Personal Quest to weave loss into life
Asavvi Kouris
Weaver

Age: 27 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Laine Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

A S A V V I

A year was a long time to sit around waiting for something that wasn’t going to happen; a long time to spend wishing. Asavvi had thought she was done with wishes when she lost her parents but it seem that losing her siblings had been just the thing to bring it back. Well, she was the lost one, if one was being accurate, and though she’d spent months traipsing divots and circles around this great fucking spire there was no way she had found of making her way home.

"I live here now." The murmer was quiet, testing out the words as she faced the derelict room. The workshop was familiar to her in many ways, containing much the same equipment she was used to using; the washbasin, the workbench, the shelves with tools and clamps and old distilled dyes, even a few bolts of musty muslin. The loom dominated the much of the space, and looked to be in decent condition despite having been abandoned for who knows how long.

Asavvi had found this place last Flowerbirth, an abandoned little building near the Artisan’s Guild, and it had sat in the back of her mind, reminding her how much she missed the simple satisfaction of productivity. Clearly no one was coming to claim it and so Asavvi though that whoever had lived and worked here might not mind so much if another of the trade took up the mantle.

"I live here now." It came out stronger this time, as if she had assured herself and now felt the need to introduce herself to the space. If her hands shook ever so slightly as she made the first grab towards the dusty workbench, at least there was no one here to see it. She began to haul out the unusable things first: broken jars, unusable ingredients for dyes, the sad remnants of a spinning wheel whose wooden base had rotted through. All these were taken straight out the front door and deposited one stained old dropcloth she’d set up as a makeshift tarp before she moved industriously back inside for another load.

|| Personal Quest for Asavvi to set up her textile shop! She’s found an abandoned building with most of what she needs with a decent workshop and itty bitty living quarters in the back.

The night sky once ruled my imagination
now I turn the dials with careful calculation.

Image Credit
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lily
She’s been cooped up too long; out of touch with what’s going on the Hollowed Grounds and embarrassingly oblivious to the comings and goings, Lily has decided she must get out of her house and take a very long walk. Around the settlement she goes, until the redhead passes by the Artisans Guild, and is pleasantly surprised to find a stranger clearing out a previously abandoned building.

For a moment, the entertainer watches the girl’s methodical, studious motions. In and out. In and out. There seems to be a lot to do and the day isn’t too hot - so perhaps the stranger could use some help, the way her friends once helped her set up the Cabaret (which still stands empty cause procrastination is a bitch). Stepping forward, she waves a little first to get the girl’s attention, then begins to speak. “Hi - hello. Hi. I’m sorry to interrupt, but do you need some help?”

She can just as easily continue on her walk to the fields and the Oasis. But if her help is desired then of course, she’ll stay. Pay it forward and maybe make a new friend? One can always use more friends. Plus, the girl has a kind of… melancholy, quiet look about her. It’s the kind of look one could almost write songs about.
women are like tricks by sleight of hand
which, to admire, we should not understand