didn’t respond, he offered and they didn’t take. This was why he had little to no interaction with any of them: because he had naught they wanted, and in the end, the reliance on himself merely increased tenfold. A heavy sigh flickered through his chest, and his eyes ghosted over the wares he’d presented on the shelf – leaving them there to dissipate or disappear into the ether. He turned to leave, and there was Kiada again, like a shadow, like a spy, always seemingly there when his motions collapsed or a downfall seemed imminent – he lifted his head, a tower, a Colossus, not particularly bothered on this venture – hopes never too high, never quite reaching for the stars or the heavens. “I wanted to get more information on the blight,” he shrugged, meandering past her and along the lantern lights, a rough explanation at best. “Or figure out how to get my hands on items that could suppress or absorb magic.” For Zariah, he wanted to add; but maybe the forest had eyes and ears, and his vexation, his ideas, his notions would be enough to scurry them off to see their Queen. There were a multitude of things coasting, hovering, shoving into their peripheral vision, facts and figures, trials and tribulations, and being able to concentrate on one or the other was difficult at best. The monolith arched a brow and turned his head over his shoulder, watching her. “Why are you here?”
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
KIADA
i wish that i could say,
As always, nothing happens, and there’s a part of her that sulks with it. Deimos got to meet a god and yet here Kiada was – fumbling and bumbling around aimlessly. If for nothing else, she wanted to meet one of them, preferably Ludo (if only to be sure Ru’in made it wherever he was going). She waits a few moments before speaking, watching as nothing happens and Deimos begins to lift his head. She asks him if he’s tried again, and she watches as shrugs and moves past her toward the lanterns.

A good idea.” She admits with a small shrug. “Also a good idea.” She tacks on with a quiet laugh of agreement. The Harpy moves from her spot and speeds up to catch up with the Reaper as he glances over his shoulder to poise a question to her. She shrugs as though it’s no big deal, a small smile playing on her lips that says she’s doing nothing more than innocently stumbling across a path. Ah, but she hasn’t.

Her eyes lift to meet his before she grins. “I could give you a good excuse about how we crossed paths, but no.” The grin turns into a small laugh. “I was bored and I followed you.” She shrugs, shoving her hands into her pockets.
but i
flicker
from time to time.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
“I am always full of good ideas,” mocked and ridiculed his own modicums and methods, a self-deprecating measure because the world had already proven him a fool just in these last few seconds. Truthfully, there were a constant swarm of ideas, notions, calculations, and machinations maneuvering through his mind at any given moment; it was just down to which one he picked from the collection, and then rampaged along, some successful, some failing, some sputtering into nothing. This was the latter, a blip on the horizon, but he could find another way – he often had to, often did, often committed to the same plain and train of thought, but traversed along an opposing route, drawing his chains and tethers and lines alongside him.

Deimos looked down in time to see her grin; no excuse for her endeavors, bored and mulling behind him instead of discovering other shards and shapes. He smiled, a warmer course of mouth and lips, before drawing his attention down the path, aiming to avoid an onslaught of will-o-wisps piercing and pulsing in the midnight horizon. “There are much better beings to follow,” he added; not false, not untrue, but pervading in their source of darkened humor, of worlds crossed and forlorn, of time passed when he’d been the one they stared upon, and he’d been the sword, the cutlass, the rapier, fighting for every single being within his land. He was naught now. She had known that since she’d encountered him all over again.
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
i wish that i could say,
There is something about her bluntness that captures a smile from Deimos as she falls into step beside him. Her eyes following his familiar gaze toward the path that lead ahead. The statement he gives her is something she wants to scoff at, as though there wasn’t such a thing, but instead she settles on something a bit more personal. “Yeah well, I never have good judgement.” She begins, eyeing him mischievously. “Last time I tried to follow a better being, he killed everyone so. There’s that.” She gives him a small smile in response, referring to Kisamoa and the false god that had come to Helovia, who sniped the Basin out and away from everyone’s grasp.

Her head tilts when she looks back at the path, wondering if she’d ever told him about the Rift and what things occurred, what had happened when they were shoved into that portal to a world of darkness and dangerous creatures that lurked within the night. The place she had gotten most of her scars, her battles won and some lost. It was a tale that she believed even he would find interesting, despite the mental strain it gave. So she considers him, wondering if he’d like a distraction from the failure of the shrine again. “Did I ever tell you about my time in the Rift? Before I came here?” Her tone is more serious, and there’s questions that flicker in her iceberg gaze as she lifts them toward his face.
but i
flicker
from time to time.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
“You used to,” he added to her good judgment line – days filled with ardent intensity and a devilish enthusiasm, contributing over and over again to the Basin’s fortune: favoring the bold (her). What altered and changed? Had it been her time in the Edge, when her mother had taken her children from the mountains, hoping to settle along the crag and cliffs? When Tembovu had proffered promises that he never could quite keep? When her brother disappeared, changing courses and actions? He threaded his way over the silent stones and the marbled moss, quiet, a hunter’s predatory instinct, eyes fixated on boughs and branches, before turning back to her, slowing down his stature, his pace, his stride, so they were side by side in their questions and answers. He’d missed something after his death – tucked and walled away in his tomb, becoming bones while his soul apparently drifted elsewhere, no longer capable of looking over his favored summits and glorified inhabitants. He killed everyone so… Yes, there were some chapters he hadn’t been clued in on; hadn’t read, hadn’t known.

The Rift held a heady note in the beacon of his mind, a warped edge to his skull; but he was ignorant of it. Rexanna had never described it to him. No one else from Helovia had measured their way over here, and no fallen stars or triumphant, gleeful will-o-wisps had ever informed him of horrors, devastation, or repose settled amidst such a world. By the way she said it, the tone almost melancholy, he seared on the knowledge of disparities along the despaired; traces and foundations he had no part in, no contribution towards. She’d morphed and sculpted into something, someone else, since he had first met her – but that was to be expected, the blossoming of a child with their radiant fixtures and their brazen designs, scalding and whittling away until something else occurred, happened, chased down ramparts or smoldered at the fringes. “You did not.” But then again, he’d never told her every story of his past either, and had no intention of doing so; furtive and secret, cloaks and daggers, too many tales to warrant. If she wanted to tell – he was all ears. It was for her alone to decide; not a beast who pried (because then the rest of the earth pried back).
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
i wish that i could say,
There are some days when the Harpy forgets when Deimos had died and the world around her fell with him – some days when she thinks he was still there, a pillar in the north, waiting, watching, brooding. But she recalls that terrible day when she was young, when her brother was missing and she was searching for him, that the news spread of the fall of the monarch. And she hadn’t even gone to see him – instead, creating false promises with false, chaotic gods. She looks ahead as she mentions the Rift, shooting a quiet glance toward him, before her gaze remains on the path ahead as she walks beside him.

It’s a long story.” She sighs sadly, stuffing her hands into her pockets as she walks, icy gaze softening and darkening. “After you died, there was a creature named Kisamoa that came to Helovia. He was supposed to help us fix the darkness in the land, through the bone marshes. We had to collect things to clean it up. Ru’in was there, and Zo… Thranduil had found him and brought him to my mother. And things were nice.” She recalls, head tilting up to glance at the sky, at the boughs of trees up above them, of the lanterns that danced in the winds.

I had helped Kisamoa previously and he gave me an amulet. He told me it would protect those I cared about, that it would give me the power to help them. But one day, all the gods appeared. Those Rift gods? Kisamoa was a combination of them all, revived and ready to pull us to his world. Naturally, many refused, including our gods that Kisamoa killed without a second thought. And Ru’in was one of them. I watched as he and Romina were killed. I lost Kianzo through it, my mother threw me and Khairi into the portal before following.” She looks over to him to see how he’s handling it. “When we arrived, the world was dark and different, with eyes that watched your every movement. And that amulet he had gifted me, gave me this.” She says, turning to point at the X etched into her neck, gnarled and deep, with a blackened hue within it’s depths. A dirt that no matter how much she scrubbed and scrubbed, it never left.

He called a meeting of sorts, and I screamed at him.” She snorts with the memory, recalling how brave she had once been. “Have you ever yelled at a god? It’s terrifying and exhilarating. He… He apologized, gave me gifts and a tenderness I don't think many saw.” She begins to stutter over her words. “And then, he tried to bring those who died back, he opened a river of them, a river of the dead – but they came back wrong and vengeful. And Kisamoa, he began to drown within the river. He was weak, so very weak. And I braved the river, swimming down into it after him. I found some armor of the Rift gods, helped to retrieve it and give it to him, brought him back to the surface.” She looks down to her feet.

I thought maybe if he died, the world and everyone within it would die too. And I wasn’t ready yet.
but i
flicker
from time to time.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
The Reaper’s death had been imprinted amongst his slumber; a cold, distant rain, a haze blinding his sights, his frame drifting down, against embankments, heart giving in, lungs gasping for air until they ran out of strength – it came in dreams, in nightmares, sometimes the brutal, barbaric unknown, sometimes exactly what it was meant to be. A reminder, a decadent, blistering note of what he’d lost, of what he’d had, of what he’d squandered away in the pain and anguish of demise. But something about her story, something about the twist and turns, of gods foiled, of darkness flickering in and out, wondered if his presence would’ve even made a damned difference. Chaos was still chaos, bedlam was still bedlam, and even with his commands, demands, or declarations, it likely wouldn’t have mattered: their celestial beings would have still perished, sacrificing themselves for the greater good, lives lost and blown to dust, thoughtless, heedless, rash, and irreverent. Would he have stood amidst the rabble, unleashing hell against hell? Would he have sunk into the mire, ash and bone, with those perished? Would he have pushed and shoved inhabitants into portals, hoping they found a better threshold, a better life, outside their doomed, consigned to oblivion, world?

He’d never know.

It was Kiada’s involvement that was interesting. He wasn’t surprised to hear she’d been drawn to the arches and lilts of darkness; she’d after all, followed the Reaper long enough, striving to protect those she cherished – his eyes ghosted to the scar sketched into her skin, another constant in a series of moments outlining who and what she was now. There was a light smirk on his mouth as she described yelling at a god; he’d never, actually – always the calm, quiet, composed one in any Haruspex corridor, the reflecting pools and mirrors hastening the God of Time before him, waiting to be smited and spited for not being enough.

When she’d finished, he was looking out over the shadows, the portals of lantern light fading behind them; only the woods, the trees, the boughs, the branches, and the stars beckoning overhead. “So you followed darkness, hoping it would save everyone,” he uttered, comprehending, mulling on the statement, the layers of why not let him die swallowed down because she believed it was for the greater good. No judgment lingered in his voice, it would be hypocritical, when he’d roamed in the Stygian abyss for as long as he could remember; but it explained the present Kiada – still fiery, still determined, still rooted in convictions. “How did you escape such a world?” He proffered, features looming and present, waiting for the rest of the story.
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
i wish that i could say,
She finishes her tale briefly while she glances over to the Reaper and watches as he looks over the shadows. His voice reaches hers and she nods briefly. “I thought maybe it could help. Nobody trusted me enough to take my concerns seriously. They would have rather waited and saw what happened. But I … I can’t do that. I have to be involved.” She rambles, catches herself and sighs. She reaches up with a hand to run along the top of her head before her gaze drifts over to Deimos.

He turned into… This kind of dragon creature. It helped to bring him back to the surface. And after that we had to fight the creatures and bring light to the dark shadowed places. We had these… Orbs, that we brought with us. They cleansed I think. And I had friends and I was happy. Khairi was happy too, for all that the world had given us.” She explains, shoulders rising and falling in a shrug. “But I met a man named Rixen, and when we had all settled to start our own rule, everyone had named him King. He was kind, gentle, not from Helovia. He didn’t have all the history the rest of us did.” She frowns.

It took us so long to admit anything, and even still, when things grew dark in the Rift Khairi and I were thrown from it. I lost Rixen and Khairi, though I think perhaps he and I merged upon my entry here. I don’t have my fire magic, but I have him as my Attuned form.” Her brows pull together in confusion and consideration. “I don’t know what kind of difference it makes, but Khairi and Auni are so different from one another. Auni is kind and gentle while Khairi would just as soon try to gut someone with his beak given the chance.” She huffs a quiet chuckle as though she’s trying to lighten her mood.

This place is a step up from that, that’s for sure. But I miss Khairi and my magic.” She admits, eyes drifting over to him to see how he might respond.
but i
flicker
from time to time.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Have to be involved caused him to snicker slightly; and only because it was the truth and heart of the matter, how often they seemed to rampage their way through trials and tribulations, born into it, fledgling intricacies and hostilities. It was natural. It was all they’d done for lifetimes before. There was some sort of disaster, they found a way, and maneuvered within it, strategy after strategy, ruse after ruse, knife after knife. Only it sounded as though Kiada had placed herself in a corner, aligned with monsters instead of the rest of the void. And there’d been more than just Ru’in, but this Rixen character, but the Reaper said nothing, understanding the ability to move on, sometimes the need after loss, loss, loss.

And she’d lost once more – their cycles, their patterns, their sacrifices. What would it be like to live amidst realms and kingdoms where not everything fell apart every so often? What would they have ever done in peace, in repose, in havens, and sanctuaries? Would they be driven mad by the stagnancy, or morph, adapt, as they’d always done, and revel in the rapture of safety?

No fire magic, no other companion, stripped down and away, shifting into something else. He heard her chuckle and while he didn’t reflect it, the curve of a small smile still rested there. “I miss a lot of things,” he sighed, suddenly wistful and homesick. “But I think it is the mountains I long for the most.” The peak of the summits slashed against the horizon, the glistening colors of the auroras blending together, greens, blues, and purples, even the twin monoliths, signaling border lines and signifying protection, symbols and beacons long after their powers had dwindled away to nothing. He breathed, and loosened a long exhale, the depths of his eyes upon hers. “I am sorry I was not there.” To help you, to save you.
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime
Kiada Njovu-Reyes

Change author:
KIADA
i wish that i could say,
If there’s something the Harpy appreciates more than her uncanny ability to frighten people, it’s the way Deimos always listens. He’s the best ear she could have for her woes and trials, fear and anger. He’s the one that knows her the most, knows her ins and outs. And she finds it easy to be his story teller, to tell him everything she’s faced and the things she misses. She finds she likes to hear him reminisce too, resurrected or not.

And she looks over to him, spying the crooked tilt of his lips as she lets her icy gaze linger on him as he speaks. “The mountains were the best part of it all.” She admits, agreeing with him as her head tilts up to look toward the sky, covered in low hanging boughs of trees with lanterns. “I hope there are mountains here somewhere too.” Her head tilts toward him then, wondering, hoping, quietly praying to the gods she’s never met.

But his next set of words capture her by surprise, and she grins at him. “I always knew I was your favorite.” The Harpy attempts to lighten the mood, a smirk playing on the corners of her lips before she sighs wistfully. “I made it, unlike many others. Sometimes I just wonder what the cost of it was.” She says quietly.
but i
flicker
from time to time.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
The beast had always listened while the world moved on, tilting his head to take and grasp and clench from all directions. It paid off in stories, in tales, things his mother often proclaimed that he could recite by rote, things his father explained beside glistening embers, and then later, along instructions, in intervals of war (lacerate here, lunge there), and ways to utilize and manipulate. Individuals frequently enjoyed talking, sometimes enemies, sometimes adversaries, sometimes those he valued and cherished; the former could be tools of later means and measures, and the latter could just be to learn, to devote, to dedicate all over again. Kiada’s unraveled history explained much of who she was, who she’d become, the things he’d missed while beginning a second life – and he appreciated that she’d bothered to tell him at all. “Thank you for recounting it for me,” and the slow smile slid across his mouth again; because it couldn’t have been easy, to live and dive and be swallowed, consumed, by the layers and lacquer once more. He had multiple lines, patterns, and endeavors to revisit, multiple ghosts and phantoms, wraiths that never really left.

The mountains – it called in his heart and stirred those savage, nefarious chambers, pulsing, beating, unwinding, his gaze following the streaks of lantern lights and midnight oils, as if the summits would suddenly rise out of the canopies and boughs. “I was told they were in Safrin’s books,” a map; and he hoped it was true, that somewhere far beyond these borders were summits gesturing to the heavens, treacherous and mesmerizing, home away from home. “One day, we can see them again.” It was a heavy, heady promise, but no more overbearing or overwhelming than the rest he wielded, shouldered, and burdened.

Deimos didn’t cover his snort at her next intonation, making sure she could see the lengthy eyeroll that followed. “I did not have many.” He quirked a brow but then said naught more, suddenly filtering through the lives scattered from the Basin valleys and pinnacles; D’art, their poisons master, Mauja, an enigma, Psyche, the asp, Huyana, a portrait in the rain, Thranduil, thief and spy and trickster; and perhaps there were more, more, more, too far gone and deep rooted, left to his dreams and nightmares. He hadn’t been among the list of anyone’s favorites.

Then her last reverberation lingered, and he snatched, caught at it, pondered and mulled for a time, stretched out the silence to the wild, nocturnal eaves. “You have the chance to learn and grow from it. Sometimes we pay for those opportunities.” The sanction of his piercing gaze wandered straight back to her, serious, determined, a conviction in his fortifications. “I trust you will not waste it.”
Make everything alright
Just not in our lifetime